Avengers Mighty Avengers Series Discussion **SPOILERS**

I just found in a long box at my LCS Superman Adventures #57 by Slott. I was superb. I love that guy.
Me too. You can talk to him for hours on end about everything comics. That's what almost happened back in WWPhilly '06 if we weren't kicked out the room so DC could set up for their panel.

I tried the first issue of Slott's arc and it was pretty dull. I'll just stick to New Avengers, I guess.

I tried the first issue of Slott's arc and it was pretty dull. I'll just stick to New Avengers, I guess.

I didn't think it was dull - quite the opposite actually - I just didn't really care about what was happening.

I didn't think it was dull - quite the opposite actually - I just didn't really care about what was happening.

One of these is true for me. I took it off my pull list. I just couldn't be bothered. Nothing in the book held my interest. I think what is really good about Bendis' Avengers is that it's never really a team. The team changes every 2-3 story arcs, but even those arcs are all tied together. It feels more like a team-up book then anything thing. "Hey Spidey, we got a lead on that ninja thing, want to come finish the job? We're meeting at Strange's place" "Oh yeah, I'll be right over."
Avenger's seems to work best this way... Maybe Slott needs more time, but he will get it from me in the trade.

Spoilers for issue #23...

You've been warned...

Avengers: Secret of the Scarlet Witch

With the shocking unveiling at the end of MIGHTY AVENGERS #23, writer Dan Slott may soon be known as the trickster of the Marvel Universe.

The end of Slott and artist Khoi Pham's opening arc on the title revealed that the Scarlet Witch responsible for bringing these new Avengers together actually answers to another name: Loki. The goddess known for her lying ways and connection to the original Avengers keeps her crown of lies intact, but what does that mean for the series going forward?

"Loki makes this team even 'Avengery-er,'" laughs Slott. "Once again, Loki has put together the Mighty Avengers, but this time she's going to keep a tighter lock on them. And whether they know it or not, they'll be doing things that she wants. Everyone has been saying 'This is Hank Pym's Avengers,' but this is Loki's Avengers."

Complicating matters further comes the fact that Loki currently sits on Norman Osborn's sinister Cabal, the group calling the shots on the biggest players in the Marvel Universe, and two power-hungry leaders on one shadowy cabinet can't be good for Osborn's long-term stability.

I like it... though it reminds me of what Bass and others thought Disassembled should have been - Loki manipulating Hulk into killing the Avengers.

We need a Wolverine, Thor and ninjas.

Latest posts

Back