Ultimate X (Loeb/Adams)

Evil reed was cool but it was another "and now for something completely different" moment, although the fact that now apparently future evil sue came back to tell him to do evil things and he decided not to bother telling anyone makes no sense.

Ultimate xs characters never really had a chance in the great run of things. They arrived just in time for the universe to be spoilt.

The universe had begun to spoil long before them, let's be real. They came on the tail-end of Loeb's tenure, an era that many felt (and that many still feel) resulted in some if the absolute worst comic book storytelling of the decade. While there may be the odd person like Wyokid who genuinely enjoys his stuff, Ultimates 3 and (especially) Ultimatum really soured a lot of people on the entire Ultimate universe.

But Ultimate X-men, a book that never really found its voice to begin with, had already declined long before Loeb's stuff. Some might even say that its quality works are the exception, rather than the rule, and I'd be hard-pressed to disagree.

Every single character was an unlikable murdering *******, Jeph Loeb made it fun at least and then in New Ultimates they were actually likable.

You're going to have to explain this because it makes zero sense to me.

The universe had begun to spoil long before them, let's be real. They came on the tail-end of Loeb's tenure, an era that many felt (and that many still feel) resulted in some if the absolute worst comic book storytelling of the decade. While there may be the odd person like Wyokid who genuinely enjoys his stuff, Ultimates 3 and (especially) Ultimatum really soured a lot of people on the entire Ultimate universe. But Ultimate X-men, a book that never really found its voice to begin with, had already declined long before Loeb's stuff. Some might even say that its quality works are the exception, rather than the rule, and I'd be hard-pressed to disagree.

You're going to have to explain this because it makes zero sense to me.

I'm slightly curious to find out what wyo's thoughts on the Ultimate Hulk annual are.

Best 21 pages of comic in the entire world...to wipe my bum with.​

Lol I'm sure your rear deserves better than that garbage.

This thread has turned into pure gold.

OHMYGODILOVETHEULTIMATEHULKANNUALSOMUCH!!!!! It may have ended up pointless in the end (really wish those McGuinness pages ended up where they were originally, they clearly had plans for Zarda (hopefully if the SP universe comes back Zarda will be pregnant, that'd be awesome!)), but it's so damn funny and I can never read it without getting a hug grin. I'm going to go read it again now. You guys got me in the mood for it.

OHMYGODILOVETHEULTIMATEHULKANNUALSOMUCH!!!!! It may have ended up pointless in the end (really wish those McGuinness pages ended up where they were originally, they clearly had plans for Zarda (hopefully if the SP universe comes back Zarda will be pregnant, that'd be awesome!)), but it's so damn funny and I can never read it without getting a hug grin. I'm going to go read it again now. You guys got me in the mood for it.

I'm beginning to think you have the literary tastes of Beavis & Butthead.

;)

Just stay away from me when you have your hug grin. I told you, I don't like you like that.

tumblr_mc10ogNFGA1r58wor.gif

You are fascinating, and I am completely sincere about that.

Latest posts

Back