Avengers Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis (2010)

Re: Avengers (Bendis/JRJR)

Red Hulk is joining the team in #7.

This title is really bad and Red Hulk is a terrible character. Dropped.

This is the ****tiest **** I've ever read. I'd rather read a Loeb book. What is going on??? I love Bendis, I love John Romita Jr. but I hate this book!

Is anyone bothering with this anymore? I just read #7 and it's...well, it's not good. But it's not Mighty Avengers, so...whatever.

The Hood (sans demon) is reassembling the Infinity Gauntlet. He has recovered the Reality Gem and the Power Gem. And then he took down Red Hulk.

I have to give it credit for being interesting, at least on the most superficial level. As in, I'm interested to see how bad and/or cliche it becomes.

I only read issue 1 and it sucked. Kang talking like a Bendis character, followed by a text piece of everyone talking like Bendis characters without even pictures to look at, made this possibly the worst book of the year not written by Nick Spencer.

Daniel Acuña is absolutely killing on this book.

Is this and/or New Avengers any good? I haven't really read any Avengers stuff since Siege and I kind of miss it. Bendis' New Avengers was sort of my guilty pleasure, even when it wasn't very good. Siege seemed like a good jumping off point at the time, but I've considered picking up the trades since then

Is this and/or New Avengers any good? I haven't really read any Avengers stuff since Siege and I kind of miss it. Bendis' New Avengers was sort of my guilty pleasure, even when it wasn't very good. Siege seemed like a good jumping off point at the time, but I've considered picking up the trades since then

I'm not normally an Avengers fan, but I've been really enjoying it. I can go so far as saying it's consistently better than my X-Books.

it's because Daniel Acuña's an amazing artist.

At this point I would read anything he draws, even if it was written by Jeph Loeb.

Both have been pretty good. Avengers started out not-so-good but has gotten better.

Do you like The Office? Bendis' Avengers is The Office of the Marvel universe.

Do you like The Office? Bendis' Avengers is The Office of the Marvel universe.

I liked the British one, not the American one. So I guess if the Avengers is supposed to feel like a cookie cutter sit com, instead of an exciting adventure series, Bendis did hit the mark.

Interesting. Please explain.

It's written like a sitcom. All the characters say one-liners and compete with each other to be the funniest.

Latest posts

Back