Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Someone spotted something in The Punisher S2 which relates to the timeline. https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/d/p/3300297438920754001 May 2018? Hm. I'm not entirely convinced but... yeah. Prop dates can be useful.

It's absolutely not May 2018. That conflicts with the "months" claim from the start of the season.

"So, Episode 7 features a calendar which while a little hard to make out .... The month begins on a Tuesday and features holidays on the 13th and 28th"

Here's said Calendar.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0d56875a1049b96dc37925887c0d06e2/tumblr_plr6shHcuZ1u7vukeo1_1280.png

But August 2017 does begin on a Tuesday and has 31 days. https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2017&country=1

And the red outlined areas match up too.

Not only that:

"Continuing on with The Punisher, and in Episode 9 we get a quick glimpse of a phone saying it's Wednesday the 13"

September 2017 has a Wednesday the 13th.

So if we take into account the mention of it being "months" (but also "a year")
since Russo was hospitalized
, August to September 2017 seems just about right for The Punisher season two.

Last edited:
Yeah. Looking at the "proof" for May 2018, it's not really all that much. 100% convinced thats out of the picture. Forgot about that months/year reference. *shrugs*

Last edited:
So about the songs and artist alter egos, we can pretend they were created way after they originally were, as in after the heroes were discovered. Pretty much just like Method Man's Luke Cage song.

Now what about the Most Wanted pilot, is that out there? And if so, does it/ can it fit in the timeline?

Nope. Never released.

I'd imagine that Johnny Blaze isn't so open about his... head. I guess it could be him just being a popular daredevil (not that one).

Last edited:
Update: Frank was watching OLD Russian hockey matches. It wasn't anything that helps this timeline.

tumblr_pljy54szG71u7vukeo1_1280.png

I did extensive research based on the logos and uniforms from each year in RHL Hockey. This match here was between Lokomotive Yaroslavl and Dinamo Minsk in September 18, 2015.
Source - https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-11868500-yaroslavl-russia---september-18-2015-khl

So we can take the whole thing with the hockey match on Frank's TV thing out of the equation. The calendar in Episode 7 and the "Wednesday the 13th" date in Episode 9 matter the most.

Last edited:
Prob gonna need to check the minimum amount of days it could take place on because of Luke Cage overlap. What about the Karen Page episode though?

Modern setting
August
The Punisher 2x01-2x0? (Presumably before the late luke cage episodes)
Luke Cage 2x01-2x09

September
Luke Cage 2x10-2x13
The Punisher 2x07-2x13

At least 2x07-2x13 are in September.

Last edited:
Here's a better look at that Calendar in Episode 7:

tumblr_plsmzs7JtK1u7vukeo1_1280.png

The month is completely erased from the calendar...Interesting.

EDIT: Immediately after that shot (
when Russo and his gang storm the storage room
), there's boxes in the background that say "2018". But that's the "Destroy Date" on Business Source storage boxes, so Season 2 is definitely not in 2018. It HAS to be in August-September 2017.

Last edited:
I'm sure we've had instances of dates not lining up with the right real life days before but I can't think of a specific instance off the top of my head

I can't find the "Wednesday the 13th" anywhere in Episode 9 anyways...I'm not sure what scene that MCU Wiki user got that form.

Last edited:
Yeah. It's just a mistake when they don't. Theres evidence for -3, -2, -1, 1, 2, 3 days off real life but theres more evidence for 0. The dates in the MCU are pretty much spot on with real life. It's just some occasional mistakes and that sucks but what ya gonna do? If it comes to that, then we work around it.

Last edited:
According to the guy on the Wiki, there was a calendar app that read "Wed 13" on the phone Frank picks out of the dead guy's pocket. That was the "Wednesday the 13th", but the "Wed" was really blurry...so, it's the 13th mainly.

No matter what anyone says, I still say this has to do with Disney wanting none of their content on Netflix. Personally, I'd rather have them on a service/ channel/ whatever where they can interact with the Avengers. I'm hoping they continue on Disney Plus (or Hulu) same cast and all, PG 13 is just fine with me.

I wonder if there's any chance of the Inhumans story to continue on Agents of SHIELD, much like Agent Carter did.

Last edited:
I would love for the Inhuman royal family to return, honestly. Even for just a small cameo. At least Lockjaw. He's true royalty.

I think it's more about Netflix not wanting to support a rival service, since they got cancelled after the Disney+ announcement and it was Netflix's choice. Honestly, i think it's more like Disney advertising Netflix more than it is Disney betraying Netflix.

Last edited:
I would say Thanos still accomplished his mission in that timeline. He would have just rolled up on Vision floating amongst earth rubble. Maybe he sparred the survivors on Earth since WAY more than half of them just died.

Probably correct. I guess in addition to Earth getting blown up, some people turned to dust too lol. Perhaps in the chaos, no one really noticed. Or since there was no way to explain what happened, it was just forgotten.

Latest posts

Back