The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

Is there a specific reason why the later portion of S1 is placed in August? I'm currently rewatching the series (finally getting around to Gen V for the first time) and I'm on 2x01 and so far the only references I've seen to dates are the Believe Expo in 1x05 running June 6th-10th and in 2x01 Translucent's public death being given as 2020. Right now I'm coming up with:
1x01-1x04- May 2020.
1x05- June 2020 (Sometime between the 6th-10th).
1x06-1x08- June 2020
2x01- August/September 2020 (Hughie mentions seeing Annie at the Teen Choice Awards which usually occurs in August).

I'm a little confused about where some of the other specific dates are coming from. I'm also confused with 1x02 how there's a 4-day time jump when scenes placed on May 25th feel like they should be the day after 1x01 ends.

Edit: A certain character's obituary in 2x02 (I know it's been a few years but still figured I'd avoid spoilers) shows they died on September 30th, 2020.

Last edited:
Is there a specific reason why the later portion of S1 is placed in August? I'm currently rewatching the series (finally getting around to Gen V for the first time) and I'm on 2x01 and so far the only references I've seen to dates are the Believe Expo in 1x05 running June 6th-10th and in 2x01 Translucent's public death being given as 2020. Right now I'm coming up with:
1x01-1x04- May 2020.
1x05- June 2020 (Sometime between the 6th-10th).
1x06-1x08- June 2020
2x01- August/September 2020 (Hughie mentions seeing Annie at the Teen Choice Awards which usually occurs in August).

I'm a little confused about where some of the other specific dates are coming from. I'm also confused with 1x02 how there's a 4-day time jump when scenes placed on May 25th feel like they should be the day after 1x01 ends.

Edit: A certain character's obituary in 2x02 (I know it's been a few years but still figured I'd avoid spoilers) shows they died on September 30th, 2020.
I'm still trying to figure that out since in Gen V episode 7 has the date "May 28, 2019" on a newspaper talking about the plane crash from Boys 1x04.

I'm still trying to figure that out since in Gen V episode 7 has the date "May 28, 2019" on a newspaper talking about the plane crash from Boys 1x04.
Looks like a similar problem to Runaways where each season is treated as its release year, even though they clearly can't be. After finishing S1, I didn't notice anything confirming 2019, however, 2x01 has Translucent's public death as 2020 and I'm not sure if you caught my edit, but there's a September 30th, 2020 date in 2x02. I think the May 28th at the very least can be kept, since it fits with the June 6th-10th mention in 1x05.

Looks like a similar problem to Runaways where each season is treated as its release year, even though they clearly can't be. After finishing S1, I didn't notice anything confirming 2019, however, 2x01 has Translucent's public death as 2020 and I'm not sure if you caught my edit, but there's a September 30th, 2020 date in 2x02. I think the May 28th at the very least can be kept, since it fits with the June 6th-10th mention in 1x05.
This timeline is all f-cked up. I'll go back and look at this when I'm not busier than God right now.

If someone can provide a list of all the video tie-in promotional stuff that's canon, that would be very helpful.
Already gave some placement notes in this post. Doesn't cover all the videos, but AFAIK, they're all canon moreorless.

35 minutes and 35 seconds into episode 7 of Gen V, there's a "1" on Marie's calendar.
September 1st?

I tried to place the Gen V promotional stuff from The Vought channel but most of it didn't fit story wise (e.g. The safe sex PSA I had during the events of episode 1 for obvious reasons for anyone who has seen the show, but the costumes that the characters were wearing didn't match the short timeframe and it didn't make sense for some of the characters being in it)

So so far what is canon is
*The God U campus tour (as it is shown in ep 1)
*Jordan Li tour (Relatively canon but could be picked apart further for inconsistencies)

Maybe canon:
*Think brink ( I put this before ep 2 because it's mainly happening early on in the same episode or before episode 3 but what made me drop it as non canon is the fact that Kate is wearing the same clothes from episode 1 and the safe sex psa which is also non canon also it was kinda covered in episode 3 and Marie really wasn't 100% about going so why make an appearance in this)
*Guardians of Godulkin (this has to happen either after ep 8 or it's mid credits scene but they used clips from the actual show which is making me think it's more promo than canon)
* safe sex psa (would have to take place during episode 1 but why would Marie or some of the other characters want to be in this also the whole costume debacle)

Going through S1 using the evidence I've gathered so far, I've come up with this:
1x01- May 2020
1x02- May 2020
1x03- May 2020
1x04- May 28th-29th, 2020 (The race from 1x03 is said to be "last week", so there should be a bigger time jump. I don't see anything specifically placing 1x01-1x03, which is why I just went with May. And of course the 28th comes from the paper in Gen V. There's an ad for the Believe Expo running June 6th-10th, which fits.)
1x05- June 6th, 2020 (I'm just assuming the Expo is its opening day).
1x06- June 2020 (The only specific reference to time is that it's been two weeks since the Expo, so I just went with June).
1x07- June 2020 (The episode picks up shortly after 1x06).
1x08- June 2020 (The episode picks up shortly after 1x07).

With the time jump from 1x08-2x01, I see nothing that contradicts this so far.

Going through S1 using the evidence I've gathered so far, I've come up with this:
1x01- May 2020
1x02- May 2020
1x03- May 2020
1x04- May 28th-29th, 2020 (The race from 1x03 is said to be "last week", so there should be a bigger time jump. I don't see anything specifically placing 1x01-1x03, which is why I just went with May. And of course the 28th comes from the paper in Gen V. There's an ad for the Believe Expo running June 6th-10th, which fits.)
1x05- June 6th, 2020 (I'm just assuming the Expo is its opening day).
1x06- June 2020 (The only specific reference to time is that it's been two weeks since the Expo, so I just went with June).
1x07- June 2020 (The episode picks up shortly after 1x06).
1x08- June 2020 (The episode picks up shortly after 1x07).

With the time jump from 1x08-2x01, I see nothing that contradicts this so far.
Starlight said she was with The Seven "a few months" in 1x05.

Starlight said she was with The Seven "a few months" in 1x05.
1x02 picks up right after 1x01, 1x03 picks up right after 1x02, and 1x04 is said to be a week after 1x03. I don't see how she could be with the Seven for a few months unless you push some of 1x01 back into April with her maybe referring to when she got the confirmation and it then took time for her to officially join. I do feel the June 6th-10th referring to the Expo is pretty concrete though since it's shown on the TV and mentioned in the dialogue.

Edit: She mentions these past "few months" but doesn't say it's specifically referring to her time within the Seven. So, like I said maybe she's including the entire process including her training, tryouts, interview, etc.

Last edited:
1x02 picks up right after 1x01, 1x03 picks up right after 1x02, and 1x04 is said to be a week after 1x03. I don't see how she could be with the Seven for a few months unless you push some of 1x01 back into April with her maybe referring to when she got the confirmation and it then took time for her to officially join. I do feel the June 6th-10th referring to the Expo is pretty concrete though since it's shown on the TV and mentioned in the dialogue.
I don't remember where that June 6th-10th was in the episode.

I don't remember where that June 6th-10th was in the episode.
It's in a commercial for the Expo in 1x04, while Hughie and Annie are bowling. If that episode is around May 28th, it makes sense an event running from June 6th-10th would be advertising.

Let me suggest this: That clipboard seen in 1x06 is clearly the wrong date.

But June 21st somehow fits instead of the August 21st so I'm going with that.

For 1x07, what makes it take place immediately after?

Oh okay I figured out why I had 1x07 at August:

But it was under the clipboard assumption. And when the Deep is looking at his computer it read "Wed" (Wednesday) at the top right.

Latest posts

Back