Are the DC Super Hero Girls web shorts still considered canon to the DC Animated Multiverse?

Unlike the variants of Batman '89 / Superman '78 and Batman '66 / Wonder Woman '77 that co-exist in two multiverses based on media format....we don't know for sure about DC Superhero Girls.

My hypothesis is that the Lauren Faust version that people know is from the animated multiverse, while the more generic version prior to that one (which debuted in DC Super Hero Girls #1 (July 2016) first) is the comic multiverse variant.

Okay so Dark Crisis sites the generic version as "Earth-96", so the other one that looks more cartoony is part of the animated Multiverse.

If I remember correctly, there was a comic where the 2016 Superhero Girls could see the new ones through a portal, so I assumed they were in the same multiverse.

If I remember correctly, there was a comic where the 2016 Superhero Girls could see the new ones through a portal, so I assumed they were in the same multiverse.
DC Multiverses are tangentially connected via a Megaverse, and with Marvel's in a close proximity, in a 5th dimensional bubble.
While Marvel works on completely different/independent multiverse logic, Mr Mxyzptlk traveled to all aforementioned. These Omniversal barriers CAN be broken through, as even the Image Multiverse is near that proximity a la Invincible meeting Spider-Man.

Look at it the multiverses as cells within this 5th dimension amoeba and the surrounding Omniverse and "The Source" (aka the Sixth Dimension) as the Petri dish.

According to this article in DC Wiki https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Multiverse/List_of_Universes
on "Notable Earths not yet numbered"
the 2015 web series of shorts "DC Super Hero Girls" is "similar and parallel to Earth 96, with the slight difference that the heroes attend a superhero exclusive school with no problem by hiding their identities" so
-Earth-?? (Unknown Multiverse) - DC Super Hero Girls (Web Series)
-Earth-96 (Current Comic Multiverse) - DC Super Hero Girls (TV Series)
Now, I am not sure if the comics that selfishmisery mentions are the original web series universe or a third version of the universe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back