Wonder Woman

E.Vi.L. said:
I don't know much about Wonder Woman, but if she's supposed to be an Amazon princess, shouldn't she look Greek?
Shouldn't Wilsin Fisk look white?

Really, there's a bunch of actresses hot enough for the role and I'm betting a quarter of them can actually act, so I'm not concern with who it is. What I am concern about is the script, its going to be very hard to make it good. Anyone actaully know any good WW stories?

Random said:

Don't recycle arguments. They don't apply to everything.

Fisk can be whatever. His character concept has no tie to any myths or culture. Note how he isn't even tied to one of the famous crime syndicates such as the mafia, triads or yakuza.

He's a generic crime boss.

Now Wonder Woman is supposed to be an Amazon. Her mother is Hyppolita, straight from Greek myths. In the three panels or so I've seen her, I think she mentionned Hera twice.

So yeah, she should at least look like she could be Greek. And Thor should look like a Norse, in case you were wondering.

Last edited:
Random said:

Really, there's a bunch of actresses hot enough for the role and I'm betting a quarter of them can actually act, so I'm not concern with who it is. What I am concern about is the script, its going to be very hard to make it good. Anyone actaully know any good WW stories?

Hiketia was a good one.

And the current series seems to be ended towards greatness.

I trust Joss with this.

Random said:

JLA: League of One by Christopher Moeller. The trouble is, what's needed is great Wonder Woman solo stories. Preferably with a great villain.

I think Kim Director's got the looks (except for size), and she can talk, which is a bonus. (In Inside Man (2006) she was fine.) Whether she's got or can learn the moves I don't know. The trouble is, she's 5' 6½" (1.69 m). It's going to be be a big issue to get someone with the right acting chops, the moves, the looks and the sheer size to be credible as Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman isn't Greek.

Did you catch that?

Well let me say it again...

WONDER WOMAN ISNT GREEK!

She was sculpted from clay by Hippolyta to be the perfect woman... Made from Mother Earth and the Queen of the Amazon, her upbringing nor her conception spoiled by no man. She is a product of all the world and a demi-goddess who is in the comics a Blonde Haired, Blue Eyed beauty who never resembled a greek. She is designed after statues of perfect humans... Whose race is unclear.

Thats why it doesn't matter where the actress comes from. Period.

Also, she is the epitome of the perfect woman. She shouldn't be fragile or anything, but the last thing she should be is someone as masculine as Angelina Jolie... She needs to be completely feminine, in a refreshing, powerful way.

Honestly I think it would be hillarious to play on the obvious misconceptions she would have against men when she leaves Paradise Island... Like very crazy femminazi sexist, but in a very innocent way. Like if crazy lesbian uberfeminists raised a daughter secluded from the world. She doesnt hate men... she just doesnt understand that everything she's been told isn't always the case.

Last edited:
Dr.Strangefate said:
Honestly I think it would be hillarious to play on the obvious misconceptions she would have against men when she leaves Paradise Island... Like very crazy femminazi sexist, but in a very innocent way. Like if crazy lesbian uberfeminists raised a daughter secluded from the world. She doesnt hate men... she just doesnt understand that everything she's been told isn't always the case.
Id like to see her get laid than think "Why are men so bad" and then see the toliet seat left up and freak out... I bet that would happen if they made it tens years ago

Dr.Strangefate said:
She was sculpted from clay by Hippolyta to be the perfect woman... Made from Mother Earth and the Queen of the Amazon, her upbringing nor her conception spoiled by no man. She is a product of all the world and a demi-goddess who is in the comics a Blonde Haired, Blue Eyed beauty who never resembled a greek. She is designed after statues of perfect humans... Whose race is unclear.

:shock:

Is there such a thing as a DC hero with a relatable background?

I knew they had a an alien with a savior complex and a psychotic billionaire on the line-up, but now I learn their big three is completed by a freaking lump of clay raised in paradise. I mean, daughter of an amazon queen wasn't already too common, but, this...

PS : How can she be a product of all the world if she's blue-eyed and blond? That's one of the least common trait if you don't live in Hollywood. Only Red haired and green eyed would be worse.

PPS : The only time I saw her, she was dark haired (and could pass for a woman from Greek myths, hence my confusion). So where does that blonde stuff comes frond? She dyes her hair?!

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
PPS : The only time I saw her, she was dark haired (and could pass for a woman from Greek myths, hence my confusion). So where does that blonde stuff comes frond? She dyes her hair?!
In her first appearance in September 1942, Wonder Woman was brunette (black haired), white, athletic as all get out (no stick figure limbs for her), and slightly flat-chested.

Her "iconic" appearance has never varied too far from that, though she's gotten bustier and more conventionally pretty, with bigger hair.

I think her best look ever was in JLA: League Of One, where she could indeed pass for Greek.

Adam Hughes draws a great Wonder Woman too. All his images of her are well worth looking at for an idea of the visual appeal of the character in her modern form.

My poor sentence structure has led you astray.

Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons, is typically a Blonde haired, blue eyed beauty.

Diana is a dark haired person.

I'm just saying that I want them to get the best damn person they can, and I don't care if she's american, indian, greek, british, or french.

She should just simply be a great actress with a powerful presence. But I like that they are looking a bit at unknowns... She should be recognizable as Wonder Woman, not necessarily as her actress.

Dr.Strangefate said:
My poor sentence structure has led you astray.

Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons, is typically a Blonde haired, blue eyed beauty.

Not according to this. (Basically what came up when I typed Hyppolita, didn't look far).

Last edited:
Okay, I might have been full of crap, because JLU based its Hippolyta on the old TV show...

180px-TVQueenHippolyte.jpg

Rather than the comics version...

225px-QueenHippolyta.png

It was late and I was convinced I was right and refused to check my sources.

I win! Aha! I won, you lose.

Now let me show you how graceful and humble I can be about it :

That's okay, everybody can make a mistake.

But not me, Aha! I Win!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back