DIrishB

Wash

Hey there. I dunno if this is anywhere on the forum or not. I'm sure a lot of you are aware of member DIrishB, aka the Timeline Guy.

Apparently he has passed away from a blood clot in his lung.

I used to be pretty good friends with him when we lived in the same area. We met working together at Barnes & Nobles in like 2005 or 2006. I haven't talked with him much since moving away.

I texted him a couple of days ago, but didn't get a reply right away. Today I got a response from his mother telling me of his passing.

The exact message read: "This David mother I don't know you David passed away on Saturday from a blood clot to his lung His service is Friday in Stuart."

Here is a link to the obituary: https://m.legacy.com/obituaries/tcp...-oneil&pid=190010287&referrer=0&preview=false

Like I said, we haven't talked in like three years. Life and distance gets in the way. I am still saddened by this information.

He introduced me to this forum like 11 years ago. I never used the forum much, but I know Dave was a frequent poster and likely a valued member of the community.

I apologize if this information has already been posted on here. If not, I felt like you all would like to know about the passing of one of your own.

Blaze one up and pour one out for DIrishB.

RIP brother.

Last edited:
I'm in total shock. I feel like I've lost a friend...

I don't know what to say.

RIP DIrishB. You were you a great inspiration to me and I hope your work lives on.:cry:

He and I used to really get into before I left, but before then DIB and I used to chat every day. He was a good guy and will be missed. Does anyone know how to back up websites? I feel like it would be a shame for all of his work to go to waste.
http://thetimelinesite.com/timelines

Hey guys - I'm the admin here.

Wash - thanks for updating us as to what was going on.

The amount of work he put into the timelines was pretty incredible. So much so that he and I were in the process of moving them to a completely new site. I kept in semi-regular contact with him over email regarding the new site but we were stuck in a rut with one of the new features and I hadn't heard from him in a few days. And this site is basically defunct so I haven't been around to see this.

So the question remains - what to do with these timelines? The new site was a joint effort between the two of us but I had nothing to do with updating the timelines themselves; I just created the site. I wouldn't know where to start with them.

Any ideas?

This site was a big part of my life for a long time, and it was DIB's ultimate marvel timeline that brought me here.

I'm really sad to hear this news.

Hey guys - I'm the admin here.

Wash - thanks for updating us as to what was going on.

The amount of work he put into the timelines was pretty incredible. So much so that he and I were in the process of moving them to a completely new site. I kept in semi-regular contact with him over email regarding the new site but we were stuck in a rut with one of the new features and I hadn't heard from him in a few days. And this site is basically defunct so I haven't been around to see this.

So the question remains - what to do with these timelines? The new site was a joint effort between the two of us but I had nothing to do with updating the timelines themselves; I just created the site. I wouldn't know where to start with them.

Any ideas?

For starters, I think we should keep this site for now (and fix some of the editing and formatting issues that it currently has) until we're somehow able to carry it all over to a forum on TheTimelineSite.

It saddens me that the the activity for this site has gone away recently, but hopefully that will turn around once things are fixed and we can keep these timelines going.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back