Mystique and Kurt, Polaris and Magneto

Should their relations carry over?

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
Great, but that's not what I asked. Do you see a need for them to be related in the Ultimate Universe? Or is it just because they're related in 616 that you think it'd be cool to see it happen.

*coughcough cough*

.... ok, that wasn't as subtle as i wanted:innocent:
That does answer the question....in another way, if you look at it. It has nothing to do that they are related in 616. Like I said, I liked the relationship they had there, and can be made in a better way in the UU. So I would say yes than (duh).

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's nice E.Vi.L make fun of the fact that I'm missing three of my fingers on my left hand and type slower than you. :cry: Real ****in' cool jackass! :x

:lol:

---

Guijllons said:
No relations, Ryho is right, it's too soap opera-ish.

Who is Ryho? No such poster in this thread so I'm guessing it's one of the voices in your head. Are you agreeing with yourself? ;)

---

Similarity in the powers of two characters is not cause by blood kinship. It's caused by limited imagination. Eh.

Seriously, Magneto already has dysfuntcionals relationships with his known children. From a dramatic perspective, what purpose would be served by adding one more?

Last edited:
I see no reason for them to be related in the UU, because it was simply a sales pull shock issue tactic whatever to do it in the 616. It's cheap, it's silly, it's over. We've been through it all already, and it all culminated in a massive 'so what' from fans.

While it could be better written in the UU, we still have the same old orphan child stories, which are frankly tedious.

I wouldn't mind a subtle mention of Magneto's and Polaris's relationship. I would love to see something like Xavier rolling out of the shadows as Magneto escapes while carrying Polaris out of the Triskellion. Xavier looks at Polaris and says to Magneto, "So, is this what you meant when you said you would always do right by her?" Magneto then says, "I remember a time when you swore same for David." Magneto then flies away with her in his arms.

MaxwellSmart said:
I wouldn't mind a subtle mention of Magneto's and Polaris's relationship. I would love to see something like Xavier rolling out of the shadows as Magneto escapes while carrying Polaris out of the Triskellion. Xavier looks at Polaris and says to Magneto, "So, is this what you meant when you said you would always do right by her?" Magneto then says, "I remember a time when you swore same for David." Magneto then flies away with her in his arms.
Ooooooooo! That's goooood! :D

Guijllons said:
Tony is Kurt's half-brother?

&^#@%$^&!!!! I hope Claremont doesn't read this board.

By the way, everything Guij said here is dead-on.

UltimateE said:
&^#@%$^&!!!! I hope Claremont doesn't read this board.

By the way, everything Guij said here is dead-on.
Even Claremont isn't stupid to pull a Card. Now Austen, that's another story. :wink:

Well, yes, originally Mystique and Nightcrawler were put to gether because they both have blue skin. But now can't we just put them together just because it worked in the old universe? Yes, I'm a girl, and we suck in drama like a magent sucks up stray metal pieces in a metal shop, but it made for an intersting story how Kurt was a 'good' guy and Raven was not. A son trying to redeem his mother, it's kinda sweet. Who cares that they have blue skin.

As for the genetic of the thing, we've sen some mutatnts, Polaris, Cable, Nightcrawler (blue skin) take on their parents attributes. Others we have not, Pietro, Wanda, Nightcrawler (teleport/morph). It works like regular genetics, ya know? You may have a trait that has never been seen in your family before, and you may look like everyone else, I mean, technically both kinds of cases work, and even if it isn't excat, it is only comic book science.

UltimateScarletWitch said:
As for the genetic of the thing, we've sen some mutatnts, Polaris, Cable, Nightcrawler (blue skin) take on their parents attributes. Others we have not, Pietro, Wanda, Nightcrawler (teleport/morph). It works like regular genetics, ya know? You may have a trait that has never been seen in your family before, and you may look like everyone else, I mean, technically both kinds of cases work, and even if it isn't excat, it is only comic book science.

You seem pretty interested in genetics.

:roll:

Well, yes, originally Mystique and Nightcrawler were put to gether because they both have blue skin. But now can't we just put them together just because it worked in the old universe? Yes, I'm a girl, and we suck in drama like a magent sucks up stray metal pieces in a metal shop, but it made for an intersting story how Kurt was a 'good' guy and Raven was not. A son trying to redeem his mother, it's kinda sweet. Who cares that they have blue skin.

No!! You are very smart indeed. But I'm not talkin about brown hair and blue eyes. We're talking about mutant powers. It doesn't make sense for one person to have magnetic powers and the other to have probability. It's not even in the same ballpark as hair color and eye color. ALthough you could use it to argue with Mystique and Kurt. But again I say, BLUE SKIN IS NOT THE SAME AS BLUE FUR!!!

The problem is that the different powers across all mutants are so varied that two that share symmetry is absolutely going to happen, relation or nay.

Mutants didn't evolve, they didn't become where they are through trial and error of nature. These powers just sprang up out of nowhere. There is no need for any of them to have any similarity to other members of their families, because it's the fact that they are mutants is what gets passed on, not the type of ability, which in itself, did not evolve.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
The problem is that the different powers across all mutants are so varied that two that share symmetry is absolutely going to happen, relation or nay.

Mutants didn't evolve, they didn't become where they are through trial and error of nature. These powers just sprang up out of nowhere. There is no need for any of them to have any similarity to other members of their families, because it's the fact that they are mutants is what gets passed on, not the type of ability, which in itself, did not evolve.
*Takes a puff of his pipe and scratches his chin. He ponders* Yes, I concur.

Guijllons said:

How intellectual of you.

Now back to the point, how would you guys feel if they revealed that Magneto is Lorna's father, but only reveal it to the readers or one person like Xavier.

MaxwellSmart said:
How intellectual of you.

Now back to the point, how would you guys feel if they revealed that Magneto is Lorna's father, but only reveal it to the readers or one person like Xavier.
No, because it's arse. silly soap opera ****e.

Guijllons said:
No, because it's arse. silly soap opera ****e.
What he said. I can deal with no Polaris and Mags relationship.

I can also deal with no Mystique and Kurt, but I'd still like to see it. Will I kill myself if they aren't? No.

UltimateE said:
Mystique and Kurt - absolutely not, under any circumstances.

Polaris and Magneto - I would prefer for them not to, but I wouldn't have a problem if they did.
Seconded.

TheManWithoutFear said:
No!! You are very smart indeed. But I'm not talkin about brown hair and blue eyes. We're talking about mutant powers. It doesn't make sense for one person to have magnetic powers and the other to have probability. It's not even in the same ballpark as hair color and eye color. ALthough you could use it to argue with Mystique and Kurt. But again I say, BLUE SKIN IS NOT THE SAME AS BLUE FUR!!!

Actually silly, your hair is just dead skin, so yeah, blue skin and blue hair work. And besides, does Nightcrawler even have fur any more? It looks to me like it's just skin now.

Actually silly, your hair is just dead skin, so yeah, blue skin and blue hair work. And besides, does Nightcrawler even have fur any more? It looks to me like it's just skin now.

I thought hair was dead protein cells? Isnt dead skin the stuff that peels off when you get a sunburn? Thats not the same as hair, as far as I know.

Latest posts

Back