Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

Few minor updates. Will be doing some major updates in the next couple weeks, once I get a chance to sit down and watch the Thor DVD and break it up into chapters. Also, going to be adjusting the placement of Incredible Hulk to overlay its events as occurring around the same time as Iron Man 2 and Thor (to make sense of the scene at the end of Iron Man 2 where the events of the Hulk fight at the university are shown). The Consultant short helps to kind of make more sense of the timeline there.

On the Captain America bluray there is going to be another Coulson short, this time he is on his way to Thor's hammer after the end of Iron Man 2.

Yup, I've got it tentatively placed right at the end of Iron Man 2, beginning of Thor.

And while I'm a bit pissed I have to buy a Blu-Ray player to fulfill my completist mentality, I have to give it to Marvel Studios and their marketing department. The Marvel One-Shot short films starring Coulson was a very smart idea (filming these shorts on a limited budget--lets be honest, they can't cost much--but forcing people to buy the Blu-Ray to see them...very smart).

They aren't available on itunes? They should use these films as commercials, not as a way to make money. They should be used to generate buzz and introduce characters that they think might have the ability to be the lead of a show or film. After they have 5 or so shorts, then collect them and sell that. Do like Pixar and DC animation, have shorts before their films.

Updated with the Thor DVD chapters. Still need to do some re-arranging for the ordering of the overlapping DVD Chapters for Iron Man 2, Thor, and Incredible Hulk, just to make sure the chronology is accurate. Also need to do some adjustements related to The Consultant short in relation to the final scene in Incredible Hulk (with Stark and Ross at the bar).

for those of us too cheap/not obsessed with completion enough to buy the bluray, here's the Consultant short.

[video=youtube;Jbx1k9gj5Xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbx1k9gj5Xk[/video]

Last edited:
for those of us too cheap/not obsessed with completion enough to buy the bluray, here's the Consultant short.

[video=youtube;Jbx1k9gj5Xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbx1k9gj5Xk[/video]

Heh...I'm surprised Marvel hasn't forced them to take that down due to copyright issues.

EDIT: Nevermind, they did take it down. However, it can still be seen over on Twitvid:

Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant

Last edited:
yeah, i didn't expect it would last very long. But I got to see it, so I'm happy.
It certainly isn't worth buying the BluRay/DVD combo pack over though (in my mind at least, to each his own DiB). If I was going to buy the BluRay anyway it would make a nice little extra, but I'm glad I didn't spend extra money just for that.

EDIT: it's not down, the embedding is just disabled (for now).

Last edited:
yeah, i didn't expect it would last very long. But I got to see it, so I'm happy.
It certainly isn't worth buying the BluRay/DVD combo pack over though (in my mind at least, to each his own DiB). If I was going to buy the BluRay anyway it would make a nice little extra, but I'm glad I didn't spend extra money just for that.

A large part of me agrees with you. I've been putting off getting a Blu-Ray player for years now, sticking with DVDs for two reasons: DVD quality is more than good enough in my opinion in terms of visuals, and the price of Blu-Rays (usually between $25-30 or more) is about twice the price (on average) of DVDs.

However, I've noticed a continuing trend of less and less special features on DVDs, most being reserved for Blu-Ray or some sort of Ultimate Edition DVD (Lord of the Rings - Extended Editions, Watchmen - Complete Story Edition, etc).

But, as said, my completist tendencies are prompting me to want that short, meaning I have to buy the Blu-Ray. Same with Captain America DVD (unless they release the next One-Shot on the DVD as well, but I doubt that).

DVDs are slowly being phased out. When DVDs first came out, I held back and stuck with VHS (mainly because my already huge movie collection at the time was all VHS), but around 10-12 years ago VHS pretty much stopped coming out altogether. I expect the same to happen to DVDs within the next few years. I figure I may as well jump on the Blu-Ray bandwagon now, even if a part of me is under protest. ;)

EDIT: it's not down, the embedding is just disabled (for now).

Really? I even went to the link before and it said it was down due to a Marvel / Disney copyright. Weird.

A large part of me agrees with you. I've been putting off getting a Blu-Ray player for years now, sticking with DVDs for two reasons: DVD quality is more than good enough in my opinion in terms of visuals, and the price of Blu-Rays (usually between $25-30 or more) is about twice the price (on average) of DVDs.
Yes. To all of that.

However, I've noticed a continuing trend of less and less special features on DVDs, most being reserved for Blu-Ray or some sort of Ultimate Edition DVD (Lord of the Rings - Extended Editions, Watchmen - Complete Story Edition, etc).
Which is super annoying. Seriously.

DVDs are slowly being phased out. When DVDs first came out, I held back and stuck with VHS (mainly because my already huge movie collection at the time was all VHS), but around 10-12 years ago VHS pretty much stopped coming out altogether. I expect the same to happen to DVDs within the next few years. I figure I may as well jump on the Blu-Ray bandwagon now, even if a part of me is under protest. ;)
I think they're trying hard to make the shift totally over to Blu-Ray, but there are still a lot of people who buy DVDs. I really feel like Blu-Rays are naturally a niche market and the studios (or whoever) is trying to force consumers to make the switch. You can see the strategies, Blu-Ray DVD combo packs, not putting almost any special features on DVDs, etc. But as you said, the picture quality isn't different enough to justify spending that much more money. If and when the shift comes and DVDs are no longer made, I'll by a Blu-Ray player, but I won't re buy my DVDs on Blu-Ray, and I'll stick with DVDs until then. And then several years later, when the main market is in downloads and streams instead of physical copies, we'll do this all over again.

Really? I even went to the link before and it said it was down due to a Marvel / Disney copyright. Weird.
Yeah, it's still there on youtube.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back