Fantastic Homoeroticism or "D/F"

I think this thread is too mature for me. No offense, but when ever I think about Reed and Doom together, I uncontrollably giggle for 2 hours. Uh-oh, here I go again hehehehhe....

compound said:
I don't know about you, but where I come from, that seems like a definite indication of a superiority complex. :wink:
hehe, point taken, but I see it as more of a professional disregard rather than a conscious slight against Van Damme's character. The difference is minimal, and I do acknowledge that.

Caduceus said:
It isn't difficult for actually a huge number of characters if you think about it.
Like, Captain America and pretty much anyone... except Janet. In fact, Cap really has barely said a word to widow that I recall. I wonder if he's put off by her 'sassiness' for wont of a better word.

He only thinks it's dumb because he's scared someone is going to bring up Daredevil's tight fitting around the butt cheeks leather costume with party horns.:)

Guijllons said:
He only thinks it's dumb because he's scared someone is going to bring up Daredevil's tight fitting around the butt cheeks leather costume with party horns.:)

:lol:

That was funny.

Well honestly, I don't buy into lame homoerotic interpretations either, but I just think they're funny. And the absence of it in comics fandom is just well, surprising considering how prevalent it is in Japanese fandom.

Well, I personally see a very obvious reason:
Different mediums, different fan-groups. Let me explain, please. I know a few people, who would like too read about Reed's and Victor's messed up love live. Those people generally don't want to read about costumes, testosteron-filled vigilantes, super-hero names, and so on. There might be a few people who might be interested in both, but I consider them a definite minority.
That's my experience, at least.

I'd better add that Superhero comics and Manga both don't originate from my culture, both are similarily exotic, so it is natural for see both of them on an equal level. It's not like one is part of my culture and the other one leaking in lately. This might give me a different point of view from most Americans.

Guijllons said:
I totally LOLed for that one. Now THAT was funny.

Man, with all those leather fetish wearing nutcases in the Daredevil movie, I have to say it was totally gaytastic.

I am amazed on what you can find when you're not specific enough with the Search function.

Wow....I'll come back to this when I'm not so buzzed.

[SELF-CENTERED]Ha, this was from like two weeks after I joined.

I sounded so stupid back then.[/SELF-CENTERED]

I remember originally deciding that I wasn't going to post in this thread, because no one was taking it seriously, and i was all grumpy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back