Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

That would make sense and you right they're all about marketing and things like that. Disney constantly has posters on their monorail to advertise their newest movies. (The IM 3 one looks really cool) so your probably right that's probably when the pilot will premiere. If they make a whole series out of it, hopefully it won't be one of those short 10 episode seasons

That would make sense and you right they're all about marketing and things like that. Disney constantly has posters on their monorail to advertise their newest movies. (The IM 3 one looks really cool) so your probably right that's probably when the pilot will premiere. If they make a whole series out of it, hopefully it won't be one of those short 10 episode seasons

Do you live near one of the Disney parks? Just wondering in reference to the monorail mention.

As for the amount of episodes, we'll see. If it's the ratings juggernaut I expect it will be, I would think ABC would want a full 20-24 episode season, but I guess it just depends on cost versus ratings, as all shows do.

Do you live near one of the Disney parks? Just wondering in reference to the monorail mention.

As for the amount of episodes, we'll see. If it's the ratings juggernaut I expect it will be, I would think ABC would want a full 20-24 episode season, but I guess it just depends on cost versus ratings, as all shows do.

No I do glove near Disney I just saw online pictures. As for the season count if they make it right, many people may want to watch it just because the movie was good.

No I do glove near Disney I just saw online pictures. As for the season count if they make it right, many people may want to watch it just because the movie was good.

No doubt about it. I think it's safe to say it's one of the most anticipated shows of the 2013-2014 tv season. And besides the connection to the MCU movies (which will be an extremely helpful ratings boost in it's own right), the slightly different format on the cop procedural shows will be a welcome change for even casual viewers, I think. It's also Marvel's way of bringing competition to WB's shows like Arrow.

No doubt about it. I think it's safe to say it's one of the most anticipated shows of the 2013-2014 tv season. And besides the connection to the MCU movies (which will be an extremely helpful ratings boost in it's own right), the slightly different format on the cop procedural shows will be a welcome change for even casual viewers, I think. It's also Marvel's way of bringing competition to WB's shows like Arrow.

Arrow? What's that? (Besides a DC show)

Arrow? What's that? (Besides a DC show)

Just that, a WB show based on a DC comics character. Marvel hasn't had any live action shows based on their properties in a long while. Sure, they have animated shows, just as DC does, but the MCU's success, along with the success of Arrow and The Walking Dead, show that comic based properties are successful not only on the big screen, but TV as well. Makes sense for Marvel to want to get their toe in the door, and then kick that door down by spinning off from their hugely successful movie franchise with the TV show.

Just that, a WB show based on a DC comics character. Marvel hasn't had any live action shows based on their properties in a long while. Sure, they have animated shows, just as DC does, but the MCU's success, along with the success of Arrow and The Walking Dead, show that comic based properties are successful not only on the big screen, but TV as well. Makes sense for Marvel to want to get their toe in the door, and then kick that door down by spinning off from their hugely successful movie franchise with the TV show.

Actually Marvel does have a live action tv show. Although usually not thought to be a marvel comic the crime show castle on ABC was written (or at least greatly inspired) by marvel comics. Other than that you're right marvel hasn't had many live action tv shows. DC has had great ones like small ville the walking dead (personally I hate that one but it's pretty popular) and many others I would like to see more live actio series from them over the years

Actually Marvel does have a live action tv show. Although usually not thought to be a marvel comic the crime show castle on ABC was written (or at least greatly inspired) by marvel comics. Other than that you're right marvel hasn't had many live action tv shows. DC has had great ones like small ville the walking dead (personally I hate that one but it's pretty popular) and many others I would like to see more live actio series from them over the years

Actually, the Castle show isn't based on a Marvel comic, however Marvel did publish a tie-in comic for the show. But like I said, Marvel didn't create the character or anything, they just published a licensed spin-off, kind of like how Dark Horse publishes Star Wars comics (even though the movies came out long before DH ever started their comic run of SW titles...which ends next year when Marvel starts publishing the new SW comic titles).

And Smallville was definitely based on DC's Superman, but The Walking Dead is actually a title published by Image Comics.

But yeah, Marvel hasn't really had a presence in the world of live action TV since The Incredible Hulk series of the late 70's/early 80's. Well, you could say Mutant X and Blade - The Series qualify, but those are probably best left forgotten, especially since Mutant X wasn't even based on Marvel comics characters, but just kind of borrowed the premise of mutants with powers from the X-Men (without actually using the X-Men or related characters so they wouldn't have to pay Marvel to use their characters).

As for the future, we'll see. Obviously Agents of SHIELD has a lot of hype going for it, so the showrunners would seriously have to screw it up to get taken off the air (kind of like what happened with Heroes). And if it's successful, I can definitely see Marvel wanting to try shows based on other characters and properties they own. There's an Incredible Hulk tv show supposedly still in the works, but that's been rumored for years and I honestly think it's been scrapped in favor of the movie version of Hulk (Marvel probably doesn't want to confuse consumers or water down the brand by having both a movie version and live action TV version going on at the same time). Animation is a different story since in large part that's still thought of as being aimed strictly at children.

But yeah, with Disney's acquisition of Marvel, and if the SHIELD show does well, I can see the Disney execs trying out other Marvel properties in various forms on various channels. Probably more animated shows on Disney or Disney XD, perhaps a lower budget live action drama/comedy on ABC Family, etc. I think the SHIELD show will be the only one connected to the MCU, at least for the time being.

Actually, the Castle show isn't based on a Marvel comic, however Marvel did publish a tie-in comic for the show. But like I said, Marvel didn't create the character or anything, they just published a licensed spin-off, kind of like how Dark Horse publishes Star Wars comics (even though the movies came out long before DH ever started their comic run of SW titles...which ends next year when Marvel starts publishing the new SW comic titles).

And Smallville was definitely based on DC's Superman, but The Walking Dead is actually a title published by Image Comics.

But yeah, Marvel hasn't really had a presence in the world of live action TV since The Incredible Hulk series of the late 70's/early 80's. Well, you could say Mutant X and Blade - The Series qualify, but those are probably best left forgotten, especially since Mutant X wasn't even based on Marvel comics characters, but just kind of borrowed the premise of mutants with powers from the X-Men (without actually using the X-Men or related characters so they wouldn't have to pay Marvel to use their characters).

As for the future, we'll see. Obviously Agents of SHIELD has a lot of hype going for it, so the showrunners would seriously have to screw it up to get taken off the air (kind of like what happened with Heroes). And if it's successful, I can definitely see Marvel wanting to try shows based on other characters and properties they own. There's an Incredible Hulk tv show supposedly still in the works, but that's been rumored for years and I honestly think it's been scrapped in favor of the movie version of Hulk (Marvel probably doesn't want to confuse consumers or water down the brand by having both a movie version and live action TV version going on at the same time). Animation is a different story since in large part that's still thought of as being aimed strictly at children.

But yeah, with Disney's acquisition of Marvel, and if the SHIELD show does well, I can see the Disney execs trying out other Marvel properties in various forms on various channels. Probably more animated shows on Disney or Disney XD, perhaps a lower budget live action drama/comedy on ABC Family, etc. I think the SHIELD show will be the only one connected to the MCU, at least for the time being.

Oh ok the castle thing makes more sense now but as for the different shows on different channels, that is probably what they will do. Knowing Disney, they'll probably focus more on the SHIELD show than animated things on the Disney channels. Oh and are you saying anime is for kids or others say it's for kids?

The title of the series is no more S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. :

493255shieldlogoofficial2.jpg

Oh ok the castle thing makes more sense now but as for the different shows on different channels, that is probably what they will do. Knowing Disney, they'll probably focus more on the SHIELD show than animated things on the Disney channels. Oh and are you saying anime is for kids or others say it's for kids?

I'm saying the execs who tend to make the decisions regarding animated shows still view them as primarily for kids and as a vehicle to sell toys.

The title of the series is no more S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. :

Wow that's cool where'd u find this?

Uh, guys, I posted this and changed the timeline to reflect the show's title change awhile ago.

Janet, you even quoted my post about that in one of your responses. Here you go:

So apparently the SHIELD tv show is now titled Agents of SHIELD. Changed the timeline to reflect that.

Silly rabbits...Trix are for...me.

I'm saying the execs who tend to make the decisions regarding animated shows still view them as primarily for kids and as a vehicle to sell toys.

Uh, guys, I posted this and changed the timeline to reflect the show's title change awhile ago.

Janet, you even quoted my post about that in one of your responses. Here you go:

Silly rabbits...Trix are for...me.

Oh ok lol I can be very forgetful and absentminded a lot. Between that and everything else going on I find it sometime hard to keep up with both the comics and what I previously said

Some timeline and plot news for Iron Man 3 and Thor - TDW:

As many clues from set photos and articles on IM3, a new kids novelization/storybook based on the film confirms the movie occurs about 6 months after Avengers, around Christmas/December.

Also, this article confirms Thor - The Dark World occurs 2 years after the first movie, and a year after Avengers.

Also, a rumor pertaining to the post credits scene for Iron Man 3 can be found in this article, the info apparently being revealed after a premiere in Paris. A little lackluster if it's the only post credits scene, but I'm hoping this is more of a schawarma type scene and there will be a mid credits scene that foreshadows either Thor - TDW or another Phase 2 film.

Anyway, updated the timeline for the IM3 confirmation and Thor - TDW placement.

I bought the IM2 Adaptation / IM3 Prelude :

The only thing interesting for the IM2 is they've added things related to James Rhodes as he has a major role in IM3:

- Test flight of the Mark 2 with Tony (the night of the day where Tony was with the Senator Stern)
- at the end, Black Widow and Fury talk about James Rhodes in the Avengers

I bought the IM2 Adaptation / IM3 Prelude :

The only thing interesting for the IM2 is they've added things related to James Rhodes as he has a major role in IM3:

- Test flight of the Mark 2 with Tony (the night of the day where Tony was with the Senator Stern)
- at the end, Black Widow and Fury talk about James Rhodes in the Avengers

I don't know if it'd be possible for you to make scans of the Iron Man 2 adaptation, but if it's not too much trouble I'd love to get that added in and nailed down in the timeline. I've been meaning to pick that book up, but always forget about it. If not no big deal, I'm sure I'll remember to order one through my local comic shop eventually.

It's in french, it will be a pain for you to understand it :p

I actually got a bit used to reading French from old France exclusive Indiana Jones comics/novels and some French only (until recently anyway) Assassins Creed comics. Also learned to read a bit of German from some German only Indiana Jones novels. I'm far from fluent but I can usually understand about 1/3 to 1/2 of the words, often ill research online with a translator to translate what I don't understand.

But I understand, I wouldn't want to scan all those pages either. ;)

I actually got a bit used to reading French from old France exclusive Indiana Jones comics/novels and some French only (until recently anyway) Assassins Creed comics. Also learned to read a bit of German from some German only Indiana Jones novels. I'm far from fluent but I can usually understand about 1/3 to 1/2 of the words, often ill research online with a translator to translate what I don't understand.

But I understand, I wouldn't want to scan all those pages either. ;)

Oh, it's cool, don't worry.

I'll scan the 40 pages, but I'm not an expert ;)

EDIT : In the after credits scene, Tony says he was 14 in 1983.

Last edited:
Oh, it's cool, don't worry.

I'll scan the 40 pages, but I'm not an expert ;)

EDIT : In the after credits scene, Tony says he was 14 in 1983.

Interesting. So that places Tony's birth year in 1969 (or possibly 1968 ), meaning by the time Iron Man 1 occurs he's already 38-40 years old. That's a tad older (by a few years) than I'd assumed, so I may have to do a minor adjustment for the Iron Man 2 Public Identity comic flashbacks.

And much appreciated in terms of scanning those, just wanted to get the timeline updated for that. If you want you can email me at [email protected] and I'll get this updated pronto. Thanks again Captain France!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back