Uncanny X-Men series discussion (Spoilers!)

Why is Portacio the new artist instead of Dodson or Coipel? The latest issue was really poor. I thought Uncanny was supposed to be a flagship title and it's mediocre to terrible.

The artist for this started out OK for the beginning of #526, but quickly became horrible. Tony Stark looks horrendous! His face, his over-bulgy arm- which is also shorter than it should be. And Hope is buck-toothed in a panel.

Story-wise it was pretty decent. Not a lot to go on, felt like there wasn't much, but an OK intro to the arc. Hopefully it gets better after this. Actually- this feels more like a prologue, now that I think about it, than a "part 1".

Issue: 2.5/5

Edit:

The back-up story was better than the actual issue, story and art wise. Much more... intense (I guess?) and more interesting to read about.

Last edited:
Yeah. This. Um... Wasn't very good.....

The art was the worst. The writing was pretty ungood too, which is surprising, because I normally like Fraction's stuff.

Edit: Also, why does the girl they're watching in Vancouver have a picture of herself taking a dump at the park on her wall?

Last edited:
Apparently this series is being cancelled with issue #544.

How many months until X-Men (vol 3) becomes Uncanny X-Men and X-Men Legacy reverts back to being X-Men?

Uncanny #600 is too far away, (4 years 8 months), maybe for Uncanny #575 (2 years and 7 months from now).

So I'm halfway through the second Essential X-Men I got last week and I have to say I'm surprised how many classic stories Claremont really crammed into these things. So far it's shown the New X-Men forming, Thunderbird dying, The X-Men vs. Magneto twice, Juggernaut, Arcade, the first of the Phoenix and Shi'ar Saga stuff, Proteus, the introduction of Alpha Flight, Wolverine meeting Mariko Yoshida and a few other things I'm forgetting. Once I finish this I'll give a full review but these have been great reads.

How many months until X-Men (vol 3) becomes Uncanny X-Men and X-Men Legacy reverts back to being X-Men?
Wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Uncanny #600 is too far away, (4 years 8 months), maybe for Uncanny #575 (2 years and 7 months from now).
Is this assuming they go one comic a month? Sometimes two issues happen once a while. It could still happen then, though. Amazing Spider-Man went on for a couple years before reverting back to original numbering.

So I'm halfway through the second Essential X-Men I got last week and I have to say I'm surprised how many classic stories Claremont really crammed into these things. So far it's shown the New X-Men forming, Thunderbird dying, The X-Men vs. Magneto twice, Juggernaut, Arcade, the first of the Phoenix and Shi'ar Saga stuff, Proteus, the introduction of Alpha Flight, Wolverine meeting Mariko Yoshida and a few other things I'm forgetting. Once I finish this I'll give a full review but these have been great reads.

they're so good, i really love Chris Claremont's classic X-Men. I've read the first four volumes and it's all amazing.
Wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Is this assuming they go one comic a month? Sometimes two issues happen once a while. It could still happen then, though. Amazing Spider-Man went on for a couple years before reverting back to original numbering.

that's true. It could happen.

they're so good, i really love Chris Claremont's classic X-Men. I've read the first four volumes and it's all amazing.

that's true. It could happen.

I'm on the first Hellfire Club/Kitty Pryde's introduction and its gearing up for Dark Phoenix Saga so I'm pretty psyched.

Latest posts

Back