The End of the Ultimate Universe

So I've read up through issue 4 now.

I can't remember if it was Bendis or someone else at Marvel, but they said it was Manhattan Island from both universes that was in Ultimate The End. The Battleworld map even says 616 and 1610.

But there are clearly differences. Ultimate Captain America is alive in Ultimate End, for one.
Is this your first Bendis comic?
Right, I understand. Bendis throws crap at the wall to see what sticks. If it was just a tie-in miniseries, I could just roll my eyes and say, "Oh Bendis." But this is supposed to be the finale for the Ultimate Universe, and it makes NO SENSE for that.

He should have written a Last Days comic about how the rift (which was previously established in Spider-Men) started acting weird when the incursion between the two worlds happened. How reality got screwed up and the New Yorks started to merge. Then he could have written a Battle Zones comic about the merged reality, where certain elements of 616 coexist with certain elements of 1610. That would have at least set up the new continuity.

This though... ugh.

But there are clearly differences. Ultimate Captain America is alive in Ultimate End, for one.
There's a lot of things that are confusing, one of the frustrating things about the series. Like how Cyclops is there in the new 616 costume and Peter Parker Spider-Man even though they shouldn't be since they were on the life raft. Bendis said #5 is supposed to answer everything so we'll see...

He should have written a Last Days comic about how the rift (which was previously established in Spider-Men) started acting weird when the incursion between the two worlds happened. How reality got screwed up and the New Yorks started to merge. Then he could have written a Battle Zones comic about the merged reality, where certain elements of 616 coexist with certain elements of 1610. That would have at least set up the new continuity.

This though... ugh.
Get out of here with your logic! Who wants to make sense around here? Pffft.

Last edited:
There's a lot of things that are confusing, one of the frustrating things about the series. Like how Cyclops is there in the new 616 costume and Peter Parker Spider-Man even though they shouldn't be since they were on the life raft. Bendis said #5 is supposed to answer everything so we'll see...

Issue #5 is just going to be a big splash page of Ben punching the dinosaur.

Right, I understand. Bendis throws crap at the wall to see what sticks.

You're giving him too much credit. He has a long history of writing stories that don't have an ending and don't have a point. Most of the rest are just bad.

He even does it in his GOOD books. Alias and Daredevil had some of the same problems.

Bendis throws crap at the wall to see what sticks.

You're giving him too much credit.

That's basically been your motto about Bendis. So did you give him too much credit, too? :wink: :p

That's why I said it.

And E's right, Bendis does this all the time, but I just thought that he would try a little harder on this. If I was given the privilege of wrapping up the story of the universe that I basically pioneered, I would try to do something that at least was coherent.

Just remember, there was a time where Bendis was a great writer.

usm128.jpg

I've never had a comic make me so angry before. If it weren't for Star Wars I'd swear off Marvel entirely so instead I'm swearing off Bendis. What a ****ing waste of a universe. Can't wait for it to be back in decade written by Bendis like David and 2099. Just absolute garbage.

I've never had a comic make me so angry before. If it weren't for Star Wars I'd swear off Marvel entirely so instead I'm swearing off Bendis. What a ****ing waste of a universe. Can't wait for it to be back in decade written by Bendis like David and 2099. Just absolute garbage.

Seriously. What a lame, pointless, atrocious ending. "Absolute garbage" is the most appropriate descriptive phrase that can be applied.

I saw that they
brought back Miles's mom
- is that was terrible? I didn't read it and have no intentions.

I saw that they
brought back Miles's mom
- is that was terrible? I didn't read it and have no intentions.
She's
magically back with no explanation- "surprise, surprise." We'll see if that's brought up in
Spider-Man
, but chances are... not likely.

I just realized I have to buy this in trade to complete my Ultimate collection.

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

Latest posts

Back