Avengers Infinity (Discussion/news)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I guess we didn't have a thread for this yet? Thought there was...

Anyways, Marvel released a couple days ago a movie-like poster for Infinity teasing the event. It'll be six parts, starting in August. Jonathan Hickman will be at the helm with Jim Cheung, Jerome Opena, and Dustin Weaver as the artists.

Also don't forget the FCBD issue coming out tomorrow that preludes into this.

943771_10151608932141469_1447856281_n.jpg

Captain america is human. How can he breathe in space? that seems like power ranger logic right there!

Captain america is human. How can he breathe in space? that seems like power ranger logic right there!

Dr. Strange casts a spell...?

I'm not down on it. I loves me some Hickman.

Also, Thanos and Black Bolt don't have bodies and their heads are ginormous!

WTF, Marvel! I REFUSE to read your stories if you're making it so Cap can breathe in space and Black Bolt is a disembodied, planet-sized head!

Last edited:
I feel like I already have to reread his Avengers and New Avengers runs and Infinity hasn't even started yet.

That's a pretty useful chart, actually. I wish there was something official like that in place for, say, Grant Morrison's Batman.

I feel like I already have to reread his Avengers and New Avengers runs and Infinity hasn't even started yet.

Well, it's not like they're bad books.

That's a pretty useful chart, actually. I wish there was something official like that in place for, say, Grant Morrison's Batman.

When I read his stuff up through The Return of Bruce Wayne, I found a timeline and annotated notes for each issue online. I would have been totally lost without those!

When I read his stuff up through The Return of Bruce Wayne, I found a timeline and annotated notes for each issue online. I would have been totally lost without those!

Off topic, buuuuut....I think those issues around that time in the story are designed to be interchangeable, like with Seven Soldiers. I don't think he totally succeeded in making it so, but if you get them out of order (at least the order as determined by most fans) it's not a huge loss.

I like the theory that the Beyonder is the son Thanos is looking for. I've been waiting for the Beyonder to return and do something since he appeared in that Illuminati miniseries a few years ago.

I like the theory that the Beyonder is the son Thanos is looking for. I've been waiting for the Beyonder to return and do something since he appeared in that Illuminati miniseries a few years ago.

Oh yeah, b/c it was revealed in that series that he wasn't actually an omnipotent being from another universe, but a mutant inhuman. That was pretty lame, but if this theory is true, it could redeem it.

This is the first I've heard of this theory. Interesting.

I also thought the Inhuman reveal was typical Bendis lameness, but if that is the case I trust Hickman to redeem that go-nowhere story.

I wonder how all that "is she/are they" nonsense ties into that though.

That is inspired.

If they keep Beyonder as a stupid Inhuman, but let Hickman erase the brilliance of what was going on in DnA's Cosmic, I'll be pissed.

But that's just personal stuff.

I kind of wish I had read all of the marvel cosmic stuff from Annihilation on before starting Infinity, but I am actually really enjoying it none the less. I don't like the fact that I have to pay for three (or more) books to get the whole story, but the story itself has not disappointed so far.

I kind of wish I had read all of the marvel cosmic stuff from Annihilation on before starting Infinity, but I am actually really enjoying it none the less.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't believe I've seen anything yet that was unexplained and not understandable if you haven't read the previous cosmic stuff.

Bendis still hasn't explained how Star-Lord, Drax and Thanos have returned and I'm guessing the time travel in Age of Ultron is going to be the reason why because it's responsible for everything else going on.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't believe I've seen anything yet that was unexplained and not understandable if you haven't read the previous cosmic stuff.

Well you might be confused as to why Blackbolt has five wives now if you didn't read Hickman's run on F4/FF.

Actually, I did read it and I'm still confused by that.

Last edited:
I'm confused on why the Inhumans lefts being rulers of the Kree, and why Ronan and Crystal no longer are married, but hey, no worries, Thanos Star Lord, Nova and Drax are back from an alternate universe THAT WAS SEALED OFF FROM THE REsT OF THE MULTIVERSE.

I digress.

Latest posts

Back