New Questions Answered by Robert Kirkman

I should register and ask if he plans to do anything with Ultimate Deadpool and Omega Red. Possibly redeem them. Have Omega Red escape and kick Spiderman's a** all over the place, and give Deadpool a sense of humor. And if possible, make it so he doesn't have a skull for a head. I don't know how, but I am sure he could figure out a way.

Taskmaster said:
I should register and ask if he plans to do anything with Ultimate Deadpool and Omega Red. Possibly redeem them. Have Omega Red escape and kick Spiderman's a** all over the place, and give Deadpool a sense of humor. And if possible, make it so he doesn't have a skull for a head. I don't know how, but I am sure he could figure out a way.

I agree with Omega Red and giving Deadpool his sense of humor back, but I think we should keep the skull head. It would be a cop-out from Deadpool's "We gave up everything!" when it could just return to his normal look that easy. Oh, I just noticed, Deadpool's mask squinting doesn't make sense even more than Spidey since his face is in a glass casing. How does he do that?

Last edited:
New questions (no, not by me):

1) Will you incorporate more of your own characters like the Magician in your story?

NO. Not any time soon, probably not ever. I think the Ultimate U is cool because it's new takes on familar characters. New characters are cool, but I don't want to do it more than once. I did it, I'm moving on.

2) Can we maybe get more story sort of centered around different villains rather than Magneto? Like maybe something on Multi-Man, or even Toad? I loved the little side plot that Cyke and Toad were good friends, but we never quite saw anything of it rather than a mention in 2 or 3 issues, etc.

The Cyke Toad stuff will be dealt with almost immediately after issue 80. Stay tuned. Magneto is going to be on the back burner for some time. It's only a big deal when he returns if he's been out of play for a while. Stay tuned.

3) Okay, we have Cable coming, is an appearance of Bishop possibly in the works or an idea?

Anything is POSSIBLE. Likely? That's an entirely other matter.

-Robert

Hi-Fi said:
5) Since we're talking about Cyke...

It would be great if Robert at least made the belts DO SOMETHING! He's had them since issue 1 and I haven't seen him use them at all? What's he got in there? Why is he wearing them? There has to be a reason!

Cable uses almost every pouch and piece of equipment on him. That was something I wanted to make sure to do when I brought him in. I see no reason for Cyclops not to do the same. Stay tuned.

6) And...could you flesh out Cyke some more? He's been with the Brotherhood, Magneto actually seems to like him, and he's Xavier's golden child. Why do Mags and X seem to put so much into Cyke? Mags wanted him to be his son more than Quicksliver and in Return of the King Cyke shot Magneto and Magneto got up and FORGAVE HIM! Could you play up on that relationship and how those two see Cyke as the future and trust their dreams to live on in Cyclops.

I plan on fleshing out ALL these characters at least a little bit. That's why I'll be thinning out the main cast somewhat to get more room to DO that. That said, just because your favorite X-Man isn't on "the team" or running around doing stuff EVERY ISSUE they'll still be in the book. For me, the coolest thing about Ultimate X-Men, the thing that makes it the BEST X-Men book to write is that EVERYONE is in one book. It's like writing Uncanny, X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, and all the others in one book. So I have access to everyone and I'll be using everyone... just not EVERY issue. It will be cool, I promise

5)
time travel, simialar pouches, maybe scott summers is cable in the future?????

6) i forgot about that, its actually a really good question, and both arcs were written by Mark Millar..... it would be cool if it was going to go somewhere

Hi I'm Foolsfolly.

Thanks Shihad I asked both those questions :D I loved the Millar arcs and loved the BKV arcs. (The Bendis stuff was somewhere around he didn't care WTF he killed Beast in the dumbest way to kill a person with SUPER AGILITY) But Bendis and BKV seem to have left out somethings from Millar's run that I would like to be brought back.

*Wolverine's not a nice guy in Ultimate. Bendis made him a nice guy.
*Animal Evolutionaries should come back. IMO.
*Prof X isn't as dark as he was under Millar. Hell he was a dead beat dad and people don't question enough his motives anymore!
*None of the writers since Millar have focused on any of the backstories of the Ultimate X-Men. Colossus's mob days, Wolverine, Rogue, and Nightcrawler's days with Weapon X! BKV added Deathstrike to Storm's past which I liked. Cyke and Jean's past are pretty much tied to the school and are the only X-Men without a dark past. Interesting that huh? And Jean's becoming a cosmic force of destruction.

But IMO no one since Millar has done anything with Ultimate Cyclops and that's why I asked the question. Since Return of the King we've gotten...umm we found out he's Havok's younger brother and he dated Polaris. He doesn't even command the Danger Room training anymore Storm seems to have taken over that. Does he do anything else but fight in a panel or two and pilot the X-Wing (when did the name change btw? It went from X-Jet to X-Wing which makes me whince whenever I read it because...well...it's a Star Wars fightership!)

So I see Cyke dying in this book and he NEEDS some attention. Right now he's Mr. Jean Grey.

As for you're guess (so I'm not sure it can BE classified as spoiler) I highly doubt it man. It would be a different twist! But I doubt it.

Sorry for the long post. I've been lurking here for a long while and had things to say here. lol

Welcome Foolsfolly! Glad you could join us here at UC. Hope you have a good time lookin' around and postin'. :D

Now I'll be seein' ya in two boards.

Last edited:
Foolsfolly said:
Hi I'm Foolsfolly.

Thanks Shihad I asked both those questions :D I loved the Millar arcs and loved the BKV arcs. (The Bendis stuff was somewhere around he didn't care WTF he killed Beast in the dumbest way to kill a person with SUPER AGILITY) But Bendis and BKV seem to have left out somethings from Millar's run that I would like to be brought back.

*Wolverine's not a nice guy in Ultimate. Bendis made him a nice guy.
*Prof X isn't as dark as he was under Millar. Hell he was a dead beat dad and people don't question enough his motives anymore!
*None of the writers since Millar have focused on any of the backstories of the Ultimate X-Men. Colossus's mob days, Wolverine, Rogue, and Nightcrawler's days with Weapon X! BKV added Deathstrike to Storm's past which I liked. Cyke and Jean's past are pretty much tied to the school and are the only X-Men without a dark past. Interesting that huh? And Jean's becoming a cosmic force of destruction.

But IMO no one since Millar has done anything with Ultimate Cyclops and that's why I asked the question. Since Return of the King we've gotten...umm we found out he's Havok's younger brother and he dated Polaris. He doesn't even command the Danger Room training anymore Storm seems to have taken over that. Does he do anything else but fight in a panel or two and pilot the X-Wing (when did the name change btw? It went from X-Jet to X-Wing which makes me whince whenever I read it because...well...it's a Star Wars fightership!)

So I see Cyke dying in this book and he NEEDS some attention. Right now he's Mr. Jean Grey.

As for you're guess (so I'm not sure it can BE classified as spoiler) I highly doubt it man. It would be a different twist! But I doubt it.

Sorry for the long post. I've been lurking here for a long while and had things to say here. lol

You are my new favorite member on the board! Welcome! These points are really good... Rock.

Foolsfolly said:
Heard
I didn't really find him that dark under Millar to begin with. Vaughan constantly had the kids questioning their leader though. And Kirkman's bringing out all of the guns with the "dark Xavier" angle. Even more then I'd like to see I think. But yeah, it's definitely been touched upon.
*None of the writers since Millar have focused on any of the backstories of the Ultimate X-Men. Colossus's mob days, Wolverine, Rogue, and
Cyclops/Havok/Lorna... Vaughan outed Colossus (that's a backstory), Storm/Lady Deathstrike/WeaponX/Wolverine... I think it's unfair to accuse writers of not expanding on other writer's character traits. If it's gonna be like that why aren't you accusing Millar of delving into these mob stories of Colossus, or Wolverine's WeaponX days, or whatever it is of Rogue you're looking for. All of the writers have touched upon these things regardless. You're just being ignorant to the fact that you're not getting a full blown out character centric story. I'm glad they handle things the way that they do.

Dude, I'm almost right there with you. Cyclops is my favorite X-Man but I still think that trickles of information is better than the full blown out tale. Cyclops under Kirkman is more of a leader than any of them has written. But I still remember him calling the shots when Vaughan had him on missions too.

Has anyone considered if Magician has anything to do with Xavier? Maybe some sort of proteus/Onslaught connection?

I mean, Ult. Xavier mindwiped Magneto already, which IIRC is what led to 616 Onslaught.

Ultimate MJ said:
Has anyone considered if Magician has anything to do with Xavier? Maybe some sort of proteus/Onslaught connection?

I mean, Ult. Xavier mindwiped Magneto already, which IIRC is what led to 616 Onslaught.

I don't know if you're just not paying attention or what? Proteus has been mentioned already. Read back a few posts.

As for Onslaught, I'll admit the idea popped into my head. I was just flipping through Wizard and saw it was the 10 year anniversery. Not that I'd want it to happen but if this was some kind've ode, I'd understand but not be happy with it.

Is anyone happy The Magician's just an original character? I am. I don't like him but I'm cool with some original characters. Like Kirkman said, One OC to a writer seems reasonable.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't know if you're just not paying attention or what? Proteus has been mentioned already. Read back a few posts.

As for Onslaught, I'll admit the idea popped into my head. I was just flipping through Wizard and saw it was the 10 year anniversery. Not that I'd want it to happen but if this was some kind've ode, I'd understand but not be happy with it.

Is anyone happy The Magician's just an original character? I am. I don't like him but I'm cool with some original characters. Like Kirkman said, One OC to a writer seems reasonable.

I have been in a DIB state of mind, so maybe I missed something. I was just sugesting the idea that Proteus could be tied into an Onslaught story, which IU dont think has been mentioned thus far. I mean, Onslaught is all about Xaviers repressed dark side, and Proteus is probably the darkest we have seen U.Xavier yet.

And as an aside, a did a search of this thread and my post was the first I could find that mentioned Proteus. Are you sure you didnt get this thread confused with the UltXmen 72 thread?

And as far as Magician just being an original character... Hes a bad one. Thats why everyone wants to see something broader done with him, and thats why Kirkman is doing something broader. Magician is WAY too overpowered to be a permanent resident of the UU. With him on a team, theres no point in having anyone else on the team.

I'd be fine if Kirkman is doing a completly original storyline with the Magician, but if hes going to stick around he needs to be seriously depowered and explained.

Onslaught....hmmm....the possibility is certainly open since Charles has already mindwiped Magneto. It's definitely a story that could use a good Ultimizing, although I would be disappointed if the Magician had anything to do with Onslaught directly.

I was just thinking that maybe Prof. X created Magician subconciously or something... Maybe a prelude to Onslaught.

Just idle speculation, really. Kirkmans track record is such that wherever he goes with his run, I will probably enjoy it.

Proteus and Magician have nothing to do with each other. I can say that with complete certainly since Kirkman has said many times he's an orginal character with no comparable character in 616.

Also I can't wait until this arc finishes. Date Night-Pheonix?-Magical arc as gone on long enough and I'm sick of Magician it's time to watch the X-Men beat the hell out of him.

Ultimate MJ said:
I was just thinking that maybe Prof. X created Magician subconciously or something... Maybe a prelude to Onslaught.

Just idle speculation, really. Kirkmans track record is such that wherever he goes with his run, I will probably enjoy it.

Now, if I posted this idea... Man, I'd be killed... :)

Nah, there are all cool ways to tie Magician into the greater scheme of the title and it would be a crime on Kirkman's part not to make him a more relevant character. Maybe he's Onslaught or Proteus, hell, he could be tied to the Phoenix :)-))... I don't really care either way but his character could be a good way to tie some loose ends up here.

I just hope that Cable is not tied to Magician in any way. It's weird of me to think that but I keep getting this weird feeling that they're somehow going to be connected.

Here's a general question to all on this thread.

Should Cable kick start an Apocalypse story arc?

And maybe more importantly.

Will Cable kick start an Apocalypse story arc?

To me...

Should? Yes, but Apocalypse should stay behind the scenes longer. Make him a hidden threat to the team/world.

Will it? No. Not if Singer's still going to do his arc that he's been billed for doing since the New Mutants arc!

Latest posts

Back