Comics Continuum previews 4 pages of Ultimate Extinction #1

thee great one said:
Here is the same preview pages but this time with words....

Ultimate Extinction #1
Awesome TGO!

Wow this is getting interesting. I like the pyschic attack Galactus uses before he actually attacks. It makes Gah Lak Tus look more vulnerable. And the fact that they referred to those bugs as Gah Lak Tus' bullets makes me think that there is something/someone behind them afterall. So I'm thinkin Xavier somehow disables the pyschic attack leaving Earth ready to fight against it. My question is what does the virus look like? Or how is it distributed? I wasn't a fan of Sue's dialogue with Danvers. Like how the hell would she know they're romantically involved at all? And it just seemed forced to show they did have something going.

Last edited:
I just want to know why Captain Danvers has brown hair all of a sudden...

Re: Comics Continuum previews 3 pages of Ultimate Extinction #1

Bass said:
I can't wait for the end.

Nick Fury: OMG! There is no way to stop Gah Lak Tus now!
Gah Lak Tus: I will now devour the planet of Krypton!
Reed: ... um... what?
Gah Lak Tus: This is Krypton, no?
Wolverine: No.
Captain America: Krypton is that way.
Gah Lak Tus: Oh. Oh, I see. Well... er... sorry about all this.
Thor: Don't worry about it.
Gah Lak Tus: Um... look, I have a kind of 'all-powerful, can't be stopped' mystique going on and I was wondering...
Mahr-Vehl: If we pretend this never happened?
Gah Lak Tus: Could you?
Vision: Sure.
Gah Lak Tus: Okay, thanks. You people are really nice. I'm glad I didn't do anything to your planet.
Cyclops: No problem. Enjoy Krypton.
Gah Lak Tus: I will - unless it's been destroyed and some scientist sent his only son here!
Everyone: AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

CREDITS

:lol:

Awwwww, nuts!!!

Fuzz Birds said:
Fuzzy Birds Guess those pages confirm that this all takes place before Ultimates 2, considering

SPOILER!
Fury sporting two whole arms.

Looks nice anyway.

Yup. Quite true. But we all pretty much assumed so anyway, so no big surprise. It is finally nice to have a firm answer though.

UltimateE said:
I'd be willing to bet that Fury comes out of Ults 2 with 2 arms fully intact. So hold that thought.

Ehhh, I don't know. I do think he'll get some type of cybernetic, technologically off the scale prosthetic, courtesy of Reed, Sam, or some other genius, but it will probably be noticeably non-human.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Why not? SHIELD just built themselves an army of supermen. Would a little regeneration based on Wolverine's abilities or cybernetic, yet realistic replacement be too hard?

Also, me thinks that Extinction most likely be taking place before at least Grand Theft America. Otherwise Ellis could cause continuity problems or spoil Millar's book.

Exactly.

thee great one said:
I loved the exchange between Sue and Carol.

Me too.

"Alien boyfriend"...priceless. Though a bit rushed and without reason as far as I can tell.

SPOILERS:
Apparently Gah Lak Tus is one hundred thousand miles across, according to Reed. And apparently the competing gravities of both the planet and Big G will be causing some havok before Gah Lak Tus even touches down.

And also interesting, it says it most likely won't be a swarm of alien insects like we thought. The big 616-like Galactus helmet looking things are in fact virus deployment units big enough for one to cover a large portion of New York state, New Jersey, and Connecticut, and which basically release a flesh-eating disease. We're not shown the page this is discussed on, as I assume Marvel wanted to leave some surprises for us, and pics of even Reed's interpretation seem to count.

Finally, after driving people crazy with its psychic attacks and dissolving their flesh with the virus it carries, Gah Lak Tus then cracks open the Earth's crust and suck out the thermal energy. Quite a coup de tat if you ask me.

Good. In my secret fanfic, I was going to have the helmets as ships, that possibly deploy swarms of bugs.

And Bass, you forgot at the end that they all eat cake.

Nope. When Gah Lak Tus discovers Krypton is dead and he goes to Earth to kill it to get rid of Kal-El, they give him cake to appease him.

Bass said:
Nope. When Gah Lak Tus discovers Krypton is dead and he goes to Earth to kill it to get rid of Kal-El, they give him cake to appease him.

Is that in the sequel trilogy?

DIrishB said:
Ehhh, I don't know. I do think he'll get some type of cybernetic, technologically off the scale prosthetic, courtesy of Reed, Sam, or some other genius, but it will probably be noticeably non-human.

Yeah - I didn't mean to imply I thought it would definitely be completely organic.

DIrishB said:
SPOILERS:
Apparently Gah Lak Tus is one hundred thousand miles across, according to Reed. And apparently the competing gravities of both the planet and Big G will be causing some havok before Gah Lak Tus even touches down.

And also interesting, it says it most likely won't be a swarm of alien insects like we thought. The big 616-like Galactus helmet looking things are in fact virus deployment units big enough for one to cover a large portion of New York state, New Jersey, and Connecticut, and which basically release a flesh-eating disease. We're not shown the page this is discussed on, as I assume Marvel wanted to leave some surprises for us, and pics of even Reed's interpretation seem to count.

Finally, after driving people crazy with its psychic attacks and dissolving their flesh with the virus it carries, Gah Lak Tus then cracks open the Earth's crust and suck out the thermal energy. Quite a coup de tat if you ask me.

That just might be the coolest thing I've ever heard of.

UltimateE said:
Yeah - I didn't mean to imply I thought it would definitely be completely organic.

Gotcha.

That just might be the coolest thing I've ever heard of.

Seriously, I was a bit unimpressed with the alien bug swarm idea, but this revelation makes me think Gah Lak Tus will totally kick some ***...flesh eating disease!! HAHA!!! Bass should rip-off that idea for his fan fic...that'd rule!

Bass said:
Plus, he can like, cut guns in half with his mind!

Damn...I can only do that with my samurai sword.

Goodwill said:
Agreed. I'm definitely looking forward to this a bit more.

... because it involves Superman?

No, because it involves a very original take on Galactus. I underestimated Ellis' ability to turn this story around.

Goodwill said:
No, because it involves a very original take on Galactus. I underestimated Ellis' ability to turn this story around.
You know that it looked like you were talking about Fantastic Four/Superman, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, how in the hell are these guys going to save the world... It's not a question of whether or not they will, it's always how. How?

Latest posts

Back