Tin Man (Sci-Fi) (Spoilers)

Re: The All About TV Shows Thread

I watched the first part of Tin Man.

I enjoyed it. The acting seemed kinda of odd and silly at times, but nothing that really hurts. It is much different than any version of OZ, that I ever seen.

The OZ sounds too much like The OC.

And Zooey, whatever her last name is, is so hot.

Part 2 was so much more awesome.

More secrets revealed that keeps making the show more entertaining and worth giving the watch.

I don't think Cain's (Tin Man) wife is dead. I think she is alive like her son somewhere and they're all going to be reunited by the end of the series.

And seeing Toto! Then finding out Toto is a shapeshifting man. But it's nice to see the connection DG made about "Toto" and "Tutor".

I think the best part was seeing that the sister isn't the Wicked Witch of the West, but she has her inside her mind and body. Awesome twist after finding out the twist of her being the sister.

Tomorrow again they'll repeat tonight's episode at 7pm with part 3 being at 9pm.

Truly, this is greatness.

Last edited:
I'm burning all the episodes so I can watch them in one long block. I have heard great things, which excites me. Plus, Zooey Deschanel is like #3 on my list of hotties, which excites me even more.

I'm pretty pathetic...I'm watching this going "man...I love Azkadellia's costumes.."

I figured she was possessed when they showed her as a kid without the tats.

Toto as a shapeshifter was a good call.

The wife is dead, but I bet the son is in charge of the resistance.

One last thing before part 3 (the conclusion) starts now-

I thought the mother was in some kind of other realm or something, but she's really in this miniature globe thing. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
A cool ending.

And Houde was right. Cain's wife was dead.

This was a nice touch to the classic story. I like how the Wicked Witch really looked scary and no need for that pointy hat!

I hope to find this on DVD soon.

You know, I remember looking at the previews and when it started how she was with her parents, then seeing her at Oz and saying she was in search for them, and all I thought was that the whole mini was going to have the as a part-main plot or something. And then seeing her find them so quickly, I was wondering what else could happen.

Then there was that twist. Really, this was a great mini.

Last edited:
I agree with the ending.

When the witch melted, I said to myself

,,,She melted.

Than blam. DG says it. Exactly what I was thinking DG.

I was annoyed as why they called her DG and not just Dorothy. But the reveal that she's the descendant of the original Dorothy is brilliant and the black and white was a nice touch.

I still don't get why they call this Tin Man.

Sci-Fi just revealed in the new commercial for Sunday's repeat of all three episodes together that over 18 million people viewed the mini series.

Nice.

Now bring on the DVD!!! :rockon:

Picked up the blu-ray today. Not seen this yet but it looks great

this was unusually good for a sci-fi mini series.

But try explaing how good it was to someone who hasn't seen it.
"it's a... sci-fi version of...The Wizard of Oz...the wicked witch of the west is Dorthy's sister and she..turned oz into a militaristic state...and she has monkey tatoos on her breasts that turn into...flying moneky monsters...and the scarecrow has a zipper on his head...and Toto is a black man...but no, he's not just a black guy, he's also a shape-shifter...except he can only shape shift into...a scottish terrier.

I saw the first part today, I'll watch 2 tomorrow maybe 3 too. This is awesome it's like the wizard of oz crossed with star wars which totally reeks of awesomeness! Can't wait to the rest of it.

Latest posts

Back