Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Movie Discussion *Spoilers*

I liked that movie a lot.

I guess all movies are good, but the target audience age keep increasing.

I had to be dragged to the first movie and didn't like it much. Too much of a kid movie. Second was better and I genuinely liked the third one. This one was great.

TheManWithoutFear said:
And only getting hotter.
snoopsmh.gif

I'm going to see this Weds. I only hope that they have depicted Voldemort as I imagined him. I always pictured him having a snake-like quality to him, almost effeminate. We'll see... I really doubt they'd do that to him here.

Just saw this last night....easily my favorite one since the first. But here's a few gripes....

Could Ron and Harry have been any more
gayflag.gif
for each other?!?!?! When they had that fight after the goblet ceremony Ron just rolled over in bed-----and right then I was sure Harry was gonna get under the covers and spoon Ron while saying "Aww....don't be like that...."

Started to run long at the end.......maybe because we caught the late show so we wouldn't have to deal with any kids......but towards the end we were like "WRAP.IT.UP!!!!"

Why do none of these kids have any common sense?!?!?!?! Seriously Harry.....come on!!! How many times do you almost have to die before you realize that maybe Hogwarts and being a wizard ain't exactly conducive to your health. Year One you almost die from some evil wizard hellbent on your death....you're 10 years old---you don't need that kinda drama!!! Year 2 you almost die again from same evil wizard and his giant snake. That should be clue #2. Year 3 you almost get your face sucked off and eaten by a werewolf and a hungry *** furry book. Have you noticed a pattern forming??? And now in Year 4 you were almost killed by a dragon and the same evil wizard who's been after you all your life. Next year-----stay your *** at home and get home schooled!!!!!

Ultimate Houde said:
....I did love Cho's accent

OMG----asian with a hint o Irish accent?!?!?!?! She might be a minor....but I'm in love. Wait----can I say that over the internet????? :?

I'm expecting the FBI to be enroute to my location.........mmmmmm........about now. :lol:

Victor Von Doom said:
Next year-----stay your *** at home and get home schooled!!!!!

I was laughing my *** out on that one, and now I've done it for like 30 mins :lol:

The kids can't act worth a damn the only redeeming quality was Voldemort.

Planet-man said:
You're in luck: They did!:D (at least I thought so).

Awesome... When I post come Weds. I let you know what I thought. I trust you, though. Does he have hair, by the way? I imagined him having hair like George Carlin...

Goodwill said:
Awesome... When I post come Weds. I let you know what I thought. I trust you, though. Does he have hair, by the way? I imagined him having hair like George Carlin...
Bald.

Well, I can live with that, I gues... It's probably how Rowling intended it, anyway. Would they really defy the author of the book?

Victor Von Doom said:
Could Ron and Harry have been any more
gayflag.gif
for each other?!?!?! When they had that fight after the goblet ceremony Ron just rolled over in bed-----and right then I was sure Harry was gonna get under the covers and spoon Ron while saying "Aww....don't be like that...."

o_O *twitch*

Um... What the ****?? How is -arguing- gay? and right now I'm just pissed off at the flag thing. That's just infantile, and flat out insulting.

If anything was mildly homoerotic it was Cedric asking Harry to take a bath to pay him back for letting him know about the dragons...

Anyways...

The biggest problem was how condensed it was, I doubt someone who hadn't read the books could follow the film.

The Good Stuff:
Ron finally showed he could act...
Ralph Fiennes pulled out a fantastic Voldemort...
The Yule Ball stuff was right on, as well as the whole deal between Ron and Harry (no matter how gay VVD says it it)...
Rita Skeeter... perfect, I wanted more of her...
And the Twins are actually spot-on for once in terms of quirkiness and characterization, presumably to increase their role, so their escape in the next movie can actually have some impact...

In all, a highly enjoyable representation of the book, but by no means a decently constructed movie that could stand on its own.

Goodwill said:
Well, I can live with that, I gues... It's probably how Rowling intended it, anyway. Would they really defy the author of the book?

And Ralph Fiennes talked to Rowling a lot about the portrayal of Voldemort... So i'm guessing he's spot on.

Dr.Strangefate said:
o_O *twitch*

Um... What the ****?? How is -arguing- gay? and right now I'm just pissed off at the flag thing. That's just infantile, and flat out insulting.

Ooooh Doom you tread in dangerous waters...

Doc, I agree and flat out just hate it when people think anytype of male/male tension constitutes as gay. I think I see and example of some idiot fan of any show, movie, book always come out and say that looked homoerotic to me. I really don't get people.

I didn't know Ralph Fiennes was Voldemort. I'm looking forward to his performance more than seeing the thing.

Planet-man said:
You're in luck: They did!:D (at least I thought so).

Voldemort looks a lot like Satan in the Passion of the Christ only a little less than girly and without a nose.

Oh and I'm a little pissed at Victor for that comment since I just had a recent "male to male tension" and I'm straight.

Last edited:
cmdrjanjalani said:
Voldemort looks a lot like Satan in the Passion of the Christ only a little less than girly and without a nose.

Oh and I'm a little pissed at Victor for that comment since I just had a recent "male to male tension" and I'm straight.
**** I forgot about that Satan. Now I won't sleep tonight again. But that sounds good.

One of my favourite things about this movie was that it's the only one in the series where Fred and George actually have real roles and act how they do in the book. I would've liked some talk about Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, though.

So....what was your favourite scene(s) in the movie?

Mine were:
The sight and sound of Cedric's corpse hitting the ground, immeadiately followed by cheers and laughter, which slowly disapate as people realize Harry is crying and Cedric is dead.

Also, Harry vs the Dragon on the roof of the castle.

Latest posts

Back