The Podcast Thread

Lithium

Been meaning to start this thread for a while. Anyway, what podcasts does everyone listen to/take part in? Personally, I don't take part in any (yet... I've been wanting to get involved but the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet) but I listen to a ton. Some of my personal favorites are:

IGN's Podcast Beyond (playstation based, and the only video game related podcast I listen to regularly)

If I Were You (An 'advice' podcast by Jake and Amir of College Humor)

The Nerdist

Various NPR podcasts including Pop Culture Happy Hour, Wait Wait..., All Songs Considered, and Ask Me Another

I am always on the lookout for new ones though so if anyone has any recommendations please post them here.

Every time I find something I think I might like I end up forgetting about it and falling behind. I guess I never found anything I care for enough to make an effort to keep up on.

One's I loosely follow:

A Couple of Cold Ones Korey and Leon from Spill.com It's really funny. They break down the week's Top 5 movies and dabble in each other's lives.

Let's Do This! Korey and Co-Host 3000. It's a bit more on the vulgar side and they talk about whatever crazy stories were in the news, politics(sorta) and basically just laughing their asses off.

Joe Rogan Experience Overall funny. It kinda covers all topics. Sometimes it'll just be mma, or all about how he tripped balls on DMT.

I used to listen to Smodcast all the time, but after 50 episodes, Kevin Smith can only recycle his tales of youth so many times.

And if I can plug myself for a moment, I do a couple podcasts with my brother and bff, Straight Outta Austin and Save File Corrupted?!

In SOA we do a week in review on movie, games and tv as well as interviewing local actors, directors, bands artists. We actually had Ice on a couple weeks ago, as he's a contributor.

ON SFC, we cover all things games, general updates on new and existing titles, expand our opinions on controversial news and breakdown games we've recently been playing.

Along with Ice contributing, Johnny Freeze did the art for our logos and he's currently working on more.

Latest posts

Back