Kirkman to unveil Ultimate Shi'ar?

I think the Shi'ar can be brought into the comics if done right. Say if like an amnesiatic teen who happens to be Shi'ar(which could be one of the 11 species of aliens living on Earth), is wandering around NYC and starts displaying a sort of alien power that gets the attention of the people and a few X-Men that are around. They bring him/her back to help to try and find his or her roots, but discover that there is something much different about them.

Or we can do the whole Dark Phoenix thing again, I don't care.

Lynx said:
But aliens? Come on, now. We can't simply accept it because it is. Otherwise we'll wind up with Ultimate Age of Apocalypse a few years down the road.

That's the road I don't want to see them start down. The Ultimate line is supposed to FIX things like this.

Lynx said:
Just because the Shi'ar had history with the 616 X-men does not mean they need to be brought over to the Ultimate Universe. Especially not as aliens. Hey, we may be overreacting, but it seriously sounds like Kirkman is introducing the Shi'ar as aliens from outer space. If they had a cameo (Like The Brood as Danger Room holograms), or if Kirkman had some revoulionary way to Ultimaitize them, like a mutant sub-breed, fine.

But aliens? Come on, now. We can't simply accept it because it is. Otherwise we'll wind up with Ultimate Age of Apocalypse a few years down the road.

Again, you don't know they'll be mutants, we're all just assuming that. Most likely they will be, but no guarantee yet. And even though aliens might not fit the "tone" of the Ultimate X-Men, it could still work beautifully. After all, as has been mentioned, there are 12-13 different alien races living on Earth. Why is it so terrible for one of those races to be the Shi'ar. And considering the 616 history of the X-Men and the Shi'ar, I think its appropriate for them to be brought into this title. Wait to see how the issue turns out, and then we can all give it a fair judgement.

icemastertron said:
Yeah, you have one big problem with aliens. They're not that bad in these stories. Like I said, as long as they're written good, there's nothing that's that bad.

No, I have a problem with aliens in X-men. Just because they have history with the X-men doesn't mean we need to see them in the Ultimate Universe. Next you'll tell me that Belasco will be fine when he's introduced into the Ultimate Universe through X-men.

icemastertron said:
You don't want to accept it? That's on you. You don't have to like it. No one does. But the Shi'ar have a big history with the X-Men. The Brood? Not so much. They're not going to be ignored. And just because the Shi'ar are coming, and saying that "you have to accept it" (again, not exactly what I was saying), doesn't mean we'll get Ultimate Age of Apocalypse. That's something that's different.

No, it's the beginning of a road to very poor concepts. The Shi'ar are one of those things that never should have happened, not that it was a good concept gone wrong. I liked the Chitauri. I liked the Kree. Becuase they fit the tone of their respective books.

Aliens mixing with the X-men means there's a chance we'll see X-men in space. The X-men are not the Fantastic Four. They are a mutant peace-keeping task force, they do not belong with aliens. Jut because there's 13 alien species on Earth doesn't mean that the X-men have to run into one. Spider-man hasn't. Should he as well? Because he did in 616.

And just out of curiosity, how are parallel universes and aliens "something different"? They're both hardcore sci-fi. Leave that to the Fantastic Four. Or even the Ultimates.

-EDIT-

Ok, Ice and DiB. I've given it a lot of thought. While I'm still opposed to the Shi'ar, I'm a big fan of Kirkman's. I love Walking Dead, I love Invincible. Hell, I love Battle Pope. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see what he does.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Again, you don't know they'll be mutants, we're all just assuming that. Most likely they will be, but no guarantee yet. And even though aliens might not fit the "tone" of the Ultimate X-Men, it could still work beautifully. After all, as has been mentioned, there are 12-13 different alien races living on Earth. Why is it so terrible for one of those races to be the Shi'ar. And considering the 616 history of the X-Men and the Shi'ar, I think its appropriate for them to be brought into this title. Wait to see how the issue turns out, and then we can all give it a fair judgement.
Thank you!

*hugs and kisses*

Lynx said:
Aliens mixing with the X-men means there's a chance we'll see X-men in space. The X-men are not the Fantastic Four. They are a mutant peace-keeping task force, they do not belong with aliens. Jut because there's 13 alien species on Earth doesn't mean that the X-men have to run into one. Spider-man hasn't. Should he as well? Because he did in 616.
Should the X-Men run into one? Well, I'd say it all depends. So the X-Men aren't the FF means they shouldn't run into aliens? Wrong. So by your standards, the FF shouldn't run into mutants? And because the X-Men are a mutant peace keeping task force, aliens should never show? Wrong again. The point of X-Men are about misunderstood people that are hated and feared. Are aliens not the same? Guess what, they are. And so what if X-Men go into space? I don't see nothing wrong. Saying something shouldn't be done because it's not the tone of the book, is a bit of bollocks. What's wrong with going outside the square, as long as it's still keeping part of what's inside?

Lynx said:
And just out of curiosity, how are parallel universes and aliens "something different"? They're both hardcore sci-fi. Leave that to the Fantastic Four. Or even the Ultimates.
I didn't go general like you just did there. I was being specific with Shi'ar and AoA. They're two different things. Because the Shi'ar will show up does not mean we're going to get AoA in the Ultimate Universe.

Lynx said:
Ok, Ice and DiB. I've given it a lot of thought. While I'm still opposed to the Shi'ar, I'm a big fan of Kirkman's. I love Walking Dead, I love Invincible. Hell, I love Battle Pope. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see what he does.
It's honestly what you should have done, and always do. It's ok to be not a fan of an idea, but really, you're judging too early and too much on something we don't even know how it's going to go down.

The difference is you and I are on different wavelengths, Ice. You're basically using arguments that I get all the time from my friends who are big 616 fans. I'm not saying that the X-men should run into aliens, I'm saying that they shouldn't become their best buddies and have the X-men as their liasons. I don't want aliens in the X-men book because it's about how MUTANTS are misunderstod, not how aliens are misunderstood. Just like I wouldn't want the Fantastic Four to be fighting Apocalypse or Magneto. That's what the X-men or the Ultimates are for.

By your logic, all four books would all have similiar themes, just with different people. I was so happy when I found out Venom wasn't a symbiote from space. That concept was so horrible, especially for Spider-man. Because Spider-man should never go into space and he shouldn't be dealing with cosmic threats. Aliens included. I don't want the Ultimate Universe to just be a younger 616-verse. I want them to make changes that better fit with the themes of the books.

Anyways, I'm just rambling on for the sake of rambling now. But don't expect me to sit back and take it if the Shi'ar do make an appearance as aliens in Ultimate X-men.

But the Shi'ar are also a rogue gallery of the X-Men. It's dumb to think that because the X-Men "shouldn't deal with aliens" that you feel they should never show up. And I don't expect anyone to sit back. I'll repeat myself again: You don't have to like it. No one does. No one likes everything. No one expects you to, either.

This all doesn't have anything to do with "my logic". It's just how it is. You're whining (seriously, it's there) and complaining that no alien should show up because its a book about mutants. I see that as serious bs. It's understandable if you have mixed, or not good feelings if you didn't/don't like how they're done in 616, but you haven't even seen them or anything here. To repeat someone else, the Ultimate Universe is here to fix and make things better (though of course, not everyone is going to agree with how that's done). Kirkman can bring up a better way to do them, and I think he will just because what he said he feels about how stories should be written in the Ultimate Universe.

icemastertron said:
But the Shi'ar are also a rogue gallery of the X-Men. It's dumb to think that because the X-Men "shouldn't deal with aliens" that you feel they should never show up. And I don't expect anyone to sit back. I'll repeat myself again: You don't have to like it. No one does. No one likes everything. No one expects you to, either.

This all doesn't have anything to do with "my logic". It's just how it is. You're whining (seriously, it's there) and complaining that no alien should show up because its a book about mutants. I see that as serious bs. It's understandable if you have mixed, or not good feelings if you didn't/don't like how they're done in 616, but you haven't even seen them or anything here. To repeat someone else, the Ultimate Universe is here to fix and make things better (though of course, not everyone is going to agree with how that's done). Kirkman can bring up a better way to do them, and I think he will just because what he said he feels about how stories should be written in the Ultimate Universe.

Well, then we simply have different opinions on the subject. I feel they shouldn't be in the X-men, you do. Neither of us is going to convince the other at this point. So, let us simply agree to disagree.

icemastertron said:

They might be a "rogue gallery" of the X-Men, but they are not in Ultimate X-Men, and that's what Lynx is saying. He doesn't want them in the book. Saying "you don't have to like it" goes both ways; he's just saying he doesn't want to see them. You (or anyone else) don't have to like that.

UltimateE said:
They might be a "rogue gallery" of the X-Men, but they are not in Ultimate X-Men, and that's what Lynx is saying. He doesn't want them in the book. Saying "you don't have to like it" goes both ways; he's just saying he doesn't want to see them. You (or anyone else) don't have to like that.
I know it goes both ways. I don't have a problem with his opinion, but I'm just trying to explain something else. I'm not one who's complaining. I said earlier that I don't mind if they're in or not. But they ARE going to be. I know they don't have to be in it. Never said that they "should be in".

Don't misread me.

Last edited:
I got what Ice was trying to say and I'm on his wavelength.

I apologize if I came off harsh, Lynx, but you do seem to be as hard-headed about not wanting the Shi'ar around as I am about being indifferent to their presence as long as they're handled properly.

Nas-T! said:
I got what Ice was trying to say and I'm on his wavelength.

I apologize if I came off harsh, Lynx, but you do seem to be as hard-headed about not wanting the Shi'ar around as I am about being indifferent to their presence as long as they're handled properly.

Nah, it's ok. I'm very hard-headed when it comes to things I don't like.

The Shi'ar happen to be one of them. Not as bad as say. . .Time Traveling Mutants, but they're up there.

Dr.Strangefate said:
If she is really an alien... I think it might be interesting to use her as more of an Ambassador character... That would allow for a new spin on Lillandra, and also allow the book to keep it's political feel (and give Xavier back his position of influence over the American Government)

Best idea I've heard in the thread. Perhaps that is what Lily's trying to do in the first place...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Think they'll deal with Phoenix?
I reckon Kirkman will pull a fast one on everyone and just use Lilandra the way Millar used Thor in The Ultimates vol.1 and toy with Phoenix as something that Lilandra may know about and describe, but never assure us of what it is.

Okay...I'm just blabbing randomly here.:oops:

I actually like that idea. The whole mystery edge to Lilandra could really turn doubtful fans towards her. I don't mind her either way, but it could help to keep her around.

The shiar would be great to have in the story all except that would have to lead into a big long arc about them and all the stuff with bishop, cable and alternate universes and **** like that. Ultimate Xmen, along with the other titles are supposed to be set in universes where you dont need any prior knowledge of the other universes for you to enjoy it. and for a change, x-men is based on discrimination and how people in minioritys deal with the oppresion of the majority, not ****ing aliens! id say lilandra will end up being from the brotherhood or shield or some government orginization with implanted memorys to make her come off to xavier as an alien, and using her to infiltrate xavier and the mansion, and use her to try and control xavier to a degree. because they have tried enough to stop or kill xavier and the xmen, now maybe they are changing their tactics?
its just a thought!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The shiar would be great to have in the story all except that would have to lead into a big long arc about them and all the stuff with bishop, cable and alternate universes and **** like that. Ultimate Xmen, along with the other titles are supposed to be set in universes where you dont need any prior knowledge of the other universes for you to enjoy it. and for a change, x-men is based on discrimination and how people in minioritys deal with the oppresion of the majority, not ****ing aliens! id say lilandra will end up being from the brotherhood or shield or some government orginization with implanted memorys to make her come off to xavier as an alien, and using her to infiltrate xavier and the mansion, and use her to try and control xavier to a degree. because they have tried enough to stop or kill xavier and the xmen, now maybe they are changing their tactics?**its just a thought!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*That doesn't mean it has to happen here. And it probably won't.

**That's actually a pretty interesting idea. I don't know about the brotherhood since they're not decent. But possibly SHIELD. The big problem is actually setting it up. I mean would Lilandra be a telepathic mutant? How did SHIELD get a hold of her? Is SHIELD powerful enough to force a telepath to do things like that?

Latest posts

Back