New Earth (DC Post-Crisis) Timeline

Where does everything that was released between Crisis on Infinite Earths and Year One take place?
Crisis on infinite earths Is weird.... Cos there are some parts set on new earth during 2001... Anyway, the majority of the superheroes debuted during Batman's year One. Superman Is the only notable Hero Who debuted in 1988 the year before year One. So the other heroes' stories happens during that time.

The picture was made After the Crisis happened.... So it's very outdated.

I was asking because this page https://www.comicbooktreasury.com/batman-reading-order-the-modern-age/ says that after Year One the main Batman comics story picks up 10 years later. However, I don't know the accuracy of that statement.
And also there is a timeline in the final issue of Zero Hour that seems to tells that, at least after Zero Hour, Year One is "10 Years Ago"
View attachment 1796

View attachment 1797
beyond the aftermath of the crisis there was a weird interregnum phase between continuities, a wonder woman mini directly addresses this

post-crisis generally started the same as the new 52, it continued within the new present but instead of year zero events fleshing out the new history there were titles like legend of the dark knight. try the batman chronology project

this might help but it has flaws due to its bat focus. tried to use it as a skeleton for a dc order once and you can tell whoever made it never read the green lantern issues with how out of place they are
Here Mr. @Jozaca (thanks Mr. @ScottishRyzo ).

I do wanna mention the "Vertigo Universe" is technically on New Earth but via Hypertime.

Hypertime is essentially a version of DC history from an earlier "timeline" period - for example: the pre-Crisis events of Supergirl that didn't occur on Earth-Prime or the erased/heavily-altered timelines of the Vixen and Freedom Fighters animated films set in the Arrowverse.

Stuff like Doom Patrol, Sandman, etc. all of those events are canon to New Earth but told in their own way unique to a niche timeline that might been altered at some point via a Crisis event (ex. Zero Hour) or a character time traveling.

I do wanna mention the "Vertigo Universe" is technically on New Earth but via Hypertime.

Hypertime is essentially a version of DC history from an earlier "timeline" period - for example: the pre-Crisis events of Supergirl that didn't occur on Earth-Prime or the erased/heavily-altered timelines of the Vixen and Freedom Fighters animated films set in the Arrowverse.

Stuff like Doom Patrol, Sandman, etc. all of those events are canon to New Earth but told in their own way unique to a niche timeline that might been altered at some point via a Crisis event (ex. Zero Hour) or a character time traveling.
pretty sure vertigo was straight up new earth canon until zero hour and became it's own imprint

pretty sure vertigo was straight up new earth canon until zero hour and became it's own imprint
Kinda what I'm referring to since those timelines are altered but still 'relevant'. Even in later timelines.

The versions we see in THOSE particular comics are from an earlier timeline where they were 100% canon.

Nope. The story changed... With the retcon of infinite Crisis, the story Will ALWAYS be set in 1989... And flash point in 2011.
So, what you are showing is the sliding timeline as of 2011, that is not going to slide more since that is were it ends, right?

J'ai vraiment aimé votre message. Je suis allé faire quelques recherches. Pourquoi nous n'avons pas de chronologie sur l'univers et autres.

Attachments

• main-qimg-f3e5072119dd58bf57583b872bf4017a.jpeg
    main-qimg-f3e5072119dd58bf57583b872bf4017a.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back