Avengers Invincible Iron Man discussion (Spoilers!)

Ok....this is getting better. Keep it up Fraction.

Just tell Larocca to draw Tony with a goatee and not a gay 70's moustache.

Nobody's commented here in a while...

Just read the newest issue, #7, which is the epilouge to the first story arch "The Five Nightmares". This issue "guest-starred" good ole' Spidey.

For the most part I really liked this issue, it makes me wish that Matt Fraction was part of Spidey's Brain Trust. My only complaints are probably the same that everyone else has...

There are some serious continuity issues going on here (thanks to One More Day of course). Though, these continuity problems may not be problems because they haven't fully explained all of the mysteries from Brand New Day. But, It seems quite illogical that Stark doesn't remember Spidey's identity. Remember in JMS' run of ASM when Stark became almost a father figure to Parker? He showed up to give Pete, MJ, and Aunt May a place to live in Stark Tower. Accoding to Joe Quesada, all previous Spidey stories have still happened just without the marriage with MJ and he has his identity back.

It's not that big of a deal, I can enjoy this issues on it's own merrits but, it really kinda bugs me. Strak was right there when Peter unmasked in Civil War. He doesn't remember? More so, he doesn't mention that he doesn't remember? Whaaaa?

Fraction did the best he could with the situation he had.... I just wish they would get to it and explain the logical reason noone can remember who he is (especially people with close ties to him - Stark, Osbourn, ...Venom for christ's sakes!)

But like I said, If you can get by the silly continuity blips, this is a great issue, great series, awesome close to the first story arc.

One More Day was the worst thing to ever to happen to comics.

Stark not remembering who Spider-Man is full of so many plot-holes. It makes no sense.

Ice said:
It was explained for Amazing Spider-Man that no one at all remembers who Spider-Man really is.

How is that any answer to his concerns? I think he is reading Amazing Spider-Man as he references it in his post.

How is that any answer to his concerns? I think he is reading Amazing Spider-Man as he references it in his post.
I wasn't trying to answer his concerns. I was just stating that if he hadn't read Amazing or articles on it. I don't know if he's read about that or not. Simmah down, now!!

I wasn't trying to answer his concerns. I was just stating that if he hadn't read Amazing or articles on it. I don't know if he's read about that or not. Simmah down, now!!

There are some serious continuity issues going on here (thanks to One More Day of course). Though, these continuity problems may not be problems because they haven't fully explained all of the mysteries from Brand New Day

Fraction did the best he could with the situation he had.... I just wish they would get to it and explain the logical reason noone can remember who he is (especially people with close ties to him - Stark, Osbourn, ...Venom for christ's sakes!)

I think that implies that he has read it or at least knows what is going on.

The Tony Stark on the run story is making this book awesome.

But Pepper in armor? Not sure how I feel about that.

The art is pretty.

Dark Reign has been the best thing to ever happen to this book, it really feels like the Knauf's late stuff.

I'm still pissed about Stark losing the Extremis though

Wait, what Tony has no more Extremis?

So Iron Man is downgrading?

What's the matter, did Extremis become Vista all of a sudden?

yeah those dastardly Skrulls took it away.

but I think taking it away had more to do with how Fraction wants to write this series, I can see this becoming far more espionage based than the first arc implied, and espionage doesn't really work when your main character can track everything from space.

The Tony Stark on the run story is making this book awesome.

But Pepper in armor? Not sure how I feel about that.

The art is pretty.

I like how the new storyline makes you wonder/think about Tony's alleged brilliance. Is it the man who is smart, or was the man only smart thanks to Extremis' electronic connection?

But yeah, the "man on the run" storyline is great. And Pepper in armor? I like it....but not as a permanent thing....or even an extended ongoing thing. I fully expect her to dump the thing by the end of the awesome arc.

I'm not too crazy about the arc. Is it just me or has Larocca changed his arc style in the past few years. I used to remember liking him....but ever since his run on Ultimate X-Men, I just haven't been feeling his art.

I really dislike his look for Stark. Never been a fan of the 'stache Tony. I prefer the goatee style better. It's more contemporary.

Total bull****.

Well yeah.......and no.

While the idea that Extremis was made void and useless by a Skrull virus is a complete waste of a story......if you read the first arc "The Five Nightmares", you'll see that eventually Extremis system was gonna need upgrading.

By Stane developing the next generation of Starktech Armor he was more advanced than Stark power-output and tech-wise. But in terms of smarter? Not really.

This allows Fraction to control how Stark is gonna put himself back on the map in terms of power and status.

Bendis' Skrull Deus Ex basically gave Fraction a means to an end.

Latest posts

Back