Avengers Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) (spoilers)

Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) March 2013.

She's a cheesecake, demon-hunting angel from Gaiman's brief run on Spawn, way back in its early days.

Her entire purpose is that she hunts Hellspawn, so I don't know what the point is of bringing her outside of that. I know that characters can be developed and changed but that is pretty fundamental.

I don't think anyone cares enough about the character for this to mean anything. Maybe it is a red herring; it's the only thing that makes any sense. The most interesting thing about her is that she was involved the the Miracleman lawsuits.

Re: Age of Ultron (Bendis/Hitch) March 2013.

Her entire purpose is that she hunts Hellspawn, so I don't know what the point is of bringing her outside of that. I know that characters can be developed and changed but that is pretty fundamental.

I don't think anyone cares enough about the character for this to mean anything. Maybe it is a red herring; it's the only thing that makes any sense. The most interesting thing about her is that she was involved the the Miracleman lawsuits.

Yeah, I find it pretty puzzling too, especially given that they're apparently tying her into GotG. If they were adding her to, say, the Ghost Rider mythology, that would at least add a bit of sense.

Honestly, I don't even quite understand how Marvel got the rights to her.

I'd be surprised if they actually got the rights. But I'd be more surprised if they are actually paying to license her.

Bendis and Gaiman is a really weird idea. I never thought I would see those two collaborate.

I hope they bring back Miracleman. After their stellar use of the Sentry, I can't see how it could go wrong.

Also, Age of Ultron is balls. Here's the problem: the idea of starting "in media res" is to solidify Ultron's threat so we go, "Wow. They're so beaten, how will they come back from this?!" But it actually works the reverse because the methods by which Ultron "won" are so vague we inherently understand that Bendis can deus ex his way out of this predicament. The "rules" of Ultron's victory don't exist, so we can't get excited by how they'll defeat him as we've know way to base out expectations. On the other hand, had we had say, a three part story in which Ultron *actually won* through a brilliant plan, then we'd be "oh boy, how are they going to get out of this!" But they didn't do that because it is far too hard. This is the east way out. Why write a gripping action story that turns when you can just skip right into the middle and improvise an ending?

I hope they bring back Miracleman. After their stellar use of the Sentry, I can't see how it could go wrong.

Also, Age of Ultron is balls. Here's the problem: the idea of starting "in media res" is to solidify Ultron's threat so we go, "Wow. They're so beaten, how will they come back from this?!" But it actually works the reverse because the methods by which Ultron "won" are so vague we inherently understand that Bendis can deus ex his way out of this predicament. The "rules" of Ultron's victory don't exist, so we can't get excited by how they'll defeat him as we've know way to base out expectations. On the other hand, had we had say, a three part story in which Ultron *actually won* through a brilliant plan, then we'd be "oh boy, how are they going to get out of this!" But they didn't do that because it is far too hard. This is the east way out. Why write a gripping action story that turns when you can just skip right into the middle and improvise an ending?

Uh, I'll have you know that Brian Michael Bendis has been working on this story for years and has thought of all of that already.

This has really stuck with me since I read it. I hadn't thought of it that way.

The amazing thing is that this is a guy who teaches writing classes at a university. He's teaching people to do this.

I'm more confused about why it took two issues for Captain America to stand up.

Retroactive Post of the Day.

Yeah, I find it pretty puzzling too, especially given that they're apparently tying her into GotG.

Wha--? I totally missed this.

The amazing thing is that this is a guy who teaches writing classes at a university. He's teaching people to do this.
Last he posted, he doesn't teach anymore. At least not at the university he was a professor at. One day it was a sudden "No longer teaching", no reason given. Don't know if he's gone back to teaching anywhere, but haven't seen him post something like that anywhere, unless I missed it.

Last he posted, he doesn't teach anymore. At least not at the university he was a professor at. One day it was a sudden "No longer teaching", no reason given. Don't know if he's gone back to teaching anywhere, but haven't seen him post something like that anywhere, unless I missed it.

They saw the script for Age of Ultron and fired him?

[video=youtube;O3ZOKDmorj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0[/video]

Ok so I'm so confused about this E can you explain it to me

At the end of #3, they went to finally confront who they thought was Ultron, but it wasn't Ultron. It was Vision. It appears at this point that Vision is the one that destroyed the world, enslaved humanity, killed everyone, etc. and made it look like it was Ultron that did it.

Of course, Ultron originally created Vision way back when, so it might just be a trick. The way Bendis handles plot twists (spoiler: he just makes unexpected things happen that make no sense), who knows.

At the end of #3, they went to finally confront who they thought was Ultron, but it wasn't Ultron. It was Vision. It appears at this point that Vision is the one that destroyed the world, enslaved humanity, killed everyone, etc. and made it look like it was Ultron that did it.

Of course, Ultron originally created Vision way back when, so it might just be a trick. The way Bendis handles plot twists (spoiler: he just makes unexpected things happen that make no sense), who knows.

The best twists are the ones that don't make any sense! BECAUSE YOU NEVER SEE THEM COMING.

I'm gonna take a guess here and say Howard the Duck is secretly the Vision's puppeteer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back