Ultimate X-Men #49 (SPOILERS)

Well, the real argument is whether or not the voices in his head span to others. Apocolypse could be a hallucination rather than a force, yes, but do you think he could move from head to head, telling them of his "arrival"?

but do you think he could move from head to head, telling them of his "arrival"?

Not if he's a voice in Sinister's head. I don't think he's a force revealing himself to Sinister, I think Sinister made him up in his head. Like I said though, I could be wrong.

Yeah, me 2. Apocolypse is a character that shouldn't be put to waste, especially in the Ultimate U, where they could vertually change the character to more of a menace rather than another Magneto.

A few weeks late, but I just got my copy today.
I really liked the arc, and I hope Vaughan stays on longer.
I'd personally like to believe, that Apokalips was nothing more than a voice in Sinister's head, and I'll take it as exactely that until he is revealed as something else. Problem is, though:
The final scene is so tempting, that future writers might give in to the temptation of bringing apocalypse back, even if Vaughan had done it only as a teaser.
I'm still waiting for the voice in blockbuster to be explained, though.

Yeah, I'm with Ricky on that one... The scene was so cool and it would be a shame if another writer didn't pick it up. Apocolypse can certainly bring up some interesting questions.

Wouldn't it be cool if Nick Fury knew that Sinister wasn't bluffing about Apocolypse? I mean, if he knew of a mutant that big but didn't tell Xavier... Hmm... Would make for an interesting story. That may even be something to consider for Ult. Nightmare... Apocolypse could be from space.

I hope to see Vaughan stick with the title for at least the same length as Millar. I wouldn't mind seeing another writer do a fill-in here or there, but I really like the ground Vaughan's exploring with Apoc and possibly tying up the voice from Blockbuster.

See, I see the final scene with Apocolypse as showing what Sinister is seeing in his mind; a face for the voice telling him what to do, and not as a literal man literally standing there in the cell with Sinister. And I don't think it takes away anything from Apoc's "coolness" factor...in fact I think it's a lot more creative and original compared to the 616 Apoc.

Yeah, the more and more I think about it, I think that we have to accept Apocolypse as a imaginary friend of Sinister's... That sounds tons more interesting than his 616 counterpart, doesn't it, UltimateE? :)

To actually contribute to the conversation, I would say that we outta have Gambit take the front seat in this one rather than Apocolypse. Sure, it was fun talking about a potential threat popping up that went by Apocolypse, however, I think that, since we demanded it, Gambit should take the front seat in this arc. He's an interesting enough character and with the Fenris twins, we don't have to worry about any omnipotent being manipulating a character that we cherish.

Yes. I hope Gambit's return is going to be a little more down to Earth than him being one of the four horsemen of the Apocolypse, as good as that story may have been and as much as people seem to have enjoyed it. I'm not sure that fits into the Ultimate Universe though...

Right... We've had one street urchan turned Horseman already, I don't think that we need to do any more with him. He needs to be a villain and he needs to stay on the streets for a while.

Aye Gambit needs to stay out of the team for another few dozen issues at least. He has great potential as an ambiguous loner character, especially as it allows a writer to make the most out of the roguish side of his personality. Also the core X-team's pretty well balanced right now, a few background junior class type students in a few dozen issues would help keep the institute in the school role it lost for almost 2 decades in 616 and provide a backburner to rotate new and/or less pivotal characters in and out of. That way characters just don't disappear. Eventually you can have senior students off teaching in later issues (over issue 100 I'd say) or even in a SHIELD Institute trained mutant team (where the older X-Men, if we're gonna stick to what's been said by Fury, should be going in a few years time). That way you can expand the X-team in Ultiamte without bloating the franchise with a million titles (or at most two - maybe one for the future SHIELD team and the original kept for the Insistute).

Latest posts

Back