Sherlock Holmes (Frogwares) Timeline

so guys, if some of you, can find at least a Month in wich can be set or some references to other stories can be good for a more precise placement. Thanks for the help.
It starts on Saturday, June 25th 1887. The Game ends on the 26th, though you can beat it on the 25th

It starts on Saturday, June 25th 1887. The Game ends on the 26th, though you can beat it on the 25th
thanks, I will see if that game can fit. Anyway if you have other game or you find info about the 2 spin off game that I couldn't find, will be really appreciated. Thanks for your help mr.

Guys finished the valley of fear, Holmes didn't met Moriarty, but he realized that he was the mind behind the omicide.

Also I Just found out that exist some Sherlock Holmes comic books, are there a chance for this to be Canon or Better leave them to be? (Will be searching on them anyway After finishing the First craft of the timeline anyway).

P.S. Before anyone says something, from what I Heard the Holmes novels made by other outhors and the Enola Holmes Ones, have a lot of inconsistances to be considered Canon in this universe.

Also I Just found out that exist some Sherlock Holmes comic books, are there a chance for this to be Canon or Better leave them to be? (Will be searching on them anyway After finishing the First craft of the timeline anyway).

P.S. Before anyone says something, from what I Heard the Holmes novels made by other outhors and the Enola Holmes Ones, have a lot of inconsistances to be considered Canon in this universe.
I thought you were only considering canon all of the games by Frogware and the original stories, since they seem to be canon to the games. There is hundreds of stories made by different authors in the last century that continue Sherlock Holmes adventures in different ways, but to my understanding trying to put everything that could fit into a timeline would be even more difficult that making a timeline for the Marvel's Earth-616.

Guys, I think, mr jozaca is right. This timeline is having the objective on doing a FROGWARES Sherlock Holmes timeline, not putting every piece of lore into it. So I think maybe we should ignore the comic books and everything else aside from the Arthur Conan Doyle's stories and the Frogwares games.

Guys, I think, mr jozaca is right. This timeline is having the objective on doing a FROGWARES Sherlock Holmes timeline, not putting every piece of lore into it. So I think maybe we should ignore the comic books and everything else aside from the Arthur Conan Doyle's stories and the Frogwares games.
That's a bummer

Are we adding the other Sherlock Holmes games? Like: Mystery of the Mummy, Case of the Silver Earring, Jack the Ripper, Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Crimes and Punishment and Devil's Daughter

Are we adding the other Sherlock Holmes games? Like: Mystery of the Mummy, Case of the Silver Earring, Jack the Ripper, Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Crimes and Punishment and Devil's Daughter
100% affirmative.

So both "The Awakened" and "The Awakened: Remake" fit into the same universe?
IDK at the moment since I don't have the Remake. I will add both of them for now, since they are set in 2 different points in time. One in 1882 and the other in 1894. I will eventually check the remake and see what I can do.

Okay saying this, since I know that someone will point this out. I know that there are references to other cases from the novels and short stories that shouldn't be there. Before you say that maybe they happen in a different timeframe than the Doyle Canon, in Crimes & Punshment game the first case, which is an adaptation of a short story, has a canonical date of may 1895. But even then when you start the level, the Herpoon is present during the case. So you should ignore the references to cases that didn't happen yet, in the sherlock holmes games.

So I know it's too early, but leaving it here, since I like to be one step ahed. The timeline presented In the Video game "Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter" doesn't literally make sense. All the documents and the references on screen set the game as happening in 1895. But this can't be true why? Well:

1. Sherlock Holmes and John Watson have their 1900-1903 designs.
  2. Dracula is a book published in 1898.
  3. Kathelyn Holmes [Moriarty] was saved by holmes when she was about 1-2 years old in September 1898, but now seems to be at least 4-6 years old.
  4. The Underground Electric Railways Company of London was a real company founded in 1903.
So since in canon Sherlock retired in 1903. I thought about having this game being his last case, since his adoptive daughter is in danger and after saving her I think he would want to stay away from the criminal underground. Another point is that the game start in November and in canon he retires in the fall 1903, so it makes sense for him to retire at the end of the game in November or December 1903.

So I would say the game start in November 1903. Ending possibly in December 1903.

Do you guys agree? Or do you think there is another way to place this game?

Guys playing through vs jack the ripper in these Days, and you can See how Moriarty Is Dangerous cos he Is referred as a Devil, While jack the ripper as a coward....by Watson.

Finished Jack the Ripper, and I want to tell you guys this, since I Know someone will bring this up. Ate the end of the case Sherlock asks Watson to write a novel to make the people of Whitechappel forget the Ripper murderers, referencing "The Hound of the Barskevilles". This doesn't make sense. The main events of the novel are set in 1889 and not in 1888 during the ripper murderers. Even so, the year the Sherlock Holmes Novels, Short Stories and Video Games [For the Video Games I will explain better when we will arrive to 1898 with "The Testament of Sherlock Holmes", for the moment just trust me] are canon in universe. For example the novel "A Study in Scarlett" was published in 1887 IRL, This is proven right as in the novel "The Sign of Four" Sherloch references the publishing of the novel as being very recently and is also supported by the fact that Sherlock isn't famous in every story set between 1881 to 1886. So returning on the point, "The Hound of the Barskevilles was published in 1901 IRL. So it's impossible that the publication of this book made the people of whitechappel forget Jack the Ripper. So even if the stry is referenced at the end of the game, we have to assume that Watson will write another novel that isn't the stroy that will be the main events of our season 5.

Latest posts

Back