Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales Discussion (SPOILERS)

Nah, I'm still going clone. I bet MJ freed it too.

Last edited:
Clone or not, the real question is what will happen with him with Secret Wars? Will he be one of the survivors during the merge? Marvel said not everyone makes it alive.

That was in terms of his "reasons" for not sticking around, so him and MJ could (essentially) ride off into the sunset together. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

Sounds like it's going to be a short ride.

I was hoping that it is Peter and he would return as the Ultimate Scarlet Spider. But if this is it for the Ultimate U, doesn't look like that going to happen.

So the twins and Hydra are working for Doom... Now what. They've got one issue left, what kind of conclusion can they come to in one issue?

So the twins and Hydra are working for Doom... Now what. They've got one issue left, what kind of conclusion can they come to in one issue?

Hydra working for (or with) Doom was kind of dumb, but that's pretty much what I expect from Bendis at this point. Throw some crazy plot twist in there that makes no sense and serves no purpose other than to surprise people.

Hydra working for (or with) Doom was kind of dumb, but that's pretty much what I expect from Bendis at this point. Throw some crazy plot twist in there that makes no sense and serves no purpose other than to surprise people.

Doom was in the crossover with the All-New X-Men, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I haven't read it yet.

Doom was in the crossover with the All-New X-Men, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I haven't read it yet.

That may tie in. But I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath (like E said, Bendis does have a habit of forced plot twists). Given all the things that'll be left unresolved, I'm not necessarily sure all of the Miles Morales plot threads will be satisfyingly concluded either, in MM-USM #12 or the Ultimate End mini... Will his entire supporting cast cross over to the 616 universe or whatever it's called after Secret Wars?

Last edited:
That may tie in. But I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath (like E said, Bendis does have a habit of forced plot twists). Given all the things that'll be left unresolved, I'm not necessarily sure all of the Miles Morales plot threads will be satisfyingly concluded either, in MM-USM #12 or the Ultimate End mini...

I can't help but hope that it will tie into the Latverian Embassy issue of UMTU. But no, I know it won't.

Will his entire supporting cast cross over to the 616 universe or whatever it's called after Secret Wars?

I assume his dad and Ganke will still be in the new marvel universe, but everyone else he knows is a ultimate version of a 616 counterpart, so we'll have to see what they do there.

Last edited:
So, that was maybe the worst, most rushed final issue ever. Miles gets a new power and takes out the spider-themed thief twins, Dr Doom, and the hoards of Hydra on his own, off-panel. The end. Sigh.

So, that was maybe the worst, most rushed final issue ever. Miles gets a new power and takes out the spider-themed thief twins, Dr Doom, and the hoards of Hydra on his own, off-panel. The end. Sigh.

I agree. If they have taken some time and hired some different writers, it would have been great. The twins were good though.

I agree. If they have taken some time and hired some different writers, it would have been great. The twins were good though.

I don't think it was Bendis' fault. He had to wrap up his story so they could fit in with Secret Wars. But then again, I assume he knew this was coming months ago and could have worked out a better way to conclude.

Latest posts

Back