The Vroom Vroom Thread - Cars, Auto Care and Driving Tips

Ultimate Warrior said:
You gotta have a woody?
I think I speak for all of us when I say: GAY!

Dude....you totally don't understand. A PT Cruiser with wood paneling is like an updated classic. A reminder of yesteryear. It is a thing of beauty.

My aunt in California has a coworker who has one with wood paneling with 2 surfboards mounted on top. It was the greatest PT I've ever seen.

Victor Von Doom said:
Dude....you totally don't understand. A PT Cruiser with wood paneling is like an updated classic. A reminder of yesteryear. It is a thing of beauty.
I know, I know. I'm not TOTALLY whacked when it comes to cars. Just tried to lighten the mood in this thread a bit. :wink: Not a good idea to try after having been up for 18 hours and it's two in the morning I guess.

Rhyo said:
Yes, all the work - the spouse (an engineer) is also a very accomplished fabricator and builder and all-around tinkerer.

And I worked as "scrutineer" at the races (along with about 5 other "official hats" which is one of the reasons I got tired of doing it at all) and one of the biggest problems we had was in explaining to someone that a) safety regs are fast and firm and not negotiable - either you meet them or you don't race and b) car classification regulations aren't negotiable, either, if it says your fuel injection may not be modified to race in that class, then it means exactly that, and you might have to race in a different class.

It's difficult to tell a man his car is not legal for class - it's as though you've told him both his dog and his baby are ugly, and things tend to get personal very quickly.

*sigh* *bigger sigh*, rules are a very fun thing. and im one of those guys. cuz with my bike, i park her right outside my shop, and the minute someone tries to say anything bad about her or my baby (my camaro), even if there joking, my happy-go-lucky attitude and sweet voice is out the window, my back is straight which is an auto-chest up, my hands are behind my back, and my voice is deep, low and cold, and my eyes become cold little slits as well. (im 6'1 brown guy with a wide chest and come in at about 200 lbs) and if they keep going, my next comment is, if anything ever happens to that thing (my babies), the person better wish the spawns of hell catch up to him before i do, cuz i'll skin them alive and hang them by there big toes. which shuts them up quickly. That also might explain how im able to get away with making fun of all those little kids that think a 20 dollar cherry bomber on there exhaust, which they think makes them, "bad ***".

but yea, rules are a FUN thing, and we do take it on a personal level, cuz we spend more money and time on our cars then we do on relationships. Its just the way it is. and now i get to read up on my bike (which happens to be a cruiser) and see what i can get away with and still have her be street and race legal, cuz she's got the power and speed, but theres no such thing as TOO much power ;)

and the fun thing about where we live miss. Rhyo, we have to abide by BOTH Washington AND Oregon rules, when racing, mainly for PIR.

ultimatedjf said:
"She has a PT Cwuiseh."

"A PT Cwuiseh."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was totally gonna say that, but I didn't feel like explaining it.

nigma said:
it looks like that stupid bubble chevy truck...the SSR?

That actually wasn't that bad. Nothing will ever be as bad as the Pontiac Aztek...

147Aztek.jpg

Victor Von Doom said:
That actually wasn't that bad. Nothing will ever be as bad as the Pontiac Aztek...

they arn't that bad after a while i got use to the look, theres alot more bad things out there.

like the HHR from Chevy.

and im a chevy fan....but even these make me turn my head in shame..

nigma said:
they arn't that bad after a while i got use to the look, theres alot more bad things out there.

like the HHR from Chevy.

and im a chevy fan....but even these make me turn my head in shame..

Ooooo....yeah.....those are bad.

its nice, sunny, and im going to go and speed on my bike. just wanted to say that.

Last edited:
Awesome. I've never been a big fan of the 2-wheel transportation........until last weekend.

I rented a Peugot Speed Flight 2 just to cruise up and down on the strip. Hot damn was that fun!!!!

RENTpeugot.JPG

Weak by most motorcycle standards....but it was my first time riding anything on 2 wheels that didn't require me to pedal.

Now I might be looking into bikes if I ever decide to get one.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
Awesome. I've never been a big fan of the 2-wheel transportation........until last weekend.

I rented a Peugot Speed Flight 2 just to cruise up and down on the strip. Hot damn was that fun!!!!

RENTpeugot.JPG

Now I might be looking into bikes if I ever decide to get one.

before you get anything, call up your insurance guy/gal and ask them how much it would be if you got one type of bike over the other. thats one of the main reasons i got my cruiser. it was about 3x cheaper for me then a rocket. maybe in a couple of years i might get a rocket, we'll see. Chances are, YOU won't hit people, PEOPLE will hit you.

Last edited:
nigma said:
before you get anything, call up your insurance guy/gal and ask them how much it would be if you got one type of bike over the other. thats one of the main reasons i got my cruiser. it was about 3x cheaper for me then a rocket. maybe in a couple of years i might get a rocket, we'll see. Chances are, YOU won't hit people, PEOPLE will hit you.

I always assumed insurance would vary by bike. I mean it varies by car...so why not bike?

I know my limits. There is no way I could handle a Ninja or something like that with my one day of experience. Hell...I almost beefed it on the scooter as soon as pulled out the parking lot.

Victor Von Doom said:
I always assumed insurance would vary by bike. I mean it varies by car...so why not bike?

I know my limits. There is no way I could handle a Ninja or something like that with my one day of experience. Hell...I almost beefed it on the scooter as soon as pulled out the parking lot.

what you wan't to do is take an MSF saftey course. most states have them. and lets just say i knew nothing about bikes, never touched one. i took that course and hoped on my bike and was ready to go.

and now it is time for me to go......crusing...yes thats the word.:twisted:

nigma said:
what you wan't to do is take an MSF saftey course. most states have them. and lets just say i knew nothing about bikes, never touched one. i took that course and hoped on my bike and was ready to go.

Yeah...the Air Force offers the course for free. Hell--you can't even ride your bike onto base unless you've taken the course. That goes for people who just bought the bike. You have to get it towed onto base.

But the catch 22 is that the course doesn't provide loaner bikes for the class. Yeah...it's weird like that.

Last edited:
I currently drive this:

delorean.jpg

And occasionally this:

16-Inch-Big-Wheel-Tricycle.jpg

Latest posts

Back