The Return

I saw a KISS tribute band a few years ago and it was incredible.

Who am I?

Who is anybody?

I suddenly like you a lot more now.

You know what's a really painful thing, musically-speaking? Having a friend who's a Greatful Dead fan.

My friend Tim loves them for some strange reason. I met him about 5 years ago through an ex girlfriend (Tim's wife and my ex were best friends), and we used to go hang out at their place a few times a week. And inevitably, we'd end hanging out in their converted garage playing darts, cards, or pool. And almost always, Timmy would throw on some God-awful GD record, and if he got really drunk or...something else, he'd start expounding about how awesome they were, and how he'd been to like a dozen of their shows when he was younger, and blah blah blah. None of us had the heart to tell him it sucked (well, his wife did...repeatedly), but my ex and I just acted like good sports and pretended we were somewhat into it.

God, how do they have so many fans? No amount of drugs or alcohol makes that crap good, let alone bearable.

The Dead isn't that bad, but I have a friend-couple who are HUGE Deadheads, and the obsession is really grating. Their argument against my persistent taunting is that it's about the culture more than the music and, I mean, while hippie music festivals have great drugs, I find the festy crowd fairly noxious. There's a surprisingly narrow line between a lot of the festies and dudebros.

Last edited:
I saw a KISS tribute band a few years ago and it was incredible.

KISS is incredible don't me wrong, they set the foundation for arena rock. There would be no Van Halen ect if it wasn't for KISS. I'm just stating about people with a one track mind.

Yikes. I heard a rumor VVD was actually spending time in a KISS tribute band during his absence. Of course that adds a whole new dimension to the "blackface" racial stereotype. And only VVD's immeasurable machismo and awesomeness could pull it off with any tact.

It's true. Once you hear my rendition of "Love Gun", science and state will "say" you're not officially gay...but........

It's true. Once you hear my rendition of "Love Gun", science and state will "say" you're not officially gay...but........

You sing about symbolic penises better than Starchild could ever hope to.

I certainly couldn't handle it. I got gay just from your Obama impression.

I rest my case. Lawyered!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back