Avengers Young Avengers (Gillen/McKelvie) Spoilers.

Re: Young Avengers

I read #1 and liked it for the most part. I'll stick with it for now.

Rundown for anyone who wants it: Kate and Noh'Varr are hooking up, Teddy wants to be a superhero again and after an argument Billy feels bad that he's been holding him back. He reaches into an alternate dimension to find another version of Teddy's mom, who attacks (kills?) Billy's parents. Also...something with Loki and Miss America (whom I had never heard of) but I'm not exactly sure what was going on there. Loki is still a little kid.

Hardly 10/10 but not bad at all.

Wasn't there some kind of agreement or controversy or something that Heinberg was the only one who could write the book? Or maybe it was that he had another story he was planning and was waiting for the time to do it? What happened with that?

I liked the issue and I agree it's not 10/10 rating worthy. I'd say more like 8/10.

The problem that I had with it was that it was so fast paced. There wasn't any "breathing room" and it was just moment after moment until the last panel.

Noh-Var dancing at the beginning was awkward and weird, but funny.

Last edited:

I'm really digging this new run. Although I've been completely out of the loop. I just found out Cassie Died. What happened to Patriot? And who's this Puerto Rican Wonder Woman???

Number one was OK, number two was great. The two pages with kid Loki and wiccan in the prison was fantastic. I'm on board for the time being.

#3 was mediocre. I'll finish the arc.
We're definitely not reading the same book. Every issue has been great. I am in love with this book. Gillen and McKelvie are a great combo and I don't want either to leave the title. Like ever.

The story of this first arc was incredibly fun, dramatic, and action-packed. An awesome package tied with the genius panel-layout and art of McKelvie... it's all so wonderful.

Last edited:
I can't decide whether I like Miss America. Kid Loki was funny at first, but now I have my reservations> Honestly, this should be a weekly series. I can't stand the long weeks that go by between issues.

I like Miss America. Also, I think Kid Loki has been great and in the last issue he was the best so far.

I love what Gillen is doing with this series. Makes me wish I cared for his Iron Man as I do with this book.

I don't know, I just don't love it. It was a lot better than most the young avengers stuff that has been written, but it just isn't the young avengers I fell in love with. It's not Heinburg. The art IS fantastic though, I'll give it that.

I don't know, I just don't love it. It was a lot better than most the young avengers stuff that has been written, but it just isn't the young avengers I fell in love with. It's not Heinburg. The art IS fantastic though, I'll give it that.

Agreed. I can't pinpoint what it is exactly, but yeah, I am probably comparing it to what I expect from a YA comic based on the Heinberg series.

1374253799.jpg

"Young Avengers" was a quick topic of conversation, and Lowe stated Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie would be teaming up with Becky Cloonan, Joe Quinones, Ming Doyle, Christian Ward, Emma Vieceli and more for an arc called "After Party."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back