Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Lucian

Spoilers ahead!

I've just finished watching the Green Lantern Animated series (2011), and I have mixed feelings about it. The animation was decent (not spectacular, but it was ok for its time), and the first part of the journey seemed pretty captivating, with some episodes being more entertaining than others, but then the ending seemed rushed and poorly written.

The characters of Aya and Razer did not feel relatable at all. Their "love story" was so clumsily written that I genuinely could not tell how Razer got from "I don't love this android, I'm just confused because she physically resembles my dead wife" to "Aya is the love of my life and I would give my life for her".

The death of Ghia'ta was completely unnecessary, and her "love" for Hal Jordan was literally absurd. She saw him once and spent a few hours in his company and she's madly in love with him? Come on!
Overall, the show seems like an unpolished gem.

The writers could have done so much more with it instead of focusing on the long space battles which were just a display of lights of various colors going in random directions. It was fun for, like, half an episode, but it got old really fast. :eek:

What did you think about this tv show?

Spoilers ahead!

I've just finished watching the Green Lantern Animated series (2011), and I have mixed feelings about it. The animation was decent (not spectacular, but it was ok for its time), and the first part of the journey seemed pretty captivating, with some episodes being more entertaining than others, but then the ending seemed rushed and poorly written.

The characters of Aya and Razer did not feel relatable at all. Their "love story" was so clumsily written that I genuinely could not tell how Razer got from "I don't love this android, I'm just confused because she physically resembles my dead wife" to "Aya is the love of my life and I would give my life for her".

The death of Ghia'ta was completely unnecessary, and her "love" for Hal Jordan was literally absurd. She saw him once and spent a few hours in his company and she's madly in love with him? Come on!
Overall, the show seems like an unpolished gem.

The writers could have done so much more with it instead of focusing on the long space battles which were just a display of lights of various colors going in random directions. It was fun for, like, half an episode, but it got old really fast. :eek:

What did you think about this tv show?
Never saw the show, but DC characters were never created to be relatable. If you want relatable superheroes, there is Marvel for that. For the rest i can't Say anything. But i saw online that a lot of people agree with u.

Latest posts

Back