Avengers Young Avengers #1 discussion (spoilers)

Yes Ice - that's it. Thanks.

Five Reasons "Young Avengers #1" Sucked

I. The Setup makes these young avengers seem like they have already shown up... and act in such a manner that'd make you think that they've all been established characters for years. They're brought up in a Newspaper article

II. The majority of the first issue is explaining Jessica Jones (which is rediculous, since she's in practically every comic out from 616). Then the other girl who wrote the article idolized Jones when she was a girl, but didnt remember who she was the page before.

III. Teen Titans = Young Avengers
- Robin = Patriot - Pushy Leader in imposing costume
- Superboy = Iron-lad - Patronizing Show-off
- Beast-Boy = Hulkling - "pretty-boy" show-off
- Kid Flash = Asgardian - The awkward humor of the group

IV. Kang's coming.... and Kang's Iron Lad (which i have more to say about in #5). Is anyone else confused?

V. KANG?!?!?! He's KANG?!?!?!?!?!? And they made this out to be the revelation of the season!!!!!! I mean, they introduce him, they say who they are, and its like "okay". But more like "Why Kang?! For the love of God! Why Kang?!!"

Dr.Strangefate said:
I. The Setup makes these young avengers seem like they have already shown up... and act in such a manner that'd make you think that they've all been established characters for years. They're brought up in a Newspaper article

II. The majority of the first issue is explaining Jessica Jones (which is rediculous, since she's in practically every comic out from 616). Then the other girl who wrote the article idolized Jones when she was a girl, but didnt remember who she was the page before.

III. Teen Titans = Young Avengers
- Robin = Patriot - Pushy Leader in imposing costume
- Superboy = Iron-lad - Patronizing Show-off
- Beast-Boy = Hulkling - "pretty-boy" show-off
- Kid Flash = Asgardian - The awkward humor of the group

IV. Kang's coming.... and Kang's Iron Lad (which i have more to say about in #5). Is anyone else confused?

V. KANG?!?!?! He's KANG?!?!?!?!?!? And they made this out to be the revelation of the season!!!!!! I mean, they introduce him, they say who they are, and its like "okay". But more like "Why Kang?! For the love of God! Why Kang?!!"

Well I think's obivous that the Young Avengers is rip off the Teen Titans. But Beast Boy as Hulkling??? Where did you get from? Beast was a pretty boy when he was the child star. Kid Flash as Asgardian? Seriously I have no idea how you came up with that or Iron Lad as Super Boy. They are so different. But I will give Patriot and Robin. They are both push mofo's

Teen Titans :sick:

The title is all right, I'll read it only because I'm curious as to how they fit Kang into this and the origin of the other characters. Othan my curiosity, the title's nothing special...

HulkSmash said:
Teen Titans :sick:
Othan my curiosity, the title's nothing special...
Well, it's just one issue. It's not like EVERY #1 is gonna be SO much of an eye grabber that you just have to keep on no matter what.

This series really did have a good start. It already has its cast set, for the most part, and we already have a sense on how these guys act. And pretty much how they feel about each other...well, at least in the "battle field". And the issue, again I will say, had one hell of an ending. Something that I did not see coming, and I doubt anyone did. I can't wait to read more! :D

icemastertron said:
Well, it's just one issue. It's not like EVERY #1 is gonna be SO much of an eye grabber that you just have to keep on no matter what.

This series really did have a good start. It already has its cast set, for the most part, and we already have a sense on how these guys act. And pretty much how they feel about each other...well, at least in the "battle field". And the issue, again I will say, had one hell of an ending. Something that I did not see coming, and I doubt anyone did. I can't wait to read more! :D

Tell'em Steve-Dave!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back