Stephen King discussion

So, Roland or no Roland? I'd be less worried about Oy returning... But since he is, I can rest assured that Roland will too since they belong to the same Ka-tet.

It's between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla... So assumedly it would have the whole Ka-Tet.

"Dr. Sleep" will be the title to the sequel of the Shining. Once SK is done with that, he'll begin writing the other DT.

I do want to read his "Under the Dome" though. It sounds like it's very good.

"Dr. Sleep" will be the title to the sequel of the Shining. Once SK is done with that, he'll begin writing the other DT.

I do want to read his "Under the Dome" though. It sounds like it's very good.

Ooo rock on. After reading 'Under the Dome', i've become really excited about King's work again.

Ooo rock on. After reading 'Under the Dome', i've become really excited about King's work again.

When I read what that book was about, I really got interested... Looked it up and now I definitely want to read it. It seems like he's returning to his form... Apparently, the idea for Under the Dome came from two books he tried to write, even before The Stand. The first chapter of Under the Dome actually came from those original two ideas, but the rest is all original content.

And the information that they gave about Dr. Sleep actually sounds pretty cool too. Danny (from the Shining) is an orderly now, at 40 years old. He uses his special ability to help the elderly patients come to terms with dying, sort of like the idea behind "The Angel of Death".

Skotti, do you know if Under the Dome is in paperback yet? And just looked it up... It won't be available in paperback until July.

Last edited:
Under the Dome was pretty great. My one problem is that the good guys are clearly the good guys and the bad guys extra-clearly the bad guys. Definitely could have benefited from some shades of gray. Hope the rumors about an HBO miniseries are true, but hopefully as more of a single season tv show, than actually condensing it down to a handful of episodes.

My dad got me Under The Dome as a gift last week. I have a bunch of stuff already lined up to read so probably won't get to it until later in the year but am looking forward to it. I haven't checked the page count but from the size of it it's longer than any novel I've read yet.

I still need to finish Under the Dome. I'm at a lull in the story which seems to happen in every King book I've read. I know that if I persevere and finish I will like it though.

My main problem with it is similar to DSF's - the characters are all white and black. The good guys are good and the bad guys are bad before the Dome is in place. And that's just boring.

Found this while poking around King's site, it's nice to see that he marked the towns you don't want to visit with green dots.

map_of_maine.jpg

Recently finished reading "IT", and absolutely adored it, although I am absolutely a sucker for stories with sentimental portrayals of childhood that don't skimp on the ****ty things about being a kid. There's a particular scene towards the end that was a little gratuitous and kind of took me out of it for a second, but with rumors that a Hard-R adaptation of this is on the way written by a guy who has spent years trying to make this movie... I have high hopes.

Trying to consider what to tackle next, although I think I might dwell among the other horror writers for a bit before I return to Mr. King.

You know what is nuts about IT... the connectivity with the Dark Tower. Not to spoil for anyone who hasn't read either, but there are major connections there.

Latest posts

Back