Best comics artist

Who's the best comic book artist right now?

• Frank Quietly (DC) All Star Superman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
moonmaster said:
For saying that Dell'Otto is better than Ross. That's just ridiculous. Dell'Otto is pretty good but he's absolutely nothing next to Ross.

WORD. Dell'Otto's art is like a combination between Ross and Dave McKean, with a bit more edge to his style, but put one of his Spidey pictures next to one of Ross's, and he looks like a high school art student.

moonmaster said:
For saying that Dell'Otto is better than Ross.
Because he is.

moonmaster said:
That's just ridiculous.
No, not really.

moonmaster said:
Dell'Otto is pretty good but he's absolutely nothing next to Ross.
Dell'Otto is damn great and he's absolutely nothing next to Ross because he's so much greater, there's no way you can compare them.

Dell'Otto>Ross. Simple as that.

Last edited:
My pick was Jim Lee. But I think my real favorite is Chris Bachalo. But I think some of his most recent work may have been a little over the top. He's still my favorite artist though. I like Alex Ross, but, well, now I don't know why I didn't pick him. Maybe because I still love Jim from those XMEN days. Ah, Good times.

I picked Hitch, but McNiven and Finch are close contenders. Not really familiar with the DC artists.

Outside the big two, I'm really fond of Mike Mignola's artwork, as well as Ryan Ottley on Invincible.

thee great one said:
Turner.

And he had nothing to do with Infinite Crisis fool.

Sorry, I meant Identity Crisis.
Stupid DC and their similar names of titles.

Mine is still JH Williams III.

Who is yours?

I'm still kinda partial to George Perez. And Gary Frank really impressed me on Action.

I liked Hitch better on Ultimates than FF.

And I also gotta chime in on Ryan Ottley.

Last edited:
I'm still kinda partial to George Perez. And Gary Frank really impressed me on Action.

I never cared for Perez and I thought Supreme Power was great in spite of Frank - not that he's bad, I just don't really like that style. I wish I could pinpoint what it was about it that I don't like (because they are both kind of similar) but I can't....I think a lot of it is in the faces they draw.

I can't choose one.

Skotti Young, Stejic , John Cassandy, Jae Lee, JH Williams III, Oliver Copiel, Michael Lark, Marc Silversti, and Kubert brothers are some of my favorites.

Latest posts

Back