The Apple Products Thread

Re: iPhone

Yeah, I got a 2GB ram chip from Newegg for $115, about half of what Apple charges. -.-

I am looking at 2 1-giggers for my Macbook Pro...a few months ago they were around $75 combined and I didn't get them...now they're about $95. I'm holding out for a price drop but it hasn't changed in over a month; guess I might as well bite the bullet.

Got my 160 GB Classic. Updating it now.

I played around with the iPod Touch...I'm not sure I like it. It *feels* kind of cheap. Maybe just because I'm used to the iPhone, but it feels kind of plastic-y.

lol, I got the 16GB Touch. I can tell you why it feels "cheap" to me, it's almost too thin. I'm getting used to it.

lol, I got the 16GB Touch. I can tell you why it feels "cheap" to me, it's almost too thin. I'm getting used to it.

OK, so it's not just me. I'm sure it's something I could get used to. :)

The 160 GB Classic feels like a cinder block compared to the Touch. It's thicker than my 30 GB and a LOT thicker than the Touch.

OK, so it's not just me. I'm sure it's something I could get used to. :)

The 160 GB Classic feels like a cinder block compared to the Touch. It's thicker than my 30 GB and a LOT thicker than the Touch.

I played with the Classic in the Apple Store, it's a friggen brick, I'm not sure if I'd have liked the Touch that thick.

Got the girlfriend a Red Nano. She doesn't know yet. ^_^

I played with the Classic in the Apple Store, it's a friggen brick, I'm not sure if I'd have liked the Touch that thick.

Got the girlfriend a Red Nano. She doesn't know yet. ^_^

I wouldn't mind one bit if the touch was this thick if it carried 160 GB of music. I'd rather have that than the wi-fi, actually.

I'm thinking of getting my wife one of the new Nanos (say "new Nano" 5 times fast) even though I just got her one of the old style a few months ago.

I wouldn't mind one bit if the touch was this thick if it carried 160 GB of music. I'd rather have that than the wi-fi, actually.

I'm thinking of getting my wife one of the new Nanos (say "new Nano" 5 times fast) even though I just got her one of the old style a few months ago.

Actually, doing some research, if Apple were to have used the 1.5" HDD with the Touch, they would have had to use a much larger battery. So hard drive, new battery, heat-shielding to protect the display, you'd be looking at a device being about an inch thick (about that of an Archos 605). I'm not sure that fits into Apple's game plan.

But be happy, Sansdisk is being sued for price fixing flash memory, so we may begin seeing larger Touches in the near future.

Actually, doing some research, if Apple were to have used the 1.5" HDD with the Touch, they would have had to use a much larger battery. So hard drive, new battery, heat-shielding to protect the display, you'd be looking at a device being about an inch thick (about that of an Archos 605). I'm not sure that fits into Apple's game plan.

No way would they go with it, but I'd gladly take it.

An inch isn't too bad! :D

An inch isn't too bad! :D

So many comments, but as I'd rather not be banned, I'll stay on topic.

When you're a company that produces media players with the intent of being mobile and streamlined, an inch is a bit too much. Especially since my MacBook isn't much thicker than an inch, an inch thick iPod would be a bit of a step backwards.

So don't worry E, as flash costs drop, you'll get your high capacity Touch within 2 years.

Yes, yes it is, and I'm sure Mrs. E appreciates that inch. :wink:

The funny thing is that I snickered when I wrote it and almost changed it, then I thought to myself, oh grow up...everyone else has progressed mentally from 7th grade, you should too. :lol:

The funny thing is that I snickered when I wrote it and almost changed it, then I thought to myself, oh grow up...everyone else has progressed mentally from 7th grade, you should too. :lol:

Speak for yourself.

Re: The iPhone and iPod thread

Yeah, I'm gonna get a 160 GB Classic instead. I'm sure it's a wise choice.

The more I use mine, the more I like it.

The interface is nicer, and the menus are better too - there are small thumbnails of the album covers when you scroll through the album lists.

Cover flow is pretty nice, but I don't really use it.

Software update is out. It puts the iTunes store on the phone, fixes the volume, and a few other things.

Apple has announced a developer's kit for the iPhone and iPod Touch coming in February.

Awesome.

Latest posts

Back