Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

No problem. Sorry for the double post, the site has been buggy for me. Like I said, I'm keeping it objective. Feel free to adjust it to your own personal order. The goal though, is to be as logical as possible since everyone and their grandmother has a different opinion on viewing order.

Ok, Daredevil season 3... I can't decide if it's early 2017 or late 2017.

Benjamin Donovan alludes to "an early Christmas gift" at one point, plus there's all the talk about the DA election, which would suggest it was late October. But Fisk says Vanessa was kept safe for 2 years (Late 2016 would be closer to 2 actual years) and Matt says he's been gone a couple months.

I paused at nearly every computer and cell phone screen and got nothing. But within the context of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I'd say DD3 has to be after since everyone thinks he's still dead. And when Fisk gathers up all those local crime bosses for the meeting, Rosalie Carbone is there, but no Mariah (implying she's dead) and no Luke (who wouldn't bow down to Fisk).

Definitely a toughie.

Man DD2 was tough to nail down, and now DD3 has to be even tougher? Why is it that the best show has to be the hardest to timeline!?

A Reddit post on this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstud...redevil_s3_spoilers_i_think_we_have_a_doctor/

I think from the time he gets to the church to when he goes out as Daredevil again for the first time is about 6 months later. During this recovery period is Jessica Jones season 2.

So episode 1 to episode 2 = November 2016-May 2017.

So, Daredevil is active but still not on the radar yet. Fisk is set up at the penthouse. Matt steals Foggys wallet and goes to the prison. Matt starts getting investigated by the Feds.

I think theres a jump around here. A few weeks pass if not months. The time from Fisk entering the penthouse to getting his furniture back and subtly corrupting Dex onto his side would takes a long time. I think during this skip is when LCs2 occurs.

So episode 2/3 to episode 6 = May 2017-August/September 2017.

Fisk decides its time to shift focus to Daredevil and commissions Melvin to make two suits, one for Dex. All this while Karen hunts down the guy who shanked Fisk. While all this is hoing down is parallel to most of IFs2.

I then believe that Dexs attack on the Bulletin is shortly after Danny leaves the country, because Danny still thinks Matt is dead in IFs2 and he would definitely have shown up somewhere if Daredevil was on the news.

So episode 7 to episode 13 = January - April 2018.

Any thoughts?

I agree it's conceivable that the first few episodes span several months, but I'm not sure if all of the DA election talk would span almost a year.

Last edited:
Any thoughts?

I agree it's conceivable that the first few episodes span several months, but I'm not sure if all of the DA election talk would span almost a year.

My only concrete spot was a car registration sticker of 12 - 18, when Nadeem in a car around S03E07/8 or so, which really doesn't help since that means it's sometime between December 2016 and 2018 :S

Since the "edit post" button doesn't work, I'll just have to post this here:

The Defenders 1x08: "The Defenders" (0:53:17 - 0:53:53)
Daredevil 3x01: "Resurrection" (0:03:06 - 0:11:09)

^ The last shot of The Defenders takes place months after the main events? Why does Matt still look like he has fresh cuts and scrapes?

Since the "edit post" button doesn't work, I'll just have to post this here:

^ The last shot of The Defenders takes place months after the main events? Why does Matt still look like he has fresh cuts and scrapes?

????
Daredevil 3x12: "One Last Shot"** (October 19, 2018)
Daredevil 3x13: "A New Napkin"** (October 19, 2018)

Also, you have that set after IW, when Jeph Loeb stated that this season is set entirely before the snap.

I finished updating for Daredevil season 3.

If anyone has any suggestions, please comment.

Last edited:

^Doesn't this take place only days after the shot of Matt in bed all bandaged up? I thought all that happened within November of 2016?

^Doesn't this take place only days after the shot of Matt in bed all bandaged up? I thought all that happened within November of 2016?

In the Defenders scene, one of the nuns says to tell Maggie that Matt is awake, and in the DD 3x01 scene, Maggie tells Matt that he's been unconscious for several weeks.

????
Iron Fist 2x10: "A Duel of Iron" (0:46:21 - 0:49:27)

This should take place in May. "Months" later means at the very least, it's been two months since Feb. Since this has to occur before IW per Jeph Loeb, I think May is a logical placement.

????
Iron Fist 2x10: "A Duel of Iron" (0:46:21 - 0:49:27)

This should take place in May. "Months" later means at the very least, it's been two months since Feb. Since this has to occur before IW per Jeph Loeb, I think May is a logical placement.

DIrishB's approach was not to give specific placements for vague statements like "Months later" if there was nothing like dialogue or props to indicate a specific month.

Understood, but there is literally zero wiggle room for this to occur both "months" (meaning at least 2) after Feb and before the snap. So May is the only logical placement.

"Months" means at the very least it has to occur 2 months after February. This places it in May since it cannot be after IW according to Jeph Loeb.

"Months" means at the very least it has to occur 2 months after February. This places it in May since it cannot be after IW according to Jeph Loeb.

-February

-March (1 month after February)

-April (2 months after February)

-May (3 months after February)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back