Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I agree with Pro Bot. I think Dallas' super-rigid reliance on when a movie ends is faulty compared to looking at the overall narrative impact, especially when talking about an actual "viewing order". Also disagree with the splitting hairs of post-credit senses, they're just extra and often times not even directed by a given films director.

"Faulty" is your opinion. I have stated this countless times now that I'm being objective, or "super-rigid", as you put it. Nobody has to "like" it. It's just how it is. If someone is interested in watching a logical, chronological order, that's who it's for. Everyone else can watch it any which way they please. Gosh, you folks are acting like I'm holding a gun to your heads and forcing you to watch something a certain way. Lighten up.

The simplfied viewing order on this site is logical and chronological. Why would anyone spoil a movie because of 30 seconds?

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 4x22 on yours is in the middle of season 5. Why would *anyone* watch it like that? The overall timeline of a film is far more important than 30 seconds.

Ok. That argument about watching war movies in order? What if 1 minute of that movie is in modern day? Thats your argument. The movie takes place in one place predominately. Thats where its chronological placement is in a viewing order.

I know what your timeline is. Im fine with it. I dont care if your not fine with me being fine with it.

"The simplfied viewing order on this site is logical and chronological. Why would anyone spoil a movie because of 30 seconds?"

Actually no, it's not 100% chronological or logical. It's how the author wanted it vs. how it actually is.

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 4x22 on yours is in the middle of season 5. Why would *anyone* watch it like that? The overall timeline of a film is far more important than 30 seconds."

Your opinion.
Ok. That argument about watching war movies in order? What if 1 minute of that movie is in modern day? Thats your argument. The movie takes place in one place predominately. Thats where its chronological placement is in a viewing order."

Sorry to break it to you, but that's not how logic works. Saving Private Ryan follows the same rules as Captain America: The First Avenger. It's a present day set film, with the majority of the film being narrative flashback.

"I know what your timeline is. Im fine with it. I dont care if your not fine with me being fine with it."

At what point did you get the impression I care what anyone, let alone a troll like you, thinks about fact vs. fiction?

"

Cool. You watch the MCU the way you want to, and I'll watch it in the most logical way possible. Above all, have fun.

The simplified viewing order is missing some things. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Ghost Rider Promo and Jessica Jones Voice Message. I also think you should split the avengers: Infinity War - the heroes journey books into... well... seperate books (as they technically are)

Last edited:
I also think you should split the avengers: Infinity War - the heroes journey books into... well... seperate books (as they technically are)

The Infinity War: Heroes' Journey books are all published in the same book, separated into different sections for each hero. Plus, the Iron Man section isn't continuous, but is rather split up into chunks of 2-3 chapters, all of which are separated by the stories of the other heroes.

Since the different heroes' stories haven't been published separately AFAIK, I'm not really sure if they'd be worth splitting into separate books for the viewing order.

Avengers: Infinity War prelude should be after aos 5x10 in the viewing order and i believe aos 5x05 should be before aos 5x04 dispite how strange it looks in the viewing order. That last ones up to you.

I'll respond to the other ongoing messages soon, but here, as promised, the next part of my June-September catch-up, Cloak & Dagger.
In Cloak & Dagger 1x04, Tandy mentions its been 8 years since her father's death, the storm, and the Roxxon rig explosion, reaffirming the 8 year mention by Tyrone's father in earlier episode.

[...]

Tyrone mentions that his brother's death occurred when he was 8 years old (referring to how his parents treat/view him), indicating he's around 15-16 in the show (depending on his birthday, since his brother died and Roxxon rig exploded in lmid April, 2007, and we're presumably in late February (or possibly early March) of 2015, probably in sophomore or junior year of high school. Since we haven't seen the state championship/finals covered in the show yet (assuming it will be), I'm inclined to think its still late February.

Remains to be seen how this show can fit into that time period with Jessica Jones Season 1 (in terms of if I can place entire first season of C&D between episodes of JJ Season 1, or if I need to alternate them).

Also, Cloak & Dagger is beginning to get RIDICULOUS in regards to the number of flashbacks each episode utilizes.
Speaking of TV continuity, Cloak & Dagger's timeline is a mess. The accident is pretty firmly April 18, 2007, because that security footage was so blatantly shown. Nathan's ID contradicts this (but also even misspells his surname...), and the 6/6/08 vision somewhat contradicts it (though that can be easily explained away).

Then we have the dialogue, which is clearly placing it 8 years on. So February 2015.

Tyrone was 8 at the time of the accident, so he was born between April 19, 1998 and April 18, 1999. Contradicts the date from his mother's vision, but that can be easily explained.

If he were born October 1, 1998-April 18, 1999 he'd be a sophomore in February 2015, and be 15-16. I doubt he's a sophomore with the line about 3 years, and just how old he and his classmates look and act. If he were born April 19, 1998-September 30, 1998 he'd be a junior in February 2015 and he'd be 16. Possible.

If he were born October 1, 1998-April 18, 1999 he'd be a junior in February 2016, and be 16-17. If he were born April 19, 1998-September 30, 1998 he'd be a senior in February 2016 and he'd be 17.

If he were born October 1, 1998-April 18, 1999 he'd be a senior in February 2017, and be 17-18. If he were born April 19, 1998-September 30, 1998, it can't be later than February 2016 for him to still be in school.

Then we have the in-universe music, released up to April 2017, suggesting February 2018. But OK, different universe, the music doesn't matter all too much. The phones used and software seem more 2017, but I'm not entirely sure, and again, different universe, maybe the Apple devices and software are a bit further ahead.

Then we have this from the latest episode. The article says, "Currently chairs a committee in 2017."

If the accident had been more like 2009, this would be far easier, but it's so clearly 2007. Agh, how hard is it to map it out before you make props/write timeline dialogue?
Again, I don't think we were meant to see that. The 2007 date on the camera I'd say is the most objective one since it's more visible than the others (and isn't in a vision).
I haven't watched Cloak and Dagger or Luke Cage Season 2 yet, but I saw this mentioned on Reddit and thought it interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/8tdk3b/cloak_and_dagger_reference_in_luke_cage_2x08/
Nice. Course it kind of creates timeline problem given C&D occurs years before LC Season 2, based on the dates shown in each show, and it'd be odd if she's mentioning that years after... course it could be someone else entirely named O'Reilly. There's wiggle room either way.
Oh wow, that is awesome! When they mentioned O'Reilly was a former New York cop I thought that was a great opportunity for a tie-in, but I never thought they'd actually do it. I hope they keep these little references up.

EDIT: Also, Callahan was the name used for O'Reilly's character in the Cloak & Dagger casting breakdown, apparently, so they must have really wanted to reference C&D here. So cool.

TC
Read something about the latest Cloak & Dagger episode mentioning Harlem and the cop lady's connection to it.

I don't watch the show anymore, but the article said something her moving to New Orleans being recent.
The mention of it in Cloak and Dagger didn't mention a time frame, just that the officer moved from Harlem to New Orleans at some point. The mention of it in Luke Cage mentions that she moved recently. Either way, the timing creates problems.

Also worth mentioning: Tandy mentions the incident with the tanker happened when she "was 9." Not sure what that does for the placement of the show on the timeline.
That'd make her 17, which works.
They don't mention it being recent, least not in Cloak & Dagger 1x05, but she did mention doing drug busts in Harlem so its confirmed its the same O'Reilly mentioned in Luke Cage Season 2.

For now I'm going to treat the "recently" as a severe over estimation, given theres a 2-3 year time difference (depending on if LC is set in 2017 or 2018).
Cloak and Dagger episode 5 has some useful timeline indicators: O'Reilly is seen looking at narcotics arrest files that she describes as being from "about eight years ago", and the files on screen are from 2010-2011. (The last file she looks at is from 2-22-2011.) Peter Scarborough's faux-Wikipedia page places the rig explosion in 2009. Looking back at the previous discussion on the Cloak and Dagger timeline, it seems like the 2007 date on the security camera footage from the pilot, while the clearest on screen date, is the outlier here--it's looking more like a 2018 date is a safer bet.

TC
I hadn't noticed that. I'm hoping someone asks the showrunners directly about the intended timeline. Maybe the original intention was to set it in 2015 or so when Pilot episode was filmed, but when rest of series began filming they retconned it?

I'm going to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out, and if worse comes to worse we can assume the camera date is wrong, but that also means discrediting the specific April dates for it as well (unless we're to presume only the year is wrong while date is correct, which is unlikely).

Also, what proof is there placing the rig explosion in 2009?
Want to get feedback on what you guys think is best approach to take on the current two timeline issues:

The Luke Cage Season 2/Infinity War potential conflict, and the Cloak & Dagger Season 1 placement.

[…]

And now the Cloak & Dagger conflicting info. I'm still more inclined to believe C&D's specific camera date, since it was blatant (and had to be intentionally inserted, indicating it was intentional), but we'll see what rest of the season has in store.
Regarding Cloak and Dagger: IF the 2007 date is incorrect, and IF the 2009 date from the wiki page is correct, than that places the current-day stuff in 2017. And if that's the case, I think it's happening pretty close to, if not at the same time as, Luke Cage season 2 because of the whole O'Reilly thing.
Regarding the Peter Scarborough faux-Wikipedia entry, it looks like I jumped the gun on assuming that the Roxxon Gulf explosion was in 2009. Here's a screenshot:

xW7QvCz.png

It's hard to make out, but what it actually says is something like "In 2009, after supervising the Roxxon cleanup effort in New Orleans following an oil rig explosion, Scarborough transitioned to a consulting position." So it could have occurred in or before 2009, actually.

Here are screenshots for O'Reilly's search for narcotics arrests from February 2010-February 2011, said to be "about 8 years ago" in dialogue:

H5n49SD.png

ghgv0Ps.png

This is the period of time when Conners began working narcotics (after he shot Tyrone's brother).

TC
Yeah I'd noticed the dates in that scene and combined with the mention of 8 years ago it is likely to place C&D in early 2018. Once Season finishes up I'll make a final decision on that.
There's a parking ticket seen in Cloak & Dagger 1x06 at the 0:02:23 mark (including the recap, without recap its at 0:01:46 mark), but no visible date can be seen. There doesn't seem to be any date on it at all.

Given the O'Reilly stuff and the 8 years mention in combo with the 2010 dates on the cases she was looking over, I'm going to move C&D to Feb-March 2018, and treat the 2007 date on the security cam as a case of the date not being accurately programmed. Given its a store video camera thats quite possible (instead of a police dash cam or military time code on government equipment or something where date is unlikely to be incorrect).

At the 23:01 mark in C&D 1x06, a license plate has a registration that expires in 2018, indicating it is indeed likely occurring in early 2018 (Feb-March), indicating the security cam date was incorrect.
Timeline is up to date for Infinity War and Cloak & Dagger Season 1.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the finale of Cloak and Dagger take place on Mardi Gras? That's why a lot of people had the beads on and I believe there was actual dialogue stating it was Mardi Gras that day. Looking it up, Actual Mardi Gras 2018 happened on February 13, 2018.
Sidenote relating to the tv shows in general: I'm on the side of "everything takes place before Infinity War until Avengers 4," so I personally have Cloak and Dagger placed in February-March 2017 and Luke Cage season 2 placed in August-September 2017. Again, the cold weather to me indicates an early December 2017/early January 2018 setting for Iron Fist season 2, but I'll have to finish the season before I get a really definitive answer, I think.
So assuming we do move Luke Cage season 2 to August-September 2017, how would that affect the placement of Cloak and Dagger? Where it is now (February 2018) works with "before Infinity War," but to me, it would have to be February 2017 to line up with the Luke Cage references. If Misty left the force after the Defenders in November 2016, O'Reilly would have been transferred soon after that in time for the February 2017 placement of Cloak and Dagger. This way, Misty is told about O'Reilly being transferred in Luke Cage season 2 when she returns to the force and it makes sense why she wouldn't have known why her close friend from work had been transferred for almost 2 years. This also fits with the New Orleans police continuing to make references to O'Reilly's past in New York, implying (to me, at least) that her transfer to New Orleans happened recently.
Moved Cloak & Dagger season 1 and Luke Cage season 2 to 2017, and Iron Fist season 2 to 2018.
Remind me again, but are there reasons why Cloak & Dagger takes place before Luke Cage season two? I recall some explanation in LC but I don't remember what it was exactly.
In Luke Cage 2x08, Nandi mentions that O'Reilly doesn't know that Misty quit because she moved to New Orleans, which seems to imply it is after Cloak & Dagger season 1.
On the topic of the timeline, I'll echo my previous post from the original thread. Cloak and Dagger's finale took place on Mardi Gras, which was February 28, 2017.
OK, so Cloak & Dagger. Again, you guys have already decided on 2017, so this will just back that up, but like with Luke Cage, at the wiki, we had already decided 2017 had the most evidence, not 2018.

I'm copying over what I said on the wiki. It's not the accurate maths I would usually do, but it wasn't too important to be too accurate because assigning rough numbers to give some sense of weighting gave a clear answer. It's better than just counting the number of pieces of evidence for each.

Firstly, the four possible years in which the show could take place are 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018. This is because the present day events' evidence places it in 2016, 2017, or 2018, the flashbacks of the accident's evidence place it in 2007, 2008, or 2009, and the flashbacks and the present day events are exactly 8 years apart, as is clarified in Episode 8, where it is the 8-year anniversary. So, the only potential years are 2015-2018.

Next, it is also established that the show takes place in February. It is the end of the school basketball season, which is February-March, and it is confirmed in Episode 10 when Mardi Gras occurs - in the four potential years, Mardi Gras was in February. It has to be assumed that the basketball season ended a couple of weeks early in the MCU, and the whole season only takes place over a short amount of time in late February.

Since Episode 8 is the 8-year anniversary of the accident, this means that the accident was also in late February.

First, I will lay out all of the contradictory evidence in the connected web, like I would if I were to calculate the best possible compromise (like I did with Phase One at the wiki). This involves Billy and Tyrone's dates of birth, and the dates of the accident and the present day events - they are all linked together in a contradictory mess. Each piece of evidence will be individual, without the context yet that the accident and the present day events should be February.
Usually I would do full and more complicated maths for how important each piece of evidence is, but I was fairly sure the final answer would be reasonably standout and clear, so a simpler system would suffice. I will just score the evidence roughly out of 10. Again, usually I'd be a lot more specific and mathematical, but with Cloak & Dagger: Season 1 I thought there should be no need to waste time and effort on a full/complicated system, so I just used this easier and quicker, if more crude, scoring system to get this done sooner. It did turn out to be enough to illustrate the direction that the evidence points to, and is better at weighting the evidence than merely counting each point equally - if not as good a weighting system as my more complicated one.

*Billy's date of birth:
***Episode 2: The milk carton in Adina's vision shows his date of birth as "2/13/02". This can just be discarded, since Billy is clearly in his late teens in 2007-2010, whenever the accident is. It must simply be a part of her vision, since Billy appears as a child - the date of birth is representative of a child, as are all the other statistics such as height and weight.
*****Irrelevant.
*****Score: 0/10.
***Episode 4: Obituary says he was born "August 1, 1990".
*****August 1, 1990.
*****Very small but still legible when zoomed in. Score: 5/10.
*Tyrone's date of birth:
***Episode 2: Tyrone's mother's vision shows his date of birth as "8/19/00", although Billy's is definitely not his real date of birth, so perhaps this isn't either.
*****August 19, 2000.
*****Very small and has to be really cleared up to be legible. As well as this, there is the in-universe possibility that it is incorrect. Score: 2.5/10.

*The date of the accident:
***Episode 1: Nathan Bowen's work ID is valid from "30MAR08" to "29MAR10", which would mean the accident occurred between those dates.
*****March 30, 2008-March 29, 2010. Roughly March 29.5, 2009.
***Episode 1: Security footage shown to the Johnsons the next day shows clearly that Tyrone stealing the radio, earlier in the night, was "2007-04-18". So it's April 18, 2007, contradicting the ID, but very clearly shown. Should be undeniable.
*****April 18, 2007.
*****Very clearly shown, though some in-universe possibility of mistake if the camera is programmed wrong. Score: 8/10.
***Episode 2: Adina's vision shows the "missing" dates of her children as being "6/6/08". This can be explained away by the fact it's just a vision - perhaps that's the date on which she was having the anxieties, rather than the date Billy died.
*****June 6, 2008.
*****Small and only just legible. As well as this, there is the in-universe possibility that it is not the actual date of Billy's death. Score: 3.5/10.
***Episode 5: Peter Scarborough's Wikipedia page says, "In 2009, after supervising the Roxxon cleanup effort in New Orleans following an oil rig explosion, Scarborough transitioned to a consulting position." This means it is no later than 2009, likely around 2008/2009.
*****Most likely late 2008-early 2009, definitely February 2007 (the earliest any evidence would place the accident)-early 2009. Roughly early 2009.
*****Very small and has to be really cleared up to be legible. Score: 4/10.
***Episode 5: The oil rig schematics were revised on what seems to be "9/10/2008", suggesting the accident was after September 10, 2008.
*****September 11, 2008-February 2010 (the latest any evidence would place the accident). Roughly mid-2009.
***Very small and has to be really cleared up to be legible. Score: 4/10.

*Present day events (which are late February of whichever year):
***Jeph Loeb's statement: He stated on Reddit that for the most part, shows released before Avengers 4 will still be set before Avengers: Infinity War. At SDCC, he added that this will be the case unless otherwise specified. Therefore, it is before Spring 2018, when Avengers: Infinity War takes place. Since February 2018 is the latest any evidence would suggest, then any of the possible dates work.
*****Irrelevant.
*****Score: 0/10.
***Episode 8 + Luke Cage: Season 2, Episode 8 + Emma Lahana's statement: Emma Lahana says this is O'Reilly's first case in New Orleans. We are told in Luke Cage: Season 2, Episode 8 that O'Reilly moved to New Orleans, meaning her move is prior to August 2017, when that scene takes place. This means that Cloak & Dagger at the very latest is taking place concurrently with Luke Cage: Season 2 in late August 2017. The implication is that she left after The Defenders: Season 1, when Misty left the precinct for a year in May 2016 (or, on here, left for 9 months in November 2016) - though there is the possibility that Nandi is merely reminding Misty that O'Reilly moved a few months before Misty had left. There is also the possibility of slightly fudging Lahana's comment since it's not explicitly said in the show, so February 2018 (the latest any evidence would place the show) isn't completely ruled out. But anything before December 2015 is. In Episode 8, O'Reilly refers to weird things that happened in New York concerning her friend Misty, so at the very least, Luke Cage: Season 1 has taken place, and that is November-December 2015.
*****Most likely May/November 2016-August 2017, definitely December 2015-February 2018 (the latest any evidence would suggest). Roughly late 2016-early 2017.
*****Direct dialogue, like an 8/10, statement outside of the actual episodes, like a 6/10. Usually you would take the lowest scoring because it's the weakest piece of evidence this is relying on, but there is an implication of it being an early case of hers anyway, so we should average instead. Score: 7/10.
***Episode 1: Lush Life by Leo Islo plays in-universe. This song was put online on March 27, 2017.
*****March 27, 2017-February 2018 (the latest any evidence would suggest). Roughly September 2017.
*****Song, the producers could very easily have not thought about it. Score: 3.5/10.
***Episode 1: Right Now by Vindata plays in-universe. This song was put online on February 22, 2017.
*****February 22, 2017-February 2018 (the latest any evidence would suggest). Roughly August 2017.
*****Song, the producers could very easily have not thought about it. Score: 3.5/10.
***Episode 1: The taxi Tyrone pulls up has an "11 17" registration sticker. This would suggest it's between November 2016 and November 2017, if it's a 1-year sticker. It could be a 2-year sticker and February 2016.
*****Most likely November 2016-November 2017, definitely November 2015-November 2017.
***Episode 1: Tyrone and his friend's iPhones seem to be pretty current - like one of the more recent ones at the time of filming in early 2017. But I don't know if it's possible to be 2016 or even 2015 from the phones and iOS shown.
*****Unknown, but the later the better.
*****I'm not good on this, so I can't say it has a particularly strong influence unless I find out more. For now, score: 4/10.
***Episode 4: A magazine says, "Currently chairs a committee in 2017," suggesting it is currently 2017.
*****January 1, 2017-December 31, 2017. Roughly mid-2017.
***Episode 5: O'Reilly looks at narcotics arrest files that she describes as being from "about 8 years ago", and the files on screen are from "02/18/2010", suggesting this is at least August 2017 (7.5 years on), up to February 2018 (the latest any evidence would place the season).
*****August 2017-February 2018. Roughly February 2018.
*****Dialogue, but reliant on the prop date - Very small but still legible when zoomed in. Score: 5/10.
***Episode 5: The news from "hours ago" is real life news stories from September 2017. This would suggest it is September 2017.
*****September 2017.
***Episode 6: The "STANMAN" license plate says "18". License plates have to be renewed every 2 years, so an 18 plate could expire at any point in 2018. This means no matter when in 2018 it expires, 2017 is completely safe. Only parts of 2016 and parts of 2018 will work.
*****2016-2018, roughly mid-2017.
*****Small but still legible when zoomed in. Score: 5.5/10.
***Episode 8: Tyrone's phone says "Thursday, October 5". October 5th was a Thursday in 2017 (this is no coincidence, October 5, 2017 was pretty much exactly when they'd have been filming Episode 8, so it's almost certainly just the date and time of filming).
*****October 5, 2017.
*****Very clearly shown, though some in-universe possibility of mistake if the phone is programmed wrong, as well as no explicit and direct year given. Score: 7/10.
***Episode 10: The Rands are referred to, suggesting Danny Rand is back in the world. This would work for anything after February 2016 (or June 2016 by this timeline), when Danny returns.
*****February/June 2016-February 2018 (the latest any evidence would place the show). Roughly February 2017.
*****Direct dialogue, though has a little leniency if you assume he is referring to Rand Enterprises rather than the Rand family. But he does specifically say "Rands". Score: 8/10.
***Episode 10: Mardi Gras is shown, cementing the February placement. It has been a little while, at least several days, since the basketball state final. The basketball state finals in Louisiana are traditionally held in early March, but Mardi Gras in 2015 was February 17th, in 2016 was February 9th, in 2017 was February 28th, and in 2018 was February 13th. While none of these work perfectly, the later that Mardi Gras is, the better - with the state finals only having to be moved back in the timeline a week or two, as opposed to a month or even more. And 2017 stands out as by far the closest.
*****February 2017.
*****Hard one to score because it's not a direct piece of evidence, but I'd say it's reasonably strong. Score: 6.5/10.

*Billy's date of birth → The accident
***Episode 4: Obituary says he was "17" when he died.
*****17.0-17.99 years. Roughly 17.5 years.
***Episode 5: Obituary says he was "17" when he died.
*****17.0-17.99 years. Roughly 17.5 years.
*****Small but still legible when zoomed in. Score: 5.5/10.

*Tyrone's date of birth → The accident
***Episode 4: Tyrone says he was "8".
*****8.0-8.99 years. Roughly 8.5 years.
*****Direct dialogue. Score: 9/10.

*Tyrone's date of birth → Present day events
***Episode 2: It is said that Tyrone has known Father Delgado for 3 years, and bringing in a little context of it being February, this suggests he's in February of junior year, which would mean he was born 16.4-17.4 years ago.
*****16.4-17.4 years. Roughly 16.9 years.
*****Slightly unclear dialogue. Score: 7.5/10.

*The accident → Present day events
***Episodes 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10: All these episodes say it's been "8 years". I would list all the times if I were about to do a big maths thing with the contradictory evidence, but the most important thing is Episode 8, where it is clearly established that it is the 8-year anniversary. Therefore it is exactly and firmly 8.0 years.
*****8.0 years.
*****No denying or bending it.

I didn't see a point in doing the calculations like I did with Phase One, considering the anniversary piece of information. Usually, I would calculate everything - the evidence for the placement of the dates of birth, the accident, and the present day events, and then the gaps between them, to find the best possible solution and compromises to best fit all the evidence. But the 8 years isn't flexible, it's absolute and exact. So we're not weighing up the accident and the present day events as individual pieces, but as joined. We are weighing up:
*The total evidence for Feb 2007 + the total evidence for Feb 2015
*The total evidence for Feb 2008 + the total evidence for Feb 2016
*The total evidence for Feb 2009 + the total evidence for Feb 2017
*The total evidence for Feb 2010 + the total evidence for Feb 2018

And seeing which pair comes out as the strongest. So I'll lay it out now differently:

*The date of the accident:
***Episode 1: Nathan Bowen's work ID is valid from "30MAR08" to "29MAR10", which would mean the accident occurred between those dates.
*****February 2009. Score: 5/10.
*****February 2010. Score: 5/10.
***Episode 1: "2007-04-18". This does not work with any February. It is closest to February 2007. However, in-universe, it is more likely to be February 2008, because the date on the camera being wrong is more likely to give a date in the past than the future. 50:50 split.
*****February 2007. Original score: 8/10, but definitely incorrect since it doesn't fit as being February, so 4/10. 4/10 split 50:50 between 2007 and 2008. Score: 2/10.
*****February 2008. Same reasoning. Score: 2/10.
***Episode 2: Adina's vision shows the "missing" dates of her children as being "6/6/08". The closest February is 2008, and this would make sense, for her to still be very anxious about a second child dying 4 months later, and the 6/6/08 actually being the date of her anxiety rather than the date of Billy's death.
*****February 2008. Original score: 3.5/10, but definitely not the actual date since it doesn't fit as being February, so 1.75/10. Score: 1.75/10.
***Episode 2 + Episode 4: In Episode 2, Tyrone's mother's vision shows his date of birth as "8/19/00", although Billy's is definitely not his real date of birth, so perhaps this isn't either. In Episode 4, Tyrone says he was "8". If his birthday is indeed August 19, 2000, then the February where he's 8 would be February 2009.
*****February 2009. Original scores: 2.5 and 9/10. To work together, this piece of evidence is reliant on the least reliable piece of information. Score: 2.5/10.
***Episode 4 + Episode 5: In Episode 4, Obituary says Billy was born "August 1, 1990" and that he died aged "17". The "17" part is reaffirmed in Episode 5. The February where Billy would have been 17 was February 2008.
*****February 2008. Original scores: 5, 5, and 5.5/10. To work together, this piece of evidence is reliant on the least reliable piece of information. Score: 5/10.
***Episode 5: Peter Scarborough's Wikipedia page says, "In 2009, after supervising the Roxxon cleanup effort in New Orleans following an oil rig explosion, Scarborough transitioned to a consulting position." This definitely works as February 2009 and possibly works as February 2008.
*****February 2008. Original score: 4/10. Works about 25% with February 2008, so 25% score. Score: 1/10.
*****February 2009. Original score: 4/10. Works fully with February 2009, so full score. Score: 4/10.
***Episode 5: The oil rig schematics were revised on what seems to be "9/10/2008", suggesting the accident was after September 10, 2008. This definitely works as February 2009 or February 2010.
*****February 2009. Original score: 4/10. Works fully with February 2009, so full score. Score: 4/10.
*****February 2010. Original score: 4/10. Works fully with February 2010, so full score. Score: 4/10.

*The date of the present day events:
***Jeph Loeb's statement irrelevant.
***Episode 8 + Luke Cage: Season 2, Episode 8 + Emma Lahana's statement: Emma Lahana says this is O'Reilly's first case in New Orleans. We are told in Luke Cage: Season 2, Episode 8 that O'Reilly moved to New Orleans, likely after The Defenders: Season 1. Should be between May 2016 (or, on here, November 2016) and August 2017, where the only February is 2017. Fully works with 2017. Could just about work with 2016 if we assume Nandi is just reminding her that O'Reilly left a few months prior to her leaving. Has a small chance of working in 2018 if Lahana's comment is fudged a little.
*****February 2016. Original score: 7/10. Works about 33.3% with February 2016, so 33.3% score. Score: 2.33/10.
*****February 2017. Original score: 7/10. Works fully with February 2017 so full score. Score: 7/10.
*****February 2018. Original score: 7/10. Works about 16.7% with February 2018, so 16.7% score. Score: 1.17/10.
***Episode 1: Lush Life by Leo Islo plays in-universe. This song was put online on March 27, 2017, so the only possible February is 2018.
*****February 2018. Original score: 3.5/10. Works fully with February 2018 so full score. Score: 3.5/10.
***Episode 1: Right Now by Vindata plays in-universe. This song was put online on February 22, 2017. Sadly, this is just a few days too late to fit with February 2017, since this is in Episode 1 and Episode 10 would be February 28, 2017, and the season spans more than 6 days.
*****February 2018. Original score: 3.5/10. Works fully with February 2018 so full score. Score: 3.5/10.
***Episode 1: The taxi Tyrone pulls up has an "11 17" registration sticker. This would suggest it's February 2017, if it's a 1-year sticker. It could be a 2-year sticker and February 2016.
*****February 2016. Original score: 5/10. Works about 75% with February 2016, so 75% score. Score: 3.75/10.
*****February 2017. Original score: 5/10. Works fully with February 2017 so full score. Score: 5/10.
***Episode 1: Tyrone and his friend's iPhones seem to be pretty current - like one of the more recent ones at the time of filming in early 2017. But I don't know if it's possible to be 2016 or even 2015 from the phones and iOS shown.
*****February 2015. Original score: 4/10. I'm about 50% sure it works with February 2015, so for now at least, 50% score. Score: 2/10.
*****February 2016. Original score: 4/10. I'm about 75% sure it works with February 2016, so for now at least, 75% score. Score: 3/10.
*****February 2017. Original score: 4/10. I'm pretty sure, since they had filmed most of the season by September 2017 when the next batch of iPhones came out, that it works fully with February 2017 so full score. Score: 4/10.
*****February 2018. Original score: 4/10. Works fully with February 2018 so full score. Score: 4/10.
***Episode 2: It is said that Tyrone has known Father Delgado for 3 years, and bringing in a little context of it being February, this suggests he's in February of junior year, which would mean he was born 16.4-17.4 years ago. Tyrone's mother's vision shows his date of birth as "8/19/00", although Billy's is definitely not his real date of birth, so perhaps this isn't either. Assuming his date of birth is indeed August 19, 2000, the February in which he's a junior would be February 2017.
*****February 2017. Original scores: 2.5 and 7.5/10. To work together, this piece of evidence is reliant on the least reliable piece of information. Score: 2.5/10.
***Episode 4: A magazine says, "Currently chairs a committee in 2017," suggesting it is currently February 2017.
*****February 2017. Original score: 5/10. Works fully with February 2017 so full score. Score: 5/10.
***Episode 5: O'Reilly looks at narcotics arrest files that she describes as being from "about 8 years ago", and the files on screen are from "02/18/2010", suggesting this is February 2018.
*****February 2018. Original score: 5/10. Works fully with February 2018 so full score. Score: 5/10.
***Episode 5: The news from "hours ago" is real life news stories from September 2017. This does not work for any February, though if it has to suggest one it would be February 2018, because not only is it closer to February 2018, but at least in February 2018 those stories have ''happened'' and there could just be something wrong with the timings on the articles.
*****February 2018. Original score: 5/10, but definitely incorrect since it doesn't fit as being February, so 2.5/10. Works about 25% with February 2018, so 25% score. Score: 0.63/10.
***Episode 6: The "STANMAN" license plate says "18". License plates have to be renewed every 2 years, so an 18 plate could expire at any point in 2018. If the expiry date is January or February 2018, then February 2016 works, so it has about a 2 in 12, 16.7% chance of working for 2016. No matter the expiry date, it will work for 2017. If the expiry date is in March-December 2018, then February 2018 works, so it has about a 10 in 12, 83.3% chance of working for 2018.
*****February 2016. Original score: 5.5/10. Works about 16.7% with February 2016, so 16.7% score. Score: 0.92/10.
*****February 2017. Original score: 5.5/10. Works fully with February 2017, so full score. Score: 5.5/10.
*****February 2018. Original score: 5.5/10. Works about 83.3% with February 2018, so 83.3% score. Score: 4.58/10.
***Episode 8: Tyrone's phone says "Thursday, October 5". October 5th was a Thursday in 2017, and the day of filming. This does not work for any February, though if it has to suggest one it would be February 2018, because not only is it closer to February 2018, but it is more likely if the phone has the wrong date that it would be a past date, not a future one.
*****February 2018. Original score: 7/10, but definitely incorrect since it doesn't fit as being February, so 3.5/10. Works about 25% with February 2018, so 25% score. Score: 0.88/10.
***Episode 10: The Rands are referred to, suggesting Danny Rand is back in the world. This would work for anything after February 2016 (or June 2016 by this timeline), when Danny returns. However, February 2016 does not actually fit (so no difference with the fact that this timeline says June 2016), because Mardi Gras occurred early in 2016, before mid-February when Danny revealed himself to still be alive.
*****February 2017. Original score: 8/10. Works fully with February 2017, so full score. Score: 8/10.
*****February 2018. Original score: 8/10. Works fully with February 2018, so full score. Score: 8/10.
***Episode 10: Mardi Gras is shown, and 2017 is the only year where it is late enough to really work with the basketball season - February 28th.
*****February 2017. Original score: 6.5/10. Works about 75% with February 2018, so 75% score. Score: 4.88/10.
So:
*2007 = 2.
*2015 = 2.
***2007 and 2015 = 2 + 2 = 4.
*2008 = 2 + 1.75 + 5 + 1 = 9.75.
*2016 = 2.33 + 3.75 + 3 + 0.92 = 10.
***2008 and 2016 = 9.75 + 10 = 19.75.
*2009 = 5 + 2.5 + 4 + 4 = 15.5.
*2017 = 7 + 5 + 4 + 2.5 + 5 + 5.5 + 8 + 4.88 = 41.88.
***2009 and 2017 = 15.5 + 41.88 = 57.38.
*2010 = 5 + 4 = 9.
*2018 = 1.17 + 3.5 + 3.5 + 4 + 5 + 0.63 + 4.58 + 0.88 + 8 = 31.26.
***2010 and 2018 = 9 + 31.26 = 40.26.

2009 and 2017 comes out as the clear strongest option, so yeah, the more complicated system wasn't necessary.

In regards to Daredevil season 3's timeline placement, where do you guys think it would fit better:

-early 2017: supported by Ray telling his son they'll have a pool by summer this year (episode 1), Matt having questioned himself for a couple of months (episode 3), the mention of jogging in winter (episode 5), and the snow melting throughout the season (with the trees being green by episode 13).

or

-October-November 2017: supported by the upcoming DA elections, and by Matt seeming to still be presumed dead in Luke Cage and Iron Fist seasons 2 (which would mean DD season 3 takes place after those).

Last edited:
Just something on my mind as of late. I've been wondering how Agents of SHIELD could connect to Ragnarok and Infinity War while also adhering to Ant Man and the Wasp's numerous statements of Scott being under house arrest for two years. Obviously it can't without something getting screwed up. However, after checking this timeline and the MCU Wiki everyone's strategy seems to be putting a multi-month gap in between "Principilia" and "The Devil Complex," And having just rewatched the entirety of Season 5, this just doesn't make sense to me. Like, you may be able to fit in a few weeks there upon their return, but to put months in between just doesn't feel right.

Now, I offer this as a counter, would it not be more plausible to fix this obvious mess up by just declaring Scott had requested and been granted early release and place Infinity War earlier in the year? Like the Agents return in December 2018 in which Thor is visiting Strange, add enough space to get us to around late January-Early Feburary for IW, Scott gets his early release in January or whatever and BAM. I know it's not ideal, and it's obviously a band-aid where stitches should be, but I feel as though it is the more believable of the two possibilities.

Either way, this is not my timeline and I am not campaigning for change, I just thought I would through this int of view into the hat.

Just something on my mind as of late. I've been wondering how Agents of SHIELD could connect to Ragnarok and Infinity War while also adhering to Ant Man and the Wasp's numerous statements of Scott being under house arrest for two years. Obviously it can't without something getting screwed up. However, after checking this timeline and the MCU Wiki everyone's strategy seems to be putting a multi-month gap in between "Principilia" and "The Devil Complex," And having just rewatched the entirety of Season 5, this just doesn't make sense to me. Like, you may be able to fit in a few weeks there upon their return, but to put months in between just doesn't feel right.

Now, I offer this as a counter, would it not be more plausible to fix this obvious mess up by just declaring Scott had requested and been granted early release and place Infinity War earlier in the year? Like the Agents return in December 2018 in which Thor is visiting Strange, add enough space to get us to around late January-Early Feburary for IW, Scott gets his early release in January or whatever and BAM. I know it's not ideal, and it's obviously a band-aid where stitches should be, but I feel as though it is the more believable of the two possibilities.

Either way, this is not my timeline and I am not campaigning for change, I just thought I would through this int of view into the hat.

I agree it isn't ideal. But Spider-Man: Far From Home has been said to take place in the summer, and begins immediately after Infinity War/Avengers 4, which itself takes place shortly after Ant-Man and the Wasp. Peyton Reed said it wasn't that long between Ant-Man and the Wasp's main events and the credits scene, so there's probably not much more than a month or two in between that and Far From Home (which is supported by the 2018/4/30 date in Scott's computer).

DIrishB prioritized the evidence from the films over that of the TV shows. So depending on what the official timeline says when it's released in regards to the timespan between Ragnarok and Infinity War, perhaps the solution would be to move AoS season 5 (after they return to the present) in spring 2018.

In DD S3 episode 11, Fisk's lawyer mentions it has been "two years" since Fisk's incarceration.

Latest posts

Back