DMZ [Vertigo]

I dropped the book a couple years ago because of pacing and story....but I just purchased almost all of Vertigo's books and got the current trades. So now I gotta get caught up.

It's no Y or Fables....but it was entertaining enough for me to follow. You all want your next great Vertigo title? Started getting caught up with Jason Aaron's Scalped.

Last edited:
I dropped the book a couple years ago because of pacing and story....but I just purchased almost all of Vertigo's books and got the current trades. So now I gotta get caught up.

It's no Y or Fables....but it was entertaining enough for me to follow. You all want your next great Vertigo title? Started getting caught up with Jason Aaron's Scalped.

My library doesn't have Scalped, I'm too poor to order the trades and I don't like reading entire series on the computer.

I will wait.

So far, DMZ has yet to disappoint me and the pacing is fine for me. Scalped...I admit I need to get caught up but it is bad ***.

I can't say I'm surprised that people are underwhelmed by the first arc. The book doesn't really pick up until "Body of a Journalist" and that's when things get into the awesome zone.

Scalped still wins IMO, though.

Last edited:
The story went off in an odd direction with the nuke and stuff, but it is now starting to get back to its roots. issue #55 was really cool with the soldier story in the Collective Punishment arc and we got to meet Zoe again.

#57 The issue involves Amina, (I had to go and look her up again I knew the name sounded familiar). she was the one that wanted to blow herself up for "The Cause" back in the Public Works Vol. 3. last we saw her she was living off of scraps in the streets.

Shes got her own place now and This issue starts with her finding a baby in the streets. and i don't know how Brian Wood does it. but Amina in her own words "I've gone through Hell and back and sold my soul a few times over" every thought that she has, just truly makes you wonder how ****ed up we are as human beings.

#58, we revisit the immaculate Decade Later. as he tells or in his case draws his life story out an old building as the bombs fall. one of my favorites in these little "snap shots"

#59 we are back with matty as joins a little safe house. one similar to the one Zoe was in. nothing to special.

Latest posts

Back