What are your favourite universes?

Jozaca

So I was reading the love you all seem to have for the Arkhamverse and was wondering: What is your top 5 fictional universes? The ones you play/watch/read again and again without tiring yourself of them

So I was reading the love you all seem to have for the Arkhamverse and was wondering: What is your top 5 fictional universes? The ones you play/watch/read again and again without tiring yourself of them
Star Wars.
Arkhamverse.
Metal Gear Saga.
mignolaVerse.
Transformers.

Any particular Transformers Universe?
I love the Transformers brand (Who could Guess) in every way, of course there are some universes that I love less (Live-action continuity) and others that I love more (IDW Hasbroverse). But if I had to choose One continuity I would Say the Hasbroverse.

Anyway, now that I think about, you didn't Say your 5 fav universes.

I love the Transformers brand (Who could Guess) in every way, of course there are some universes that I love less (Live-action continuity) and others that I love more (IDW Hasbroverse). But if I had to choose One continuity I would Say the Hasbroverse.
Also I'm not One of the many people that dislike following the majority. For example I don't love the G1 Cartoon continuity very much. The only 2 things that I love about that continuity are Optimus' characterization and the '86 movie.

Also I'm not One of the many people that dislike following the majority. For example I don't love the G1 Cartoon continuity very much. The only 2 things that I love about that continuity are Optimus' characterization and the '86 movie.
I sometimes try to start franchises by the first chronological continuity they started with. But man, some of the old franchises have become so... outdated? I guess... Like, by the 70s or 80s they must have been pretty cool, but nowadays I feel as if their plots are something I have seen a million times, and the art looks awful compared with what we have nowadays. Some franchises/continuities I find "guilty" of this: (please nobody get angry at me)
-Kamen Rider (Original Show) and Kamen Rider (First Manga)
-Mazinger Z (Original Manga) and Mazinger Z (TV Show)
-Transformers (G1 TV Show)
-Halloween: I had to watch the first movie in two sessions, then I started the second, then changed to the 3rd, next day I decided to not finish the third and just finishing the second. The fourth one was the first I didn't found incredibly boring.
-Super Mario Bros.: The physics are even slightly different that in modern games and that causes me a lot of confusion.
-The Legend of Zelda
-Mega Man
-Wolfenstein 3D: I know that technically the two Muse Software Wolfenstein games came first. This game is sooo boring and difficult, every hall and corridor seems the same as the previous one, uggggh. However despite being only 1 or 2 years of difference, I find the first DOOM to be still quite enjoyable.

Last edited:
I sometimes try to start franchises by the first chronological continuity they started with. But man, some of the old franchises have become so... outdated? I guess... Like, by the 70s or 80s they must have been pretty cool, but nowadays I feel as if their plots are something I have seen a million times, and the art looks awful compared with what we have nowadays. Some franchises/continuities I find "guilty" of this: (please nobody get angry at me)
-Halloween: I have to watch the first movie in two sessions, then I started the second, then changed to the 3rd, next day I decided to not finish the third and just finishing the second. The fourth one was the first I didn't found incredibly boring.
-Super Mario Bros.: The physics are even slightly different that in modern games and that causes me a lot of confusion.
-The Legend of Zelda
-Mega Man
I suggest you to Watch Star Trek. It's weird you can feel that it's outdated, but at the same time you can't stop to Watch It. (I talk only for the original series).

-Halloween: I have to watch the first movie in two sessions, then I started the second, then changed to the 3rd, next day I decided to not finish the third and just finishing the second. The fourth one was the first I didn't found incredibly boring.
-The Legend of Zelda
-Mega Man
P.S. The First continuity in Transformers Is the Marvel USA Continuity which First appeared in 1982 un G. I. Joe #1.

I suggest you to Watch Star Trek. It's weird you can feel that it's outdated, but at the same time you can't stop to Watch It. (I talk only for the original series).
I actually watched the first 7 episodes or so (I plan on continuing some day). But I actually get what you are saying, some of these franchises are so unique that they are interesting even with the age factor.

I don't see the difference between Top 5 universes and 5 favorite universes, but, OK. What are your 5 favorite universes?
nono, I mean, I'm asking you the same question you made in this thread.

nono, I mean, I'm asking you the same question you made in this thread.
I have to confess that technically I haven't 100% finished any of this universes but probably something like this:

-Resident Evil Video Game Universe
-Sonic the Hedgehog Video Game Universe
-Pokémon Video Game Universe(s)
-The Legend of Zelda Universe
-Kingdom Hearts Universe

Yes, all video games.

Although I actually made the thread because I realised I didn't have a list, so wanted to see if people were so indecisive as me.

Donnerverse
Burtonverse (Part of Donnerverse, technically)
Alien vs Predator
Spider-Man Trilogy
Arkhamverse ( :( )
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Probably, anyway. I'm not very consistent, I could include anything from X-Men films to Animated Universes, Evil Dead, I don't really know.

• JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (especially when it's technically two universes)
  • Chainsaw Man
  • Slasherverse
  • Payday (and the sheer amount of crossovers it has)
  • Hotline Miami ("Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.")

Latest posts

Back