DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

Now the confusing part, because Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series are different universes and now we're seeing another connected storyline.
My headcanon, since GL:TAS technically is 'canon' to Justice League Action as well; maybe had something to do with Klarion's "Earth-17" incident mentioned in YJ season 4. Like he split Earths somehow, I dunno.

(Yes we saw the Atomic Knights on Earth-17 in Crisis: Part 2 just recently...ehh that could be the future or years after JL:A.)

While I'm talking about it...

FUCK. CANON. ADJACENT. YOUNG JUSTICE.

I like my media to be clean. It is either canon or it is not. Don't continue to implement narratives if you don't consider it to be "all-in". It's just annoying, confusing and very messy.
It is a Greg Weisman thing. Apparently at some point an Atlantis: The Lost Empire series was in development and he wrote an episode that was going to be canon to Gargoyles. NOT making Gargoyles and Atlantis the same universe, but that the episode was canon to Gargoyles and Atlantis simultaneously but the rest of the Atlantis series was only canon to Atlantis and the Gargoyles series was only canon to Gargoyles. The series was canceled (and the 3 episodes already made recicled as Atlantis 2) so it saved us another canon-adjacent dilema.

It is a Greg Weisman thing. Apparently at some point an Atlantis: The Lost Empire series was in development and he wrote an episode that was going to be canon to Gargoyles. NOT making Gargoyles and Atlantis the same universe, but that the episode was canon to Gargoyles and Atlantis simultaneously but the rest of the Atlantis series was only canon to Atlantis and the Gargoyles series was only canon to Gargoyles. The series was canceled (and the 3 episodes already made recicled as Atlantis 2) so it saved us another canon-adjacent dilema.
That's just stupid.

Latest posts

Back