Star Wars: The Clone Wars [spoilers]

Darth Vader as a coming of age story? I'd see that.

Hopefully, it will star Ellen Page and Michael Cera, and Darth Vader will get pregnant and the soundtrack will be by the Moldy Peaches... OMG!

Genndy's story was perfect. It played right into Ep.III. Now this Clone Wars screws all that right up.

Also...I read where Seth Green thought Ep.III was like a rat's nut hair away from being the perfect Star Wars film. I watched it last week.....and it kinda was.

Darth Vader as a coming of age story? I'd see that.

Eh, I'd just prefer a minutes long short where the emperor *****slaps vader and says "stop being a little whiney emo *****" To which vader then kills thirty rebels without looking all emo about it

That's why I think a viable option for the next big Star Wars project is a story bridging Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

Let's face it, Anakin is incredibly immature, idealistic and selfish in Revenge of the Sith. I think he was still a child when he fought Obi Wan and he didn't really come of age until his time as Darth Vader. His role in the new movie would be hunting down the Jedi, searching for Obi Wan, and becoming the man he is in the original trilogy. Twenty years as Vader will change a person and this movie would show that.

The heroes? Bail Organa and the other leaders of the Rebellion, showing how they began their struggle against the empire. Bonus points for showing the base on Dantooine.

It would also show how the Republic made the complete transition into a dictatorship. Remember, in New Hope, the dissolution of the Senate is so recent that Leia doesn't even know about it when her ship's boarded by Vader.

Other potential plotlines include Grand Moff Tarkin's rise to power, the beginning of Rogue Squadron, and the enslavement of the Wookiees.

There are probably many expanded universe stories about this time period--they would be respected and this project (miniseries, movie, whatever) would try to follow many of their plotlines, but it wouldn't be a 100% faithful adaption.

References to major characters in the original trilogy would be kept to a strict minimum.

Isn't that what the force Unleashed game is about?

Eh, I'd just prefer a minutes long short where the emperor *****slaps vader and says "stop being a little whiney emo *****" To which vader then kills thirty rebels without looking all emo about it
Clearly, you fail to realize that I am being utterly facetious.

I think George Lucas should just give Joss Whedon some money to make more Firefly.

I think Joss Whedon should write any future Star Wars installments for George.

You know, so he can teach the guy how to make a character's death MATTER.

Thank goodness they did.

I mean they have to make up for all the deaths that DON'T matter.

Does anybody even remember that Anakin had a mother?

Does anybody even remember that Anakin had a mother?

Her death was important as it showed Anakin not dealing with loss and turning to the dark side. The scene where he just slaughters every one of them for it was brilliant

Her death was important as it showed Anakin not dealing with loss and turning to the dark side. The scene where he just slaughters every one of them for it was brilliant
Right.

On principle, yes. Lucas can, to some extent, write a credibly good story.

"Anakin Skywalker, hellbent on becoming ruler of the galaxy, is confronted by his secret wife baby mama to convince him to stop this madness, unfortunately the emergence of a stowaway Obi-Wan only sends him into a rage, so he force chokes her into a coma." That's not bad writing, and neither is the death of Anakin's mother.

But in terms of acting, directing and pacing or scriptwriting? No. Never mind how he translates his scenes into a film: Utter crap.

So when I say Whedon should teach Lucas how to write a death scene that matters, I also mean, one that he also knows how to actually direct, and one he can append decent dialogue to.

Right.

On principle, yes. Lucas can, to some extent, write a credibly good story.

"Anakin Skywalker, hellbent on becoming ruler of the galaxy, is confronted by his secret wife baby mama to convince him to stop this madness, unfortunately the emergence of a stowaway Obi-Wan only sends him into a rage, so he force chokes her into a coma." That's not bad writing, and neither is the death of Anakin's mother.

But in terms of acting, directing and pacing or scriptwriting? No. Never mind how he translates his scenes into a film: Utter crap.

So when I say Whedon should teach Lucas how to write a death scene that matters, I also mean, one that he also knows how to actually direct, and one he can append decent dialogue to.

I could get into this but I think this talk belongs in the "all about star wars" thread.

Then go forth and post, young man. :)

No :lol: I've had this discussion on here and on other message boards I could write both sides myself :lol:I'm just bored of that argument/debate.

Latest posts

Back