America's Best Comics

Re: Worldstorm Discussion (Spoilers)

LitG:

In the wake of the wonderful return of "Top Ten" under the welcome hands of Zander Cannon and Gene Ha, I understand that long time Alan Moore collaborator Pete Hogan will be writing a new "Tom Strong" series with series regular Chris Sprouse on art. Expect publication next year from Wildstorm.

Re: Worldstorm Discussion (Spoilers)

LitG:

In the wake of the wonderful return of "Top Ten" under the welcome hands of Zander Cannon and Gene Ha, I understand that long time Alan Moore collaborator Pete Hogan will be writing a new "Tom Strong" series with series regular Chris Sprouse on art. Expect publication next year from Wildstorm.

:rockon:

Bringing back America's Best Comics!

And here it is...

Superhero Tom Strong, created by Alan Moore, will return to the WildStorm imprint in 2009 in a miniseries by Peter Hogan and Chris Sprouse.

Hank Kanalz, general manager of WildStorm Productions, said the new series will be called "Tom Strong and the Robots of Doom."

"With Chris on 'Tom Strong,' this will make a terrific miniseries, and it will come out on time," Kanalz said.

Tom Strong was created by Moore and Sprouse and first appeared in "Tom Strong" #1 from America's Best Comics, an imprint of WildStorm, in 1999.

I love the title.

Has anyone read that Top Ten Season 2 mini that Zander Cannon and Gene Ha have been doing? I'm reading it at the moment and I'm surprised that it is actually decent. It's obviously nowhere near as good as Alan Moore's run but it's much better than that Beyond the Farthest Precinct thing I couldn't get through. I'm not sure if they're using some of the ideas Moore had for Season 2 but it seems like that would make sense.

Anyway, the special comes out next week which I presume will wrap up the series. It sucks that the America's Best Comics line has pretty much finished as lots of the comics could have gone on for quite a while and still be fun to read. I am glad we're getting this new Tom Strong mini though which should be good since Peter Hogan wrote Tom Strong's Terrific Tales, I believe and Chris Sprouse was of course the original artist on the main Tom Strong title.

Latest posts

Back