Supergirl Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Thanks to projects list I got
  • Superman: New Krypton Special
  • Superman #681
  • Adventure Comics Special featuring The Guardian
  • Action Comics #871

Today and since I already had

Supergirl #35 I've got the first 5 parts.

Also after TOG saying Maelstrom was pretty decent I bought parts 1 and 2 of it. I'm going to wait till have all of New Krypton and All of Maelstrom before I read them so I can have the full story at once. Is Maelstrom set before new Krypton? so I would know to read it before or after.

Thanks to projects list I got
  • Superman: New Krypton Special
  • Superman #681
  • Adventure Comics Special featuring The Guardian
  • Action Comics #871

Today and since I already had

Supergirl #35 I've got the first 5 parts.

Also after TOG saying Maelstrom was pretty decent I bought parts 1 and 2 of it. I'm going to wait till have all of New Krypton and All of Maelstrom before I read them so I can have the full story at once. Is Maelstrom set before new Krypton? so I would know to read it before or after.

It is set before.

It is set before.

Ah. Question that might be silly. But with both comics been released together like this and with Maelstrom been set before. Does that mean the writers of New Krypton already know what happens in Maelstrom? So they can reference it ect... Or when comics do this do they just wing it?

Read both Maelstrom and New Krypton and super girl 37 now. My thoughts :

Maelstrom = Pointless as the new character Maelstrom doesn't seem likely to ever be mentioned again , The story doesn't effect the main character's series at all. Still it was mildly entertaining.

2/5

New Krypton = Hate , hate , HATE having 10,000 Kryptonians running around. However I would hate it even more if it wasn't actually pretty well done. Also Bizarro crying at Jonathan Kent's gave and saying "Me happy!" was both hilarious and sad at the same time. Also Supergirl's mothers a *****!

3.5/5

Supergirl 37 not going to rate as its part one of a story. But I just want to say I may be wrong but I think Superwoman =
Supergirl's friend who was in charge of security
it seems a little too obvious though.

Well, that's not very jail-baitey.

My biggest complaint is, the current costume is very fitting for what a modern 16 - 17 year old girl would choose for herself, and seriously, how are bike shorts better? They'll be drawn on as painted on (like they really leave much to the imagination IRL), so how is this edict a fix.

If they wanted to make her more modest, why not go the Kon-El, Cassie Sandsmark route; put her in a rashguard or a t-shirt and board shorts.

I've been asking around with the guys I know the work for DC, this is just the tip of the iceberg, Mary Marvel and Power Girl are next.

My biggest complaint is, the current costume is very fitting for what a modern 16 - 17 year old girl would choose for herself, and seriously, how are bike shorts better? They'll be drawn on as painted on (like they really leave much to the imagination IRL), so how is this edict a fix.

If they wanted to make her more modest, why not go the Kon-El, Cassie Sandsmark route; put her in a rashguard or a t-shirt and board shorts.

I've been asking around with the guys I know the work for DC, this is just the tip of the iceberg, Mary Marvel and Power Girl are next.

I guess there's the whole argument of "preserving the integrity of the S-Shield". And then there's the argument of her spending most of the time in the air, meaning all of Metropolis is going to get a pretty solid upskirt.

But then again, yeah. Is there that big of a difference in seeing painted on bike shorts vs. painted on panties?

Grrrrr STOP doing this DC.

What are the parts to Codename: Patriot? I have Supergirl 44 I got that today but it's part of Codename: Patriot and I don't know what the parts are or the order.

I hate this. Keep her in her own comic damn it.

Grrrrr STOP doing this DC.

What are the parts to Codename: Patriot? I have Supergirl 44 I got that today but it's part of Codename: Patriot and I don't know what the parts are or the order.

I hate this. Keep her in her own comic damn it.

It's probably not much use just reading one Superman title at the moment. They're all being written by the same writers and are interconnected. They're all building up to a giant Superman story in 2010.

Codename: Patriot is in the following issues:
World of New Krypton #5 (unofficial, just the cliffhanger)
World of New Krypton #6 (part 1)
Action Comics #880 (part 2)
Supergirl #44 (part 3)
Superman #691 (part 4)

And apparently Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen Special #2 is an unofficial "part 5" to the story but I haven't read it yet.

It's probably not much use just reading one Superman title at the moment. They're all being written by the same writers and are interconnected. They're all building up to a giant Superman story in 2010.

That sucks as I don't really like the others.

Codename: Patriot is in the following issues:
World of New Krypton #5 (unofficial, just the cliffhanger)
World of New Krypton #6 (part 1)
Action Comics #880 (part 2)
Supergirl #44 (part 3)
Superman #691 (part 4)

And apparently Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen Special #2 is an unofficial "part 5" to the story but I haven't read it yet.

Thank you :D i will go and get those tomorrow if I can.

Latest posts

Back