Heroes: Reborn Miniseries

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
This deserves it's own thread, I guess…

Heroes: Reborn

NBC is planning to resurrect its superhero-themed series "Heroes" for a special 2015 miniseries event. Thirteen new episodes will be produced with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring at the helm, it was announced today by NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke.

I'm not watching unless Jeph Loeb is involved.

Is that due to loyalty to him? Or do you think the reason the show wen downhill was because he got fired?

I remember hoping it would get better after he left, but it just stayed not good.

I just mostly don't care about this.

Is that due to loyalty to him? Or do you think the reason the show wen downhill was because he got fired?

I remember hoping it would get better after he left, but it just stayed not good.

I just mostly don't care about this.

It was a joke because he worked on the show and was part of Marvel's Heroes Reborn, but he was on the show when it was good (season 1-2) and then the writer's strike happened and NBC wanted it to be more serialized and then they fired the producers.

Last edited:
It was a joke,
ah! I get it. :lol:

but he was on the show when it was good (season 1-2) and then the writer's strike happened and NBC wanted it to be more serialized and then they fired the producers.

Season 2 wasn't bad, but it never really recaptured the coolness of the first season, in my opinion.

Honestly though, he probably did a good job on Heroes. I think by that point I was just so fed up with his comics that I was ready to blame everything bad in all super-hero related media on him.

I'm pretty sure he played Batman in Batman and Robin.

I stopped watching after Jeph Loeb was off. I keep being told to finish the show since I "got that far" but I'm good.

I'm pretty sure he played Batman in Batman and Robin.

...I like that movie more than the Nolan films...

Last edited:
haha, the site went down for me for a few minutes right after I posted that. I expected it to come back with my post gone.

I thought I was on to something! :)

WOW.

I'm not up in arms over this. I have to think that they will analyze and understand what went wrong the first time around and take the steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. I know NBC makes a lot of really terrible decisions but given the success of this genre I have to think they're going to at least try and get it right.

You've got to be kidding me.

Batman & Robin was an abomination. Besides the extremely cheesy dialogue and horrible acting, Gotham City has never, at any point in the comics, been portrayed as a Las Vegas inspired, neon-bedazzled place with giant statues. Not once. Every aspect of that movie was a failure: the script, the direction, the acting, the production and design... everything.

And the Bat-skates in the suits was moronic.

"Chill out!"

Ugh. I get angry even thinking about it.

Whereas Nolan's films, were thematically brilliant in just about every way possible. Great storylines centered around relevant themes, great acting, scripts, and Gotham actually looked like Gotham should.

I'm beginning to think you have the worst taste in films and comics. That or you're just messing with us all in a brilliant joke.

I have severe mixed feelings about this. On one hand, season 4 was a comeback from the bipolar sloppiness that was season 3 and it ended on a global cliffhanger. Then again, it could go back to the bipolar sloppiness that was season 3.

It would be nice if Claire was not to included in this. She got dreadfully annoying after season 1.

I have severe mixed feelings about this. On one hand, season 4 was a comeback from the bipolar sloppiness that was season 3 and it ended on a global cliffhanger. Then again, it could go back to the bipolar sloppiness that was season 3. It would be nice if Claire was not to included in this. She got dreadfully annoying after season 1.

Given that it's a limited series and they've got at least a year lead time to own scripts and set an overall arc for the return, I think it'll turn out decent. Also I have a feeling some of the main cast will return, but we'll have to wait and see. I never even watched season 4 (or the last half of season 3), and I barely remember season 2, so I suppose I'll have to sit down and rewatch it all (and some for the first time) before it comes out next year.

You guys should watch True Detective instead.

Latest posts

Back