Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Preseason starts in September, if we end up needing wiggle room that way. Also, was it for sure an NHL game?

I looked again. It's a KHL Hockey match. (One of the banners in the match read KHL.RU.)

2016–17 KHL season ended in April 2017 while the 2017-18 season started on August 21 2017.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/7ced5e199dea005185a4f17768498ff9/tumblr_pljy54szG71u7vukeo1_1280.png

Although it had to have been later than June 2017 since in Episode 4 Russo's therapist said he was six months into his recovery in a flashback that didn't take place that long ago prior to the main events.

Last edited:
Evidence of Real Life Monster (Link)
What Really Happened Here? S.H.I.E.L.D. Operatives Spotted? (Link)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Evidence Caught on Tape!" (Link)
The Iron Man Takes Flight (Link)
Footage from Stark Expo Attacks (Link)

Is it just me, or do none of these have sound?

Pro Bot said:
Sigh theres no way this couldn't be in the mcu. Tone doesn't matter. Suicide Squad has a completely different tone to Man of Steel.

Is this an actual scene from Jessica Jones or one of those YouTube exclusive scenes? I haven't finished watching all of the Netflix shows (almost to Defenders now) so I'm not watching that clip yet.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about this? Saw this on Quora:

Was MCU Ultron actually preparing for the coming of Thanos even if he didn't know him by name?

Sometimes it seemed that way. I don't think Ultron had any idea that Thanos existed. How would he? But there were three scenes that I have no explanation for. They struck me as odd:

Ultron breaks the scepter, revealing the Mind Stone. He says that humans never think to "scratch the surface." How did he know about the Mind Stone at all, least of all that it was in the scepter? Plus, he had planned all along to have it power his Vision. Not only did he know about the Mind Stone, he knew what it could do. (All we knew to this point that the scepter could grant mind control to the wielder, and it can give mutant abilities to certain people, or kill them.)Whan Wanda accused him of planning to destroy earth, Ultron says "every time life evolves, god throws a stone at it. And believe me, he's winding up." Is he talking about himself being a god? That statement, along with his affection for the church in the center of town leads me to believe he may think of himself as an instrument of god. Ultron has an ambiguous relationship with the term. Usually someone who thinks they are an instrument of god announces it. Is he thinking about another almost all-powerful being?Thanos' mid-credit scene made ZERO sense: "fine, I'll do it myself." Unless Ultron (in his ultimate body, Vision) planned to deliver the Mind Stone to Thanos (which we were not lead to believe) the statement just hangs there. Was Thanos talking to unseen members of The Black Order or another group who failed to obtain one of the Infinity Stones? Or did Ultron think he could beat the Avengers, destroy earth, then go after and defeat Thanos with the Mind Stone and Vibranium? We aren't told what Ultron plans to do after he kills humanity. "Everything left alive will be made of metal" sounds like he's planning on colonizing earth with his drones, not going after Thanos.

I thought Ultron had all the knowledge of Tony, Banner, plus what was on earth's internet. No knowledge of Infinity Stones or Thanos at all. Maybe the statements above were plot holes/ inconsistencies, or left to possibly retcon Ultron into Endgame (or a future movie).

Can someone please explain placement reasoning for the following?

????
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 18: "End Credits" (2:15:02 - 2:15:36)

Can someone please explain placement reasoning for the following?

????
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Chapter 18: "End Credits" (2:15:02 - 2:15:36)

We know is that this scene takes place after the main events of Winter Soldier, but we don't know how long after it it takes place.

In The Punisher S2E9 roughly 27:30 in, when talking to Dinah Mehdani,
Billy Russo/Jigsaw intimates that his recovery time since the end of S1 is a year, telling Mehdani that she wasted a year of her life watching over him in the hospital.

In The Punisher S2E9 roughly 27:30 in, when talking to Dinah Mehdani,
Billy Russo/Jigsaw intimates that his recovery time since the end of S1 is a year, telling Mehdani that she wasted a year of her life watching over him in the hospital.

If we also take into account she also mentioned it having been "months", that still puts in 2017. Though late or 3rd quarter 2017 would be still be close to a year.

My question is, does what happen in Daredevil S3 determine whether Punisher S2 is right before or after it in the timeline? I still haven't seen the episode with Karen Page yet, admittedly.

Last edited:
Apparently she mentions Nelson & Murdock. Not really Page, Nelson & Murdock but... haven't seen it myself. If it proves to be after Daredevil S3 but before where we have it we could just move daredevil back. I think it's pretty spot on though.

Last edited:
Method Man goes by Johnny Blaze because of Ghost Rider, right? How can he go by that name in this universe (Which he does) when Johnny Blaze is an actual person?

Method Man goes by Johnny Blaze because of Ghost Rider, right? How can he go by that name in this universe (Which he does) when Johnny Blaze is an actual person?

For the same reason why Protect Ya Neck is played in The Defenders, even though that song mentions Spider-Man and was released 9 years before Peter was born in the MCU.

Still confused. That could be just because the Spider-Man references weren't present in the full song. I guess Johnny Blaze could be another famous person.

Last edited:
Ghostface exists in the MCU, and also goes by Iron Man/Tony Starks.

Latest posts

Back