Ultimate solictations for November, 2006

Victor Von Doom said:
It's what kills almost all of us.

The really sad part is the most interesting thing about the Ultimate universe for me is how the stories all take place in relation to each other--the chronology (no doubt in large part to the timeline). Naturally, Ultimates is something I look forward to for the story, but the other titles have been severly lacking in that department lately, so the only thing to look forward to is the timeline thing, personally.

Hell---if Marvel announced it---most of us would be hyped for an Ultimate Beta Ray Bill or Ultimate Lila Cheney.

Not me. After Ultimate Vulture, Silver Sable, and Deadpool, I no longer look forward just to an Ultimization, as those examples have fallen extremely flat (though thats all on Bendis, so not fair to lump them all together).

Point is, I've been reading the books for years, spent a hell of a lot of money on it all, and plan to keep doing so for the near future. Unless Card takes over writing duties for all Ultimate titles.

This brings up another interesting question...do us completists have some sort of God complex in our attempt to get it all?

DIrishB said:
This brings up another interesting question...do us completists have some sort of God complex in our attempt to get it all?

I wouldn't say God complex....but I do have this need to collect all the major "official" stuff. I only collect the UU TPBS and Marvel Select Statues.

Case in point is that I went out and bought Ultimate Deadpool........even though I never plan on reading it again unless someone asks a question I'm unsure of and I need to reference something that happened.

I'M BORED AGAIN...

marvel-in-november-2006082208121509.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #36
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"GOD WAR"

Stranded in another dimension, the F.F. find themselves hunted by the warriors from the dread world of Acheron...and its ruler, Thanos, won't rest until he possesses the one weapon which will give him dominion over the entire cosmos—the mind of young Reed Richards! It's an ultimate shocker! Part 4 (of 6)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

marvel-in-november-2006082208075340.jpg

ULTIMATE POWER #2 (of 9)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND

The Squadron Supreme has invaded the Ultimate Universe seeking revenge, and Earth strikes back with its biggest guns! It's the smackdown of the year as the Squadron Supreme go toe-to-toe with the Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spidey himself. And neither world will survive unscathed. You cannot miss it!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

marvel-in-november-2006082208074676.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #102
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"CLONE SAGA"

The revelations continue as we learn the secrets of Ben Reilly! Peter Parker tries his best to evade capture by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., plus—the transformation of Mary Jane Watson—into what?! And just for good measure—the scarlet sicko, Carnage, goes on the rampage! Part 5 (of 7)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

marvel-in-november-2006082208074623.jpg

ULTIMATE VISION #0
Written by MARK MILLAR
Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR.
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
"VISIONS"

Learn the origin of the space-faring robot known as the Vision—and get ready for next month's debut of her all-new limited series! Join Ultimates 2 and Civil War writer Mark Millar and The Eternals' John Romita Jr. in this special edition that collects all six backup stories from the pages of the Ultimate comics. Delve into the motivation and mission of this most fascinating new Ultimate character!
Note: Includes all new coloring for the first two chapters!

marvel-in-november-2006082208052570.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #76
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils and Cover by BEN OLIVER
"CABLE"

It's a battle royale between the X-Men and this bizarre visitor from the future—Ultimate Cable, whose secrets will shake the house that Xavier built to its very core. But that's not all—there's also the sudden arrival of another time traveler—Ultimate Bishop, who's been on the trail of Cable for a reason that will blow you away! We kid you not. Part 2 (of 4).

So, could that be Ultimate Watcher there on the cover of UFF? The eye thing might suggest it and the landscape (granted we see very little) could be from the moon.

Last edited:
That UFF cover is neat. I hope the story is too.

DIrishB said:
yes, yes we do it drives absoltultely crazy that i can't find a copy of the USM super special here in calgary any where

Latest posts

Back