Spider-Man The Superior Spider-Man (Slott/Stegman/Delgado) SPOILERS

Re: Superior spiderman

The whole thing just reminds me of a "let's do this and see what happens" instead of having a story progress naturally toward it. Did we even see any signs in Amazing that Peter was struggling with someone in his head? It just happened.

This is how Bendis writes. It's sloppy and it takes the fun out of reading it. It would have been a lot better to see the progression toward Doc Ock strengthening his presence in Peter's mind and not know what was going on.

Unless we did get that and it was so unremarkable that I just forgot about it...?

So what ur saying is that it's more like a "what if" story

No...I'm saying the lead up to Doc Ock actually taking over Peter's brain was poorly handled.

Ya it was random and I think that's what made it better

It wasn't really random. It was just a huge leap from one story to the next when the two stories should have been better connected.

And randomness doesn't make stories better. Plot twists sometimes do, but there has to be some kind of frame of reference for it to make sense and be good.

When Peter had the black costume, it would sometimes get on him in the middle of the night and make him go web-swinging while he was still asleep. That is an example of two plot points being connected and maintaining a mystery of something being wrong without giving any idea what. There's no reason Superior couldn't have done that. Especially considering that it's the same writer and in a short period of time.

Re: The Superior Spider-Man (Slott/Stegman/Delgado)

Did they just kill off Uncle Ben and Peter Parker for good? Like for real and final this time? Are you freaking kidding me?

Did they just kill off Uncle Ben and Peter Parker for good? Like for real and final this time? Are you freaking kidding me?

Post of the Day.

I don't know if this is a good thing in this instance, but thanks.

It is. PotDs are rarely done sarcastically. They are too valuable.

This book keeps getting dumber and dumber. I refer to the death row escape of Spider Slayer and his robot things turning Boomerang, Scorpion, and Vulture in cyborgs.

I hate that I feel the need to keep up on what's happening in this book.

I was talking to the guy that runs the comic store I go to and he said this is, by far, his best selling book. Bigger than The Walking Dead, even.

I don't get it.

This book keeps getting dumber and dumber. I refer to the death row escape of Spider Slayer and his robot things turning Boomerang, Scorpion, and Vulture in cyborgs.

I hate that I feel the need to keep up on what's happening in this book.

I was talking to the guy that runs the comic store I go to and he said this is, by far, his best selling book. Bigger than The Walking Dead, even.

I don't get it.

The same thing which makes The Real Housewives shows ratings blockbusters apparently translates to the comic world.

J.G. Jone's Spider-Man 2099 variant for #17:

988265_10151753307981469_1834630228_n.jpg

Awesome.

Clearly, you're mistaken. Especially because there's a rumor that JGL will be playing Spider-Man 2099.

I heard they're just waiting for Nelson Mandela to die before they cast JGL as him in the biopic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back