Jeph Loeb talks Ultimates 3

Ultimate Houde said:
Doubt it

I'll go check D's timeline
Well, UFF and UXM are around or after Ultimates 2 issue #4 because Black Widow had her Iron Maiden armor in UXM #64/65. UFF had the Ultimates in their costumes from Ultimates 2 #1 in issue #21. Spidey is around the same time as UXM, so that puts them all somewhere in the first arc of Ultimates 2.

There ya go. And I didnt even have to check the timeline.

Last edited:
Ice said:
Well, UFF and UXM are around or after Ultimates 2 issue #4 because Black Widow had her Iron Maiden armor in UXM #64/65. UFF had the Ultimates in their costumes from Ultimates 2 #1 in issue #21. Spidey is around the same time as UXM, so that puts them all somewhere in the first arc of Ultimates 2.

There ya go. And I didnt even have to check the timeline.

Word.

Check this pic. from Ultimates 3 #?.

mad.jpg

HELLO PEOPLE! Ultimate Black Panther, Venom, and Wasp here! Come on! I give you people gold and you just sit there gawking at it, like Houde in front of a hot chick!

http://www.ultimatemarvel.net/article-735--wwc06--ultimate-panel---ww-chicago-06.html

Last edited:
the watcher said:
HELLO PEOPLE! Ultimate Black Panther, Venom, and Wasp here! Come on! I give you people gold and you just sit there gawking at it, like Houde in front of a hot chick!

Maybe if it hadn't been posted like twice before you did it.....

If that really is Venom, I just lost a ton of faith in this book.

E said:
If that really is Venom, I just lost a ton of faith in this book.

Are you irked by his size or the fact that it takes the Ultimates to take down someone Spidey was able to do on his own?

Mine is size......

Well, he was huge in the USM game, so I assume the artist is just reflecting that. Perfect Venom was about twice little ol Petey's size.

Victor Von Doom said:
Are you irked by his size or the fact that it takes the Ultimates to take down someone Spidey was able to do on his own?

Mine is size......

Not really the size, because it's a cover. Covers always have kooky thngs like that.

It's the fact that he's even on the cover at all.

Ummm...E, a movie is coming out, a movie with...uh...Venom. What did you think Marvel would do? Hide him under a rug and hope some movie-goer randomly looks through it for Venom?

Ultxon said:
Ummm...E, a movie is coming out, a movie with...uh...Venom. What did you think Marvel would do? Hide him under a rug and hope some movie-goer randomly looks through it for Venom?

I would think that since it's in a SPIDER-MAN movie, that they might bring him back in SPIDER-MAN books and have SPIDER-MAN deal with him.

In other words, not the Ultimates. SPIDER-MAN.

E said:
I would think that since it's in a SPIDER-MAN movie, that they might bring him back in SPIDER-MAN books and have SPIDER-MAN deal with him.

That's true. When they're plugging characters for movies, they do it for the series of the same movie. So when Spider-Man 3 comes out, they'll plug stuff with the Spider-Man books.

But whether or not they're using him to plug, I don't care. It's good to see other characters appear in other books sometimes, regardless where they 'should be'. As long as they're not misused or just throwaway (i.e. Omega Red, Deadpool), it's no harm no foul.

Originally posted by E:

Good point. I don't recall Doc Ock appearing in titles outside Spidey[ though he was in a whopping 6 titles.] It'd be something to find out if Venom was a editorial mandate or not.

Latest posts

Back