Wizard announces Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira on Ultimates 3

I think what Guij and E mean to say is that Ultimates is the flagship series is the one that sets the tone of the world that the UU is set in. Even if it hardly references the other titles, it is still establishing what the universe is all about.

True, MWOF is correct in saying that Ultimates CAN take place in its own universe, but the fact that it can be easily isolated from the rest of the continuum doesn't mean that it is NOT the flagship series.

As it is, if one chooses to view the term 'flagship' as something conceived in marketing terms, then Ultimates can still be the flagship title: It is the title that can be be read blind without knowing what's going elsewhere while still giving you an idea as to what the universe is.

It's the jumping on point, so to speak --- not in terms of events (as someone who's reading say Ultimates 2 # 4 will still be slightly confused) but in terms of the themes and ideas guiding this imprint.

I am pretty much convinced that the Ultimate Universe will be screwed in three years.

Ourchair made this post in 2005.

Three years later - Loeb is taking over the Ultimate universe with ULTIMATUM.

Ourchair's a ****ing magic 8-ball.

It's cuz he's Asian.

Stupid I Ching.

Ourchair made this post in 2005.

Three years later - Loeb is taking over the Ultimate universe with ULTIMATUM.

Ourchair's a ****ing magic 8-ball.
It's funny you say that, because 8 is like a lucky number for teh Chinese and Chinese-Filipinos.

Can't say being right feels good, though. I have no Marvel Comics to read!

This thread is both very amusing and quite sad.

loeb on any book is worth reading.

HA!

Ultimate Power?
Ultimate Hulk Annual?
Ultimatum?
Anything Loeb has done since coming over to Marvel?

Someone cue the Spock "Illogical" pic.

That's the problem though, It seems Loeb and MAD have a lot of fanboys between them that will buy anything because of the name. Apparently regards of how well it's produced.

This has turned out to be very very very very very very true.

I have faith in Marvel that they won't keep him on for too long if he's not delivering a good story. And Loeb fanboys are enough to keep a book on the rack, not enough too keep it in #1 if its not good.

Marvel wants to keep its top selling book top selling. They won't screw around.

Where is your God now?

I had a gamut of emotional reactions to this. Luckily, I was able to capture them on my emoticam.

pict002217bg.jpg
pict002117ua.jpg

pict00346fc.jpg

pict00261zx.jpg
pict00319au.jpg

I knew it. I ****ing knew it.

As much as I like Joe Mad's skills, I propose a toast.

To **** writing and more delays!

*clinky*

pict001715ct.jpg

Yep.

I am pretty much convinced that the Ultimate Universe will be screwed in three years.

How prophetic....

Latest posts

Back