Andy Kubert not on board for second Ultimate Iron Man mini

Goodwill said:
He's comparing it to Spider-Man... Spider-Man has already suited up and faced more than a dozen heroes. Also, really, that's what I've been saying. There's no pace to it yet and all of the people that are arguing with me keep saying that all of this irrelevant stuff wit Tony's father counts for something!
Why shouldn't it? :sure:

What issue of Ultimate Spider-Man did Peter Parker become spiderman in?

What issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four did the F4 become the F4?

and yes, ALL of this backstory is relevant and important, and it gives precedent to who Tony Stark will be when he's an adult.

I don't see how what Anthony Stark is doing will affect his son. That, to me, doesn't sound at all relevant. Sure, it could be Tony's inspiration for going into what he does, but I really can't begin to fathom what all of the evil plotting has to do with all of that.

Goodwill said:
I don't see how what Anthony Stark is doing will affect his son. That, to me, doesn't sound at all relevant. Sure, it could be Tony's inspiration for going into what he does, but I really can't begin to fathom what all of the evil plotting has to do with all of that.
Because for that, you have to read to find out.

:roll:

icemastertron said:
Because for that, you have to read to find out.

:roll:

Heh, you stole my answer. :wink:

Goodwill said:

What could Industrialist Anthony Stark do to affect his son?

Well... How about create a sort of Armor that will revolutionize the defense industry, and make way for the Irontech suit?

Give Tony Stark a public enemy and rival in whats-his-face

Explain where Tony Stark's brain cancer comes from (which i'm guessing is the extension of his current condition in UIM)

I already see the current Stark world headquarters as the beginnings of the Triskelion... Its in the same place in Hudson Bay.

And repeating what Ice said.... you need to keep reading, there have only been TWO issues.... We don't know the affects of everything yet, or what will happen to the young Tony.

Goodwill said:
Has Tony Stark become Iron Man yet? We're not even to the relevant part yet...
Let's see it took six issues for the Fantastic Four to get their powers and cause a cave in under New York, five issues for the Ultimates to find something to do, and seven issues for Peter Parker to fight the Goblin. I think those set enough of a precedent to not find Ultimate Iron Man's pacing wholly surprising.

Regardless, I think the series moves both brisky, as E says, AND slowly. If that makes any sense.

I don't know, it's just a headache when you guys come back from saying all of these outrageous things that I don't think I would find entertaining. This applies to the UIM series.

ourchair said:
Regardless, I think the series moves both brisky, as E says, AND slowly. If that makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense.

Goodwill said:
I don't know, it's just a headache when you guys come back from saying all of these outrageous things that I don't think I would find entertaining. This applies to the UIM series.

I'd be able to take you seriously if you actually read the book. :sure:

To read things that people say and say tey don't sound entertaining is fine and makes sense...but to complain about pacing?!

Goodwill said:
Well, what I hear is what I hear... If that's all I've got to go by, then so be it.

wait....

You haven't read it?

You're arguing about how the story is paced and you haven't even picked up the book?

Goodwill said:
It's not so much about the pace as it is the story itself, really.

How can you judge a story having not read it?

I mean, a story can sound great and be complete dog-**** when it comes to writing, and at the same time a really bad story can be told really well...

Pick it up and then argue about it, or dont. Just don't make your points when you don't know what you're talking about.

Goodwill said:
Like I said, I'm basing my thoughts on synopsis'. I believe them alone can allow someone to have an opinion.
But you're basing it on others thoughts. Not your own from actually reading the actual book.

Goodwill said:
Like I said, I'm basing my thoughts on synopsis'. I believe them alone can allow someone to have an opinion.

Hmmmm......nope!Especially when it comes to commenting on pacing!

Goodwill said:

Okay, you can have an opinion, but you can't argue that your opinion is more valid than those who have read it.

According to an interview at ComiX-Fan, Ultimate Iron Man artist Andy Kubert will not be providing art for the 2nd 5-issues series.

"Comixfan: With Ultimate Iron Man expanding out to two 5 issues mini-series instead of the originally planned single 6 issue mini, will you be taking over the art chores for both books?

Kubert: No. I am committed to another project at this time.

Comixfan: What do you have planned once Ultimate Iron Man comes to a close?

Kubert: Can't say anything yet! Wait and see!"

From: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/showthread.php?t=33508

This series seems to be a bit of a sham to me, planning-wise. Like a LOT of Marvel's stuff at the moment.

Thoughts?

Also: My first time breaking news!

This thread is awesome.

Perhaps Card isn't adjusting well to the comic medium which is, I imagine, quite different from writing novels.

POST OF THE DAY.

Still wondering why Andy K. isnt on board for the sequel? Or why he couldnt say why?

HE'S FREAKING EXCLUSIVE AT DC FOR THREE FREAKING YEARS!!! THAT'S WHY!!! :evil:

There goes more time waiting for Origin: 2!!! :furious:

He left Ultimate Iron Man (maybe "left" isn't the right word here) to kick off Grant Morrison's incredible, epic, and legendary Batman run.

Smart guy.

He left Ultimate Iron Man (maybe "left" isn't the right word here) to kick off Grant Morrison's incredible, epic, and legendary Batman run.

Smart guy.
Sorry, I'm too busy being teh sexy monkeyqueen to care for reasons.

Latest posts

Back